Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#273923 03/02/17 01:43 AM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
I'm happy to announce that the 2017 Kerth Awards are underway!

The organising committee for this year contains (thus far) myself and Deadly Chakram. It's our first time organising the Kerths, and we're really looking forward to it.

Huge thanks go to Annette, who is looking after the website for us. We'd also like to thank Lauren, Pat and Dawn who helped us compile the list of eligible stories; folc4evernaday for some very valuable technical help; and Morgana and CLeuch for getting the ball rolling.

Due to time constraints, we've had to make the decision to skip the quizzes that normally run in the lead up to the awards. It was a reluctant decision; the quizzes give everyone a chance to read or re-read the stories that are eligible, but unfortunately we just do not have time this year. Hopefully, the quizzes will be reinstated next year.

This year's schedule runs as follows:

Nominations will run from midnight the 11th of March until midnight the 18th of March

Voting will run from midnight the 8th of April to midnight the 15th of April

Ceremony will be on the 29th of April at a time to be decided.
All times are US central time (GMT/UTC-15)

Thank you, everyone, for your support!

Last edited by NostalgiaKick; 03/02/17 05:10 PM. Reason: Added times

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What an exciting time for all FoLC's! party

I am going to contact a few people and let them know the Kerth are happening! Thanks again for jumping in and making this happen!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Beat Reporter
Online Sleepy
Beat Reporter
Guys you are really great!

jump

Kathryn
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thrilled! Beyond thrilled dance clap hyper dance clap hyper!

Thank you guys for all the work, I'm sure, that is going into keeping the Kerth's alive. I'm so happy that the tradition continues smile.

Really enjoyed looking at the list of all of the stories from the last year. And that reminds me, I have GOT to get reading ASAP shock...

Thanks so much everyone. Amazing job! thumbsup
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I know we're past this stage now, but for future reference, just thought I'd correct this:

Regarding the list:
Usually, it starts with the Archive database: http://www.lcfanfic.com/ficdatabase.html
Unfortunately, it's only up to date to Sept. 2015 mecry When we have the current list, there should definitely be an effort to also update the Archive database.

We've never actually used the database for this purpose. Previously, the eligible stories list has been kicked off by my sending K-Comm a basic starter list of all the stories uploaded to the Archive in that year. This list was drawn from my Archive GE spreadsheet. I'm more than willing to continue to do this from next year onwards, if it's of use. Just mail me when it's required.

The database is updated to no regular schedule, but as and when either myself and Lauren get a spare moment to do so. But, as it happens, I have an update ready to go that I'll be sending Lauren next week.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Regarding Kerth quizzes: is this an all or nothing thing? I might be willing to post a couple, tho I would probably stick to a category where I don't need to read for two months straight to get caught up on all the eligible stories (like comedy or one of the other smallish categories). We get a few us of helping out with that and we might be able to get through most of the categories...

What does everyone else think? The quizzes are one of the best parts on the season...would be a shame to completely go without them.

-Cindy

"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Labby, thanks for clearing that one up. I thought it was the same database smile

Cindy, I don't know about the rest of the gang, but to me, just some quizzes sure beats no quizzes smile1

/refrains from doing an embarrassing happy dance at the idea of quizzes/

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm certainly not opposed to a few quizzes. They are always fun and a good memory refresher. Unfortunately, RL is a bit hectic for me, so I won't be able to make any up myself, but I'm always ready to participate in ones that do get posted.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Same here. Quizzes are a great part of Kerth Season, but RL won't allow me to work on any. help

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Lack of time is the problem, not lack of willingness.

On top of the time it takes to write the quizzes (which I quite frankly cannot do), in previous years they've been run one per week in the lead up to nominations. We have about a week till nominations open.

I like the quizzes too. If someone wants to volunteer to write some quizzes and run them, maybe we can run them all at once or something?

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Kerth
Kerth
I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately. My current job has me swamped. I can't create the quizzes like I have the past two years, and we're running out of time before nominations anyway. However, I will create one SuperQuiz and will post it Sunday night. It will have a quote from every author who posted any story last year - a sample of all of the hard work that has gone into keeping this fandom alive. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, that sounds great! And totally challenging! Thanks, Groobie!!! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Groobie, that's awesome!!! Thank you!

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awesome Groobie!!! sloppy That sounds like a wonderful way to showcase all of the amazing talent that has gone into these stories clap clap clap...

Laura

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks!

Morgana

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
[Linked Image]

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you! It looks awesome!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Yay, that looks great!

Thanks Folc4evernaday!

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
As a certain photographer would say, "Smooth!"

Thanks!

Joy,
Lynn

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I LOVE that banner notworthy notworthy notworthy !

Great job!
Laura

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard