Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've just started watching Supergirl on Netflix (and hyper able to get my 10 y.o. son interested after FORCING him to watch a couple of episodes. ASIDE: He wasn't too keen on WW movie either. We had to drag him to that and he said it was 'ok'. Where did he learn female superheroes weren't worth watching??? Not from me! End aside.)

Did anyone else notice that S1.E5 "How Does She Do It" (the one where Kara babysits -- very badly -- Cat's son) was REALLY similar to Neverending Battle? I mean, come on! How could that episode NOT have been based on it? I knew that Lord character was bad news when I first saw him, but I didn't know he was going to be Supergirl's Lex Luthor. There's the tests and then Supergirl even has a confrontation with him ala Superman's speech to Lex at the end of NB -- it's basically the SAME speech. Interesting dynamic between Lord and Alex that makes me worried that Alex is going to turn bad at some point. eek

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Anyone still watching Supergirl? I like this show, but unfortunately the plot holes are horrendous. The 3rd season scripts seem to jettison characters along the way: Jeremiah Danvers's fate doesn't seem to interest the writers anymore. huh
However, I admit I really like the Mon-El/Kara pairing: they were cute together, before they had to complicate everything. Hoping for a few more Superman sightings, though.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I'm still watching, but as for Superman-actor sightings, I think we're more likely to see Brandon Routh than Dean Cain on the show.

I'm hoping we get to see Supergirl's Superman again; I like Tyler Hoechlin in the role.

Joy,
Lynn

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm still watching the show and looking forward to when the new episodes return after Legends of Tomorrow finishes its season.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Blogger
Blogger
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I'm still watching, but as for Superman-actor sightings, I think we're more likely to see Brandon Routh than Dean Cain on the show.

I'm hoping we get to see Supergirl's Superman again; I like Tyler Hoechlin in the role.

Joy,
Lynn
I don't really like what they're doing to Ray (Brandon Rouths's character) on Legends of Tomorrow to be honest. He's supposed to be an actual super hero in his own right and a darn good engineer, right?

He was all of that on Arrow, and for a while on Legends of Tomorrow, but now he's mostly the comic relief and playing second fiddle to the neanderthal on the team.

As far as as sightings go, Brandon is much more likely to show up on Supergirl. He plays a character on a show in the same multiverse with a bunch of crossovers, so bringing him in won't cost that much extra. But to be fair, he was on Arrow before Supergirl premiered.

I also really like Tyler Hoechlin as Superman/Clark.

Last edited by Thaeri; 03/31/18 07:41 PM.
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally Posted by Thaeri
I also really like Tyler Hoechlin as Superman/Clark.

I would totally watch a Superman show with that guy. He was like a breath of fresh air. I loved that scene in the first episode he was in where Clark and Kara are coming out of the elevator and Clark has knocked someone's papers all over the floor. Kara tells him that he's kind of overdoing his Clark Kent routine, and he replies, a bit embarrassed, that it was a genuine accident. It was just so cute an exchange!

I am completely not caught up on Supergirl (I'm somewhere in the middle of season 2...)

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard