Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Number two in the introspective pieces. More to (hopefully) come soon.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

R
RJS Offline
Blogger
Blogger
R
Bitch, bitch, bitch, that's all she does. Why even show up if her conclusions are foregone? She let nothing influence her in the slightest, countering everything she saw with her own long held, rock solid and hostile opinion.
She went to prove to herself she is right to reject him, didn't she? And he's the rat bastard? Like father, like daughter.
Her negativity toward him and superiority over him is - well, I'll cross my fingers that the true hero will go somewhere else.

(No negativity in feedback, I know. I'm leaving.)

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
It's not that I don't love my dad. He's my dad. Of course there is a part of me that will always love him. But I can't forgive him for all the hurt he's caused me.

He is her father and she is his daughter. Most women would not have the strength to survive such pain. Lois did survive ...triumphantly. She was also able to attend this little conference as an 'undercover agent', and not call attention to herself in a destructive manner, that took a strength of character most people do not possess.

It's built up a lot of resentment, over the years. A lot. For a long time, I felt like I wasn't good enough, at anything. Not at being a daughter. Not at being a girlfriend. Not even at being a reporter, which, I think is why winning the Kerths that I have has been so important to me. Because, in those moments, when my name has been called and I've stood, dazed, from my seat to make my way onto that stage, I know that I am a good reporter. But those moments are fleeting and the next day I am plain old Lois, only as good as my next story. Still, the wins have been confidence boosters. Along with Perry's guidance and praise, I've managed to shake off some of the shadow of Dad's disappointment in me.

Thank goodness for Perry!

It's too bad really, because with the family I have, I could really use a hero right about now. Instead, I need to be my own hero. I need to shove aside all of the emotions that seeing my father today brought to the surface. Because tomorrow is a new day. Who knows what surprises it might bring?

And maybe, just maybe, it will bring me a true hero who will save me from myself.

Don't worry Lois, there are heroes, just wait the best is yet to come.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by RJS
Bitch, bitch, bitch, that's all she does. Why even show up if her conclusions are foregone? She let nothing influence her in the slightest, countering everything she saw with her own long held, rock solid and hostile opinion.
She went to prove to herself she is right to reject him, didn't she? And he's the rat bastard? Like father, like daughter.
Her negativity toward him and superiority over him is - well, I'll cross my fingers that the true hero will go somewhere else.

Constructive criticism is always welcome! No need to leave. smile

This is a pre-Clark Lois. As we saw in the saw (in Requiem For A Superhero, in particular) this Lois has a strained relationship with her father. She still very much blames him for his actions (breaking up the family), but there's a part of her that is still loyal to him simply because he's her father. She does care, in her own way. (She does fear for him in Requiem when she realizes that his life may be in danger with the cyborg scandal.)

She hasn't yet - they BOTH haven't yet - made those crucial strides toward healing. Little does she know that the healing is right around the corner... (I picture this story happening the day before Clark is hired and made her partner at the Planet.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He is her father and she is his daughter. Most women would not have the strength to survive such pain. Lois did survive ...triumphantly. She was also able to attend this little conference as an 'undercover agent', and not call attention to herself in a destructive manner, that took a strength of character most people do not possess.

Right. He's her father. She cares in her own way. But that doesn't mean she can overlook all the hurt he's caused.

Thank goodness for Perry!

I've always loved Perry's relationship with Lois, Clark, and Jimmy.

Don't worry Lois, there are heroes, just wait the best is yet to come.

I picture this as happening the day before she meets Clark when he's hired/becomes her partner. Which probably doesn't come across in the way I wanted it to, because we're looking through Lois' eyes - she wouldn't know her hero is on his way.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Originally Posted by RJS

Constructive criticism is always welcome! No need to leave. smile

This is a pre-Clark Lois. As we saw in the saw (in Requiem For A Superhero, in particular) this Lois has a strained relationship with her father. She still very much blames him for his actions (breaking up the family), but there's a part of her that is still loyal to him simply because he's her father. She does care, in her own way. (She does fear for him in Requiem when she realizes that his life may be in danger with the cyborg scandal.)

She hasn't yet - they BOTH haven't yet - made those crucial strides toward healing. Little does she know that the healing is right around the corner... (I picture this story happening the day before Clark is hired and made her partner at the Planet.)

RJS, I'm with DC. Constructive criticism is always welcome. No need to leave. smile

DC Great read. Gives us a better insight on how complicated Lois' relationship with her father was before the whole cyborg incident and before CK. Makes you wonder how she would have handled that scandal if it had happened before partnering up with CK. Would she have printed it and regretted it?

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
DC Great read. Gives us a better insight on how complicated Lois' relationship with her father was before the whole cyborg incident and before CK. Makes you wonder how she would have handled that scandal if it had happened before partnering up with CK. Would she have printed it and regretted it?

Thank you! smile I like where your thoughts have gone. I think Lois *would* have published the story, unwittingly putting her dad's life in danger. If memory serves, it's only Clark who sees that angle at first, in the show. (But it *has* been a while since I've seen that one.)

Glad you enjoyed the story!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard