Print Thread
#273792 02/22/17 04:27 AM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder.

So, this story morphed into something a little more melancholy than I was intending, but anyway.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I can't believe no one else has commented on this yet. shock

Great work! Very uplifting and gives great insight into Lois' mindset during the Second Season when she was struggling with her newly realized feelings for Clark as she's pushed to the sidelines by Mayson.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
You're the only one that's commented on anything I posted yesterday. I've posted a lot in the past week- 6 stories or parts of stories. I'm wondering if I've just overloaded people.

I like looking into the progression of Lois's feelings. Clark falling for Lois at first sight is very romantic but I love the more complicated process with Lois.

Thanks for commenting! smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
You're the only one that's commented on anything I posted yesterday. I've posted a lot in the past week- 6 stories or parts of stories. I'm wondering if I've just overloaded people.

I like looking into the progression of Lois's feelings. Clark falling for Lois at first sight is very romantic but I love the more complicated process with Lois.

Thanks for commenting! smile

NostalgiaKick I think they got shocked when they saw two new parts to Unmasked. They didn't know what to do. All joking aside it does seem kinda quiet this week.

It was funny my detour story of Whine No More (which I literally finished writing in a week - I've never finished a story that fast) got more comments and feedback than my monsters of Epiphany and Ghost From the Past. I think it just comes in spurts. When people have time to sit down and read.

As far as the POV preference I kinda go back and forth with who I prefer exploring more. Lois / Clark. I think Lois is complicated and messy with her emotional baggage and take no prisoners attitude but I love delving into Clark's mind on the struggles of trying to be normal yet 'super' at the same time. I know there's a lot of 'love at first sight' stories with Clark but I think it was more he was taken with her and over time it developed into love. In BATP he told his parents he was 'realizing' Lois was the one he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. Keeping that mindset always makes for a good romance story IMO. smile

Hope you have a great day. Maybe next weekend everyone will be caught up and start commenting again! party

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Features Writer
Features Writer
Lovely story with insight into Lois's mind during this time. Shows her vulnerability and insecurity beautifully. clap

Don't know about others, but RL has become incredibly busy as a major new project was given to me unexpectedly this month, and my reading and commenting have been curtailed as a result. Except for stories I started following already, I'm limiting myself to completed new stories, due to issues with following multiple long stories simultaneously. Could be senior moments, but I'm not admitting to that. lol

There's a long thread which discusses the lack of comments on the boards over the past few months called, appropriately, Comments.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Hi cuidadora smile

Yeah, I just put the general lack of activity on the boards this week down to people having busy times in RL. It happens smile I've been following the 'Comments' thread on the the fanfic- related board and it sure seems like everyone is swamped lately.

I'm glad you took the time to read this little fic. Good luck with your project!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good insight into how Lois's love grew.

Yes, Clark fell in love with Lois at first sight; even if he denied it to himself, it was obvious to everyone else (even Lois). However, her taking a good long, hard look at Clark after already knowing him explains well why Lois fell so hard at second sight. What makes no sense is why she so easily let Clark slip through her fingers at the slightest push from Daniel Scardino (although, I have to say there were many, MANY mistakes on Clark's side as well). Sweet story.

Sorry that I'm behind on my commenting. I don't have as much free computer time (or energy) as I used to have. This is the first time I've logged on in several days.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Thanks, VirginiaR! And thanks for reading smile

I've always put Lois's interest in Scardino down to the aftermath of Mayson's death. Lois and Clark kiss, Mayson dies, and then all of a sudden Clark is withdrawing from Lois. We know it's because he feels guilty, but Lois (considering how insecure she can be) is probably thinking it's because he really cared about Mayson, not Lois. Then of course Scardino is on the scene, makes it clear in no uncertain terms that he finds Lois attractive... maybe it's a bit like the whole Clark/Mayson thing. She's not really getting anywhere with the person she actually wants to be with, she's not even sure he's interested... maybe Scardino is a viable alternative.

I'm tired so that may have only made sense in my brain.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh wow! I wrote a really neat comment on this and then my computer failed me!

This was a neat little story and by no means was it sad. Lois has matured a lot since the whole Luthor debacle. Now she sees her partner as a lot more than he was six months ago.

Its going to take courage and nerves of steel to wait and see what his true feelings are for her now. Patience Lois, the very best is yet to come.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard