Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
If anyone hasn't already bought the DVD's or are looking to get them for a friend. Amazon has a great deal going on right now.

I had to order a replacement set because apparently mine are all scratched up from my daughter watching mainly Season 2 over and over again. splat At least I'm not paying almost $200 like I did last time. grumble

https://www.amazon.com/Lois-Clark-A...and+clark+the+new+adventures+of+superman

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Not bad! I really wish they'd put them on Blu-ray though.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Hi Vicki!
Sadly, that wouldn't help the quality. As far as I can tell, the source material doesn't have more quality in it than what was transferred to the DVDs.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Vicki!
Sadly, that wouldn't help the quality. As far as I can tell, the source material doesn't have more quality in it than what was transferred to the DVDs.

wave Michael

Ah, good to know. Thanks! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Vicki!

wave Michael

Ah, good to know. Thanks! smile

There is a way to make them HD. It just take A LOT of time, effort and some advanced video editing software to do it. I'm in the process of doing it. The sound quality in 01-01 through 01-05 can't be helped though unfortunately. frown

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Kerth
Kerth
I hope they haven't done what has apparently happened to some releases of Buffy - reformatted them for wide screen TVs by cutting off the top and bottom of the picture to make a 9:6 format then enlarging it to fill the screen.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Marcus Rowland
I hope they haven't done what has apparently happened to some releases of Buffy - reformatted them for wide screen TVs by cutting off the top and bottom of the picture to make a 9:6 format then enlarging it to fill the screen.

No, just very painstakingly long edits of enhancing the picture a bit and cropping out the black space then zooming in. So far it's come out pretty good. I've got two episodes done so far...86 more to go. Ha!

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Kerth
Kerth
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Originally Posted by Marcus Rowland

No, just very painstakingly long edits of enhancing the picture a bit and cropping out the black space then zooming in. So far it's come out pretty good. I've got two episodes done so far...86 more to go. Ha!

I didn't mean you, I meant the boxed sets - it's apparently something that's happened with re-releases of some programs that were originally formatted for old-style screens.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Oh, no, these are in the standard format. The images aren't that great in the first five episodes but it gets better from 1-06 and on. smile

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Columnist
Columnist
I don't have a DVD player in all of the rooms, and with technology today I would rather have the show on digital these days. We are starting to use Amazon Video, so I can watch the show on my Kindle, my phone, and my Fire Stick (then I can watch in the living room and bedroom). Digital is nice because you never have to worry about them getting scratched or lost.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
I don't have a DVD player in all of the rooms, and with technology today I would rather have the show on digital these days. We are starting to use Amazon Video, so I can watch the show on my Kindle, my phone, and my Fire Stick (then I can watch in the living room and bedroom). Digital is nice because you never have to worry about them getting scratched or lost.

I have both. I have to have the files in order to make my art and videos wink Can't download them from Amazon unfortunately frown

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Columnist
Columnist
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
I have both. I have to have the files in order to make my art and videos wink Can't download them from Amazon unfortunately frown

That makes perfect sense. I used to have folders full of screencaps for my art and promos.

Blogger
Blogger
I know there's the series on you tube, although you gotta pay for the episodes. Maybe it's not as good as DVD quality but think some of the videos you can click for HD version...haven't tried it though, not sure if it's available for these videos.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard