Epiphany
Folc4evernaday
Part 13

He’d known something was up at the office earlier from the way she’d been touching him…kissing him. Then when he’d brought dinner back she seemed nervous all through dinner. He couldn’t pinpoint what she could be nervous about. She seemed to be holding up her end of the conversation just fine.

Then after dinner when they’d moved to the couch she’d been all over him. He kept moving away from her, hoping some distance would help him maintain some control over his body as he fought against the effect Lois’ touch was having on him.

What was she doing? He hadn’t seen her act like this since…

<<“Forget about work, forget about time, forget about the rest of the world…”>>

<<“Lois, get a grip!”

“Believe me, I’d love to…”>>

<<“Minute’s up, Clark! Come to Mama!”>>

<<“I love you, Clark. I want to spend the rest of my life with you,”>>

Concerned, he checked her pupils to make sure he didn’t see any signs of her being drugged. She seemed fine. He relaxed a bit, catching her gaze. There it was. That same expression she’d had on her face in the newsroom. He swallowed hard, feeling his body responding to her closeness. God, he wanted her. He’d wanted her for a year now.

She pressed herself against him and he swallowed, feeling the soft flesh from beneath her blouse press against his chest. He caught her gaze and felt his throat go dry when he drank in the sight before him. He had a perfect view of her cleavage as she leaned against him, “Am I distracting you?” She fingered the end of his tie seductively, looking at him with an impish grin.

He groaned, feeling her hand slip up his inner thigh once more. All his resolve was gone. He leaned in to kiss her, pulling her to him. She laughed against his lips as he pulled her onto his lap, murmuring, “God, I love you,”

His hands roamed up and down her sides as he kissed her, caressing her lips with his own. She slid her thigh across his lap seductively, moving to straddle his legs as she supported herself with her knees, devouring him with her lips.

He felt a sense of déjà vu wash over him as he felt the cotton of her blouse brush against his cheek. “Clark…” She murmured, tugging at the knot of his tie as she undid it, never breaking contact with his lips as she did so.

He allowed his hands to explore her ivory skin, caressing the soft skin of her thigh, pushing the cotton of her skirt upward as he did so. “Lois…” He murmured against her lips, gently squeezing the back of her thighs as she lowered herself to his lap. He caught her gaze, cupping her cheek as he moved to brush his lips against her neck.

She leaned forward, tugging his tie through the collar of his shirt as his lips brushed against her earlobe, teasing it with his teeth. She seemed to melt against him, tightening her thighs around him. “Are …you….sure?” He whispered in her ear, resting his hands on her hips.

She nodded, “Yes,” She rasped out, reaching for the top button of his dress shirt as he captured her lips once more, sliding her closer to him.

She gasped, leaning toward him as she kissed each layer of exposed skin she discovered from unbuttoning his shirt. He groaned in pleasure as he felt her lips against his chest, her tongue teased his hard chiseled muscles. “Oh, God…” He moaned as she raked her fingernails against his chest.

She leaned back to look at him, catching his gaze as she unbuttoned her blouse. He watched in admiration as the violet lace stared back at him invitingly. She shed her cotton blouse off her shoulders effortlessly and he leaned in to kiss her. “You are so beautiful…” He murmured against her lips as he began a trail of feather light kisses against her throat, working his way down.

A thought occurred to him and he stilled for a moment, “Wait..” He pulled away, drinking in the sight of Lois straddling him in nothing but her bra and skirt. He could feel hid body growing more impatient with him as he gazed at her, but this was important. “What about….?”

She seemed to sense where his mind was going and leaned down to kiss him, “I’m on the pill,”

He relaxed against her, allowing his hands to move up her back, finding the clasp to her bra. He flicked it, watching as it fell off her shoulders. “Clark, yes…” She breathed.

His other hand roamed up her inner thigh and he groaned, lifting his head to watch her face as he touched her. She seemed to withdraw from him as his hand slipped in-between her legs. He frowned, unsure of what had just happened.

He wanted nothing more than to lose himself in her arms right here and right now but something was nagging him in the back of his mind. Her heart rate was hammering in her chest. She was scared. He moved his hand from her breast to cup her cheek, “Lois?”

“Are …you….sure?” He whispered in her ear, resting his hands on her hips. Was she sure? Yes, she wanted him. She wanted this.

She nodded, “Yes,” She reached for the top button of his dress shirt as he captured her lips once more. She gasped when she felt him slide her closer to him. He groaned against her and she leaned down to kiss him.

She smiled against his lips. He wanted her just as bad as she wanted him. She leaned down to begin working on his dress shirt, kissing each layer of exposed skin on his perfectly sculpted chest. He was gorgeous. Perfect. Her Clark. Her Superman. She raked her fingernails against his chest and he groaned, “Oh, God…”

She leaned back to look at him, catching his gaze as she unbuttoned her blouse. This was it. No going back now. They were finally going to … She shivered involuntarily as she anticipated the feeling of his hands on her. She kept his gaze as she finished unbuttoning her blouse, shedding it off her shoulders and allowing it to pool around her. He leaned in to kiss her. “You are so beautiful…” He murmured against her lips as he began a trail of feather light kisses against her throat, working his way down. He felt so good…

She felt him tense up and pull away from her and she looked at him in concern, “Wait..” He murmured breathlessly, “What about….?”

She recognized the expression on his face and realized where he was going with his train of thought. Protection. She’d gone on the pill after their trip to Smallville just in case. She wasn’t sure what to expect but knew whenever they did finally make love she wanted to be prepared. She smiled, cupping his cheek as she leaned down to kiss him, “I’m on the pill,”

He relaxed against her, and she reveled in the feeling of being in his arms once more. His hands moved up her back and she felt her bra fall off her shoulders. She looked down at him, unsure of what to expect. Had she lived up to his fantasies? His hands moved up her chest as he leaned forward, capturing her lips with his own. She gasped in pleasure. “Clark, yes…” She breathed.

His other hand roamed up her inner thigh and she stilled. This was usually the part where it stopped feeling good. She recalled how it had hurt with Claude.

‘Stop it,’ she chastised herself.

Clark was different. She trusted him. She caught his gaze, biting her lower lip and was surprised to find a frown on his face. He moved his hand from her chest to cup her cheek, “Lois?”

Great. Now she’d killed the mood. She lowered her head, silently cursing herself.

She leaned against him, trying to recapture the moment but he slid her away from him slightly, “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” She winced, hearing her own voice crack. He gave her a knowing look and she sighed. “Just a little ….nervous,” She said shakily.

He sighed, pulling away from her, “Lois, we don’t have to…” He shook his head, “I can wait…I don’t want to …I don’t want to take that step unless you’re ready,”

“I’m fine,” She reassured, “I’m just nervous…after last time…” She looked away.

“I would never hurt you,” He said softly.

“I know that.” She wrapped her hand around his. She leaned in to kiss him, sliding back onto his lap, “I’m fine,” She reassured him.

“Okay,” He said, tightening his arms around her as he leaned in to kiss her once more.

“I love you,” She murmured against his lips, linking her arms around his neck, deepening the kiss.

In the back of her mind, she heard her phone ring and groaned against him, “You’ve got to be kidding me…” He muttered.

“Let the answering machine get it…” Lois whispered breathlessly as she nibbled on his earlobe seductively.

“Mmm hmm,” He slipped his tongue inside the warm confines of her mouth, teasing her with his taste.

The sound of her mother’s voice filled the room and she pulled away from him, hanging her head in defeat, “Lois? It's your mother! Where are you? Why don’t you call me anymore? Anyway, I need you to go down to the police station and bail Lucy out. Apparently, your sister got into a fight and got herself arrested. I’m out of town right now otherwise, I would…”

“I’m going to kill her …” Lois whimpered against his chest.

Clark sighed, reaching for her blouse and hanging it over her shoulders. “Rain check?”

She gave him a heated gaze, “Maybe I should teach her a lesson….make her wait…” She fingered the waistband of his slacks as she spoke.

He shook his head and smiled, “You are not seriously going to leave your sister in jail overnight?”

“She’s not going anywhere…” She leaned against him, running her hand up his chest seductively. “It would serve her right for interrupting us…”

He shook his head, pushing her off of him, “We can’t do that to her and you know it. She’s probably scared out of her mind…” He whispered, sitting up to button his shirt back.

Nodding, she began readjusting her clothes, slipping her bra back on and buttoning her blouse. She stared down at him, his eyes filled with regret. Why hadn’t she disconnected the phone?

“Come on,” He helped her to her feet and she watched as he tied his tie. “Let’s go get Lucy,” He sighed.

“You gonna be okay?” She asked.

He nodded, “Just give me a minute,” He finished redressing, readjusting his tie as he spoke.

Lois grabbed her purse and headed out the door, “Come on, hopefully, it won’t take long to…” She caught the faraway look on his face and sighed, “What is it?” She locked the door behind them as she watched him in anticipation.

He looked at her with regret, “Escaped prisoner at the Metropolis Prison,” He sighed, hanging his head. “I gotta…” He pointed up and she nodded. Within a few seconds, he was gone, leaving her to figure out how Lucy had ended up in jail.

Nigel looked down at the gagged Toni Taylor that had been tied to a chair and smiled to himself, “I do hope you won’t take this personally. Mr. Luthor sends his regards…” He pulled out a needle and approached her.

Toni’s eyes widened when she saw the needle, fighting against her restraints. Nigel shook his head, “I’m afraid you know too much, Ms. Taylor,”

“It was a setup,” Lucy argued. “There I am, minding my own business when this mammoth of a woman starts swinging at me…I was defending myself…”

“Lucy you destroyed half of the bar…” Lois tried to argue as she walked with her sister back inside her apartment.

“I was defending myself,” Lucy repeated. “You have to believe me…I would never…”

Lois bit her lower lip, trying to calm the anger she felt right now. She knew Lucy hadn’t deliberately sabotaged her evening with Clark. It just happened. She sighed, locking the deadbolts as she spoke, “I know, Luce, but you’ve got to be more careful. Sometimes you just shoot your mouth off and get yourself in over your head…”

Lucy arched an eyebrow at her, “Isn’t this a case of the pot calling the kettle black?”

“I know,” Lois nodded, “I do it too, but I don’t get myself arrested for it,”

“I’m tired,” Lucy sighed, “Can we talk about this tomorrow?”

“Fine,” Lois nodded. She motioned toward the spare bedroom. “Get some sleep. We’ll talk tomorrow.”

“Good night,” Lucy called over her shoulder.

“Night,” Lois muttered, shaking her head as she sunk into the couch. She glanced at the clock on the wall. Eleven o’clock. It had taken four hours to get Lucy out. Then another two hours to get home because of the roadblocks that had been set up everywhere due to Toni Taylor’s escape.

She sighed, “So much for tonight,” She muttered under her breath, reaching for the remote. She caught a glimpse of Clark talking with the warden on the screen and watched in rapt attention. There was a manhunt for her all over New Troy. How had she managed to escape?

Painful. That was what tonight was. Utterly painful. Thankfully it wasn’t as evident what he’d been doing before hearing the prison alarms earlier. Thankfully no one had said anything when he arrived at the prison….. He just needed to make this quick.

“Superman!” The warden waved him over, “Glad you could make it…We set the alarms off as soon as we noticed she was missing but no one seems to know what happened…”

“She?” He asked, trying to identify who he was supposed to be looking for.

The warden nodded, “Yeah,” He pointed to the cell, “Toni Taylor.”

It was late. Too late to head back to Lois’. She was probably asleep. After helping search for Toni Taylor and finding nothing he’d given up hope of finding her and decided to head north to take care of the very painful tightness he still felt from almost making love with Lois earlier. They had been so close…

<<“Lois, you don’t know how many times I’ve thought about this….dreamt about this…. >>

<<“You know if you think about it, the only time people are really honestly expressing themselves is when they’re passionate….the polite veneer of society drops away…like when they’re fighting…”

“…or make love,” >>

He landed in the Arctic Ocean, reveling in the feeling of the ice cold water against him. All he’d been able to think about from the time he’d left Lois’ apartment was getting back to her and resuming their activities well into the night.

<< “You know this isn’t really dancing,”

“It’s not?”>>

<<“Then we’re agreed. We’ll take this slow and figure out….us?”>>

It seemed the days of them taking things slow were behind them. The idea of finally making love to Lois was enough to make him sweat. He had loved her from the moment she’d burst into Perry’s office interrupting his interview and he’d spent every day wishing and hoping for the moment she’d look at him the same way she did his alter-ego.

<<“I’m not Claude and I’m not Paul. I would never betray you like that. All I’m asking for is a chance.”>>

<<“Two days of not being able to do anything when you were under the influence of those pheromones….I guess I just kinda lost my willpower…”

“Really?”

“Two…days….”

“So, is that the limit to Superman’s willpower…..Two…days…?”

“It…depends…”

“On …what…exactly?”

“How long you’re torturing….him…for…” >>

<<“I wasn’t even trying…”

“You are…so….I love you,”>>

The memory of her body molded against him…Her legs wrapped around his waist so perfectly…This was not helping. The point of coming up here was to stop thinking about…

<< “So, you’re waiting for…”

“Just the right person,...You,”>>

<<“Stay with me tonight…”

“Lois, You don't need it...I’m not going anywhere,”>>

<<“Lois, we don’t have to…I can wait…I don’t want to …I don’t want to take that step unless you’re ready,”

“I’m fine. I’m just nervous…after last time…”

“I would never hurt you,”

“I know that....I’m fine,”

“Okay,”

“I love you,”>>

Lois turned the television off and sighed, staring at the empty living room. It was late. She knew she should just go to bed and get some sleep, but sleep was the last thing on her mind. If tonight had gone how she had planned she would be in her bedroom with Clark right now not sulking on the couch missing him.

She briefly wondered what he would do if she showed up at his door in a trench coat and lingerie. Just as quickly as the thought came to her she dismissed her. She’d never be so bold as to try to seduce him like that…A memory popped into her head and she smiled, recalling the one time she’d been bold.

<<“Lois, it’s very late…”

“Not too late I hope….for us….for happiness?”

“Oh, no! Lois, please no don’t!”

“Oh, Clark, I love you! I want to spend the rest of my life with you!”

“Lois, please go home….”

“You’re here….this is my home….”

“Lois, you don’t know how many times I’ve thought about this….dreamt about this….well something like this….but it’s not real. What you’re feeling is not real. I don’t know exactly how but there was something in the perfume that made everyone drunk on….love….Lois, I cannot take advantage of you like this….”>>

<<“Lois, I can’t take it anymore. If you really want me I’m yours….”>>

It was easy to dismiss everything as drug-induced from the pheromones, but now she knew they were anything but. It was how she felt. She loved him. She stared at the clock on the wall once more and she sighed. It was late. She should go to bed.

<<“Lois, you don’t know how many times I’ve thought about this….dreamt about this…. >>

<<“I wanted to talk to you about….us,” >>

<<“You kissed me back,”>>

<<“I want you to have dinner with me,”>>

<<“We’ll always be friends,”>>

<<“You know if you think about it, the only time people are really honestly expressing themselves is when they’re passionate….the polite veneer of society drops away…like when they’re fighting…”

“…or make love,” >>

<< “You know this isn’t really dancing,”

“It’s not?”>>

<<“This…is probably the hardest thing I’ve ever done, but I never doubted I could trust you,”>>

<< “I’m sorry. This is just really hard…I need to tell you this…I’m crazy about you, but before this goes any further I have to tell you this. I don’t want to screw this up,”

“You’re not screwing anything up,”>>

<<“Then we’re agreed. We’ll take this slow and figure out….us?”>>

<<“I’m not Claude and I’m not Paul. I would never betray you like that. All I’m asking for is a chance.”>>

<<“Two days of not being able to do anything when you were under the influence of those pheromones….I guess I just kinda lost my willpower…”

“Really?”

“Two…days….”

“So, is that the limit to Superman’s willpower…..Two…days…?”

“It…depends…”

“On …what…exactly?”

“How long you’re torturing….him…for…” >>

<<“I wasn’t even trying…”

“You are…so….I love you,”>>

<<“I mean, you’re …YOU, but I just don’t want you to be…”

“Lois, I’m not…I’m not that experienced either…”

“You’re not?”

“No, actually not…at all…” >>

<<“Lois, I’m not from here…I’m different…so I made the decision not to….cross that threshold until I could find someone I could share everything with…”>>

<< “So, you’re waiting for…”

“Just the right person,...You,”>>

<<“I have no regrets, Lois, I’m here with the woman I love enjoying a beautiful day at the lake. I don’t care about what could have been or what should have been. All I care about is right here, right now.”>>

<<“So, do you think about the future?”

“All the time....More so lately,”

“Me too….A lot lately.”>>

<<“I don’t know what I’d do if anything ever happened to you,”

“Oh, Clark, I love you,”>>

<<“Stay with me tonight…”

“Lois, You don't need it...I’m not going anywhere,”>>

<<“You stayed,”

“I told you I would,”>>

<<“Lois, we don’t have to…I can wait…I don’t want to …I don’t want to take that step unless you’re ready,”

“I’m fine. I’m just nervous…after last time…”

“I would never hurt you,”

“I know that....I’m fine,” >>

She recalled a certain item she’d packed away months ago and smiled to herself as an idea began to form in her mind…She had no intention of going to sleep anytime soon.

Inspector Henderson smiled as he read the warrant in front of him that he’d been waiting on. He looked to his team of officers he’d been assigned, barking out orders as everyone began to get suited up. There was no telling what Lex Luthor would try. He wanted to be prepared.

Clark landed on the balcony outside his apartment and stepped inside, changing into a pair of jeans and button-down shirt as he made his way toward the bedroom. He scanned the apartment, reassuring himself there were no cameras. Ever since he’d found those cameras at Lois’ apartment he’d been extra cautious. He sighed in relief, shaking his head. It had been a long night. It had been hours since he’d left the prison. He still wasn’t able to find Toni Taylor anywhere. She had to be hiding somewhere lead-lined. He would have to work with Lois on trying to find out where tomorrow.

‘Lois…’ He sighed, shaking his head. ‘Don’t go there. Not tonight,’ he reminded himself.

He started to unbutton his shirt and get ready for bed when he heard a faint knock at his door. Checking the time, he glanced at the clock, wondering who could be there at this hour. He headed toward the door and opened it, surprised to see Lois standing on the other side in a long trench coat. He smiled to himself, recalling the last time she’d shown up at his apartment like this. “Lois? It's late…” He began gesturing for her to come in. She smiled stepping inside the apartment as he closed the door.

“Not too late I hope…” She said, stepping toward him as she untied the sash to her coat, shrugging it off her shoulders. His eyes widened when he realized what she was wearing, “For us,” She wrapped a bright blue veil around his neck and pulled him to her, “For happiness…”

She looked gorgeous. The gold bodice of her dance of the seven veils outfit wrapped around her curves perfectly. The veils connected all around the outfit so that each veil revealed more and more of her gorgeous body. “Lois…” He gasped in surprise as she pressed her small frame against him, gliding her hand down his chest as she traced random patterns downward until she reached the waistband of his slacks. “You are incredible…” He let out a shaky breath as she pulled him to her with the veils. He’d had so many fantasies about that outfit. He hadn’t thought she’d kept it. All that work, swimming laps in the Artic was gone…

“I love you, Clark,” She whispered huskily, slipping her hand beneath the fabric of his dress shirt, resting her hand against his chest. “I want to spend the rest of my life with you….”

He smiled recalling the conversation they’d had months ago that she was quoting. He cupped her cheek, leaning in to kiss her. He moaned against her lips and slowly broke off the kiss and whispered, “If you really want me I’m yours…” With that he lifted her up in his arms, recapturing her lips as she wrapped her legs around his waist.

She laughed against his lips, “You’re supposed to let me do the dance of the seven veils first…”

“I still have the last one seared into my memory….” He whispered huskily.

“I want you…” She whimpered against his lips, taking his glasses off his face as she began to brush featherlight kisses against his face. He walked them back toward the bedroom, recapturing her lips with his own as he leaned back on the bed with her.

“I want you too, baby,” He moaned against her lips as he took his glasses from her and turned to place them on the night stand then turned back to see her standing on her knees on the bed with her arms ready for him. He brushed his lips against hers before moving lower…

A loud bang echoed through the halls as the officers beat on the door of Lex Luthor’s penthouse. This was it. This was what everyone had been waiting for. He’d left messages for both Lane and Kent but got no response. He glanced at the time and shook his head. They were probably asleep anyway.

Henderson smiled to himself as the door broke open. They had the element of surprise on their side. Officers raced through the penthouse, stepping into the elevator as they headed to Lex Luthor’s study.

The elevator doors opened. The rich walls that once were filled with fine art and one of a kind collections were bare. The furniture was gone. Everything was gone. “Oh, no…” Henderson groaned as he stepped out of the elevator.

The SWAT team that was with him raced through the halls of the suite, searching for any sign of Luthor, but he knew it was a lost cause. Lex Luthor had cleared the entire floor. He was gone. He had been tipped off somehow.

“The whole floor has been cleared out.”

“No!!!” Henderson punched his fist against the wall. Gone. Everything was gone.

“What do you want to do?”

TBC...

Comments Go Here

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube