Print Thread
#273725 02/18/17 11:37 PM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder.

Two complete stories and a chapter of another in less than a week. It's been months since I wrote this much.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The time off has done your writing a world of good! hyper

Remembering to Fly was straight forward and shows what happens when Clark and Lois work as a team! It actually makes sense that Lois would discover who Clark really is during the Nightfall disaster. Maybe if he had told her than they might have avoided a great deal of unhappiness.

But as you mentioned in your story, the 'what ifs' of their lives need to be patient and wait for another day.

Last edited by Morgana; 02/20/17 09:06 AM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Ooh, feedback smile

Your point that it makes sense that Lois would discover Clark's identity is what got me thinking. I watched this episode just recently (it's a favourite of mine). She works on the 'Superman came back, here's proof' story with Jimmy. You'd think- especially considering she was the experienced one- that she'd check out the proof and where it came from. But we as fans have a lot more time to delve into things like this than they did on the show smile

Thanks for reading, Morgana! smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Another great one! <3 how Lois was helping him figure out how to use his powers and help him remember who he is.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Top Banana
Top Banana
Glad you are back!

This story was a nice interpretation of what could have happened if Lois had been on the ball in the series episode. I mean I love the Kents but how did they get there if everything was messed up due to nightfall. I realize that they needed someone to teach Clark how to be Superman and the approach used was very humorous. Jonathan hitting Clark with the baseball bat and Martha pushing Clark off his balcony was hysterical but if the Nightfall thing had really been happening they could not have gotten to Metropolis from Smallville to 'fix' Clark. I guess they could have driven but even then would there be any gas stations open? Your approach makes much more logical sense but Deborah Joy Levine did not want Lois to discover C=S until much later so the implausible approach was used.

Loved the story and sequel opportunities abound.

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 02/20/17 01:41 PM.

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I loved it! It's much more logical this way... but it would have cut short the "Lois can't see what is right under her nose" plot, so...
I always wondered how the Kents could reach Metropolis, and how they could afford to come so often to Metropolis (Superman can'( fly them all the time!) I'm not complaining because I adore the characters, but your approach is very very nice.
I also love the fact that Lois was investigating this...

I almost expected this Lois to pull a Margot Kidder stupid move (as in, jumping out of the balcony) to force Clark to react and to remember his powers! Yours was a more ingenuous solution...

I'd love a sequel, or even better, more than one!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
jawdrop Well, I wasn't expecting Lois to be THAT straightforward. If she had been wrong about Clark! [Linked Image] What if he had lost some powers when he lost his memory? I'm glad she decided to stab his hand over his chest. She has some explaining to do too. ("Lois, you stabbed me!" "Tried to, Clark, and failed. Because you're Superman." "Still, Lois, you stabbed me!" "Well, you lied to me..." Etc.)

I loved this paragraph:
The scene in the streets of Metropolis a short time later reminded Lois of the footage she’d seen of VE Day celebrations. Tickertape was raining down, people were dancing and openly weeping; in the newsroom, Perry had organised cases of champagne. She’d accepted a glass so as not to stand out, but she was worried. While the Nightfall asteroid had changed course, there was still no sign of Clark. Lois was forcing herself to try to believe he was debriefing at EPRAD, but she couldn’t help dreading the worst.
To have found him, saved him, and then to have lost him again. What would have happened to Lois if Clark (or Superman) hadn't returned the second time, especially after she knew? Very moving 'what if'.

As I said before, I liked Lois doing her job and being an Investigative Reporter (in the first part) and finding out the truth. This one's going to stick with me for a while as I ponder how knowing, and still working together to save the world, will change their relationship. Also, kudos for leaving out Luthor. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Well, that took off overnight smile

folc4evernaday- Thank you!

MikeM- that gets me too, especially as they mention later in the episode that Alice White couldn't get a flight back to Metropolis! What are the odds that the Kents could have actually made it there from Kansas? I love the bit where Martha pushes Clark off the balcony, and it made for great comic relief in a fairly dark episode, but it's a bit... implausible. (And yes, I do get the irony of talking about implausibility when we're discussing a show about a man who routinely defies the laws of physics)

Millefeuilles- Yeah, the Kents sure seem to be able to leave their farm at the drop of a hat. Also, they seem to have a lot more spare cash than any farmer I've ever met.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
She has some explaining to do too. ("Lois, you stabbed me!" "Tried to, Clark, and failed. Because you're Superman." "Still, Lois, you stabbed me!" "Well, you lied to me..." Etc.)
This cracked me up. I may even write this story. Also, it reminded me of the scene from the movie Speed, after Jack shoots Harry ("I can't believe you shot me. They're giving you a medal for shooting me.")

Thanks everyone! I'm not planning on turning this into any kind of series right now, but never say never.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard