Whine No More
Folc4evernaday
Part 6
Rated: PG-13

Back at the Planet, Clark was looking everywhere for Lois. There was no sign of her or Jimmy. She had mentioned a ‘plan’ which was never good. He flipped through the notes on her desk and found some stuff on Calvin Dreggs and Elise Carr. There was a note about OmniCorp and something called Nirvana. He wasn’t sure what the connection was.

He headed over to Jimmy’s desk and found a printout of an article about OmniCorp pushing for the approval of a new drug along with a note, ‘Scardino = FDA??’

“Oh, no,” He muttered under his breath, “She didn’t…”

Lois stared at the walls in the empty office begrudgingly, glaring at Scardino. Knox had locked them inside the empty office warning them not to touch anything and stepped out. Unfortunately, there were no windows for them to call for help and their phones had been taken, so there was no way to call Clark and let him know where they were.

“What a mess,” Lois muttered, looking around.

“Maybe CK will realize something’s wrong and send for help?” Jimmy suggested.

Dan snorted, and Lois glared at him, “Problem?”

“Yeah, you!” Dan shot back. “If you hadn’t horned in on my investigation we wouldn’t be in this mess!”

“Uh, correction, if you hadn’t horned in on my relationship with Clark we wouldn’t be in this mess!” She shot back. “Jackass!”

“Paparazzi!” Scardino shot back.

“Would you two quit it?” Jimmy sighed angrily. “Geez!”

Knox stood outside the OmniCorp offices on the phone with Bill Church Jr. “I’ve got bad news.”

“I admire your bluntness…and your courage.” Bill Jr. said on the other line.

“It's about Operation Nirvana...” Knox said.

“Nirvana? Ahhhh…”

“It's a synthetic nerve block we were developing... disguised as aspirin? Makes people susceptible to suggestion?”

“Right, right, right, people take it for headaches, then buy our crap because they'll just believe what they're told. What's the problem?”

“Are you alone, sir?”

“I just got out of JAIL Knox.”

“A DEA agent and a couple of reporters are onto us...”

“Pull over.”

Clark watched, hovering above the building as he listened in on Knox’s conversation with Bill Church Jr. “These reporters…What are their names?”

“I heard them say ….'Lois'…and there was another mention of someone named Kent, but this Agent Scardino presented himself as an FDA rep. If he gets a hold of the drug…”

“Lane and Kent.” Bill Jr. sighed, “Knox, why do you do this to me?”

“I’m sorry sir,”

Clark watched as Knox stepped into another room. Something seemed to be blocking out the sound as he continued to scan the building looking for any sign of Lois and Jimmy.

“Maybe CK will realize something’s wrong and send for help?” He heard Jimmy say. He zeroed in on where the voice was coming from and spotted Lois, Scardino, and Jimmy locked in an upper office with no windows. He scanned the building to make sure there were no surprises from Krypton waiting for him as he continued to listen in.

Dan snorted, and Lois spat, “Problem?”

“Yeah, you!” Dan shot back. “If you hadn’t horned in on my investigation we wouldn’t be in this mess!”

“Uh, correction, if you hadn’t horned in on my relationship with Clark we wouldn’t be in this mess!”

Clark smirked at that comment. ‘Sounds like she really lit into him,’ He landed inside one of the offices with a window and checked for security cameras. After assuring himself, there were none he quickly changed into his suit and tie from earlier and headed down the hall where the voices were coming from.

“Jackass!” Lois growled.

“Paparazzi!” Scardino shot back.

That comment angered Clark as he stood in the hallway outside the door where they were locked in and aimed a blast of heat vision at the locking mechanism before inserting his finger in the melted metal enough to jimmy the lock.

“Would you two quit it?” Jimmy sighed angrily. “Geez!”

He opened the door, mildly amused to see Scardino tense up as the door opened. “CK!” Jimmy cheered happily when he saw Clark on the other side.

“Kent??” Scardino snapped his head around, “What are you doing here?”

“Don’t tell me,” Clark began sarcastically as Lois opened her mouth to explain, “This was all a part of your brilliant plan.”

“Ha, ha,” Lois bit back crossing her arms over her chest. “Can we get out of here?”

“Knox disappeared on the other side of the building,” Clark explained, “It should be clear…for now,”

“Great, let’s get out of here.” Jimmy said, walking toward the door, “I’ve seen enough of this place.”

“Tell me about it,” Scardino muttered, heading for the door.

Clark heard a loud clicking noise and looked behind him to see Knox raising his gun at him, “You must be Kent. Thanks for joining us. You saved me the trouble.” He cocked the trigger and started firing.

Without thinking, he knocked Knox to the ground calling out, “Lois, GET DOWN!!!” As he kicked the door behind him closed in an attempt to protect her from any gunfire.

“CK!!!” Jimmy hollered as the gun fell firing once more at the ceiling as debris fell around them.

Clark wrestled Knox to the ground, doing his best to keep his strength in check, aware he had an audience. After restraining Knox and pulling him to his feet by the collar, he turned to Scardino and Jimmy who had planted themselves to the ground to avoid the gunfire with Dan shielding Jimmy. He kicked the gun toward Scardino, “I think you can take it from here, Scardino,”

Scardino stood up, pulling a bag out of his pocket to pick up the gun, nodding as he pulled out a pair of handcuffs from his back pocket. “Charles Knox, kidnapping is a federal charge…and assaulting a federal agent is a big no-no…along with trying to push counterfeit drugs,” He slapped the cuffs on Knox. He pulled out his phone to call the police and walked away with Knox in tow.

“Clark?” Lois stepped into the hallway, wrapping her arms around him, leaning in to kiss him. Forgetting they had an audience his arms encircled around her waist, savoring the feeling of her being in his arms for a moment before pulling away momentarily as he kept his arms around her waist.

“Are you all right?” He asked, checking for any injuries.

She nodded, leaning up to kiss him once more, “Fine. See,” She held up her hands for inspection.

“Good,” He began, “Now, can I ask you two a question?” He looked between Lois and Jimmy as the sound of alarms and sirens could be heard from outside indicating the arrival of the police, “Are you CRAZY??? What were you thinking???”

“Well, it didn’t start out as bad…” Lois began. “At first I was just trying to step on Dan’s toes a bit…” Clark gave her an annoyed expression, and she continued, “then the more I dug, the more I found, and then we found a connection to Intergang….”

“Trying to go after Intergang by yourselves?” Clark sighed in disbelief, shaking his head. “You should have called me,”

“Well…” Lois began, shrugging her shoulders.

“Actually, CK, the Intergang part was just dumb luck…” Jimmy interjected.

Clark gave Jimmy his best, ‘Yeah right’ look as Scardino approached them interjecting, “I think we all did a couple of dumb things tonight, Kent. Come to think of it, why didn’t you call the police?”

“Well, I…” He glanced at Lois who raised an eyebrow at him with a smug expression.

“I mean, having your partner’s back is one thing, but when you’re not trained for situations like this that’s just reckless,” Dan admonished, pulling out his bullet-proof vest to illustrate his point.

Clark glanced at Lois who thankfully didn’t leave him hanging for long. “Well, I’m sure Clark didn’t think he needed to call the police because he had Superman keeping an eye out for us. With the lawsuit looming he’s just been keeping his distance, but I’m sure he would have intervened if he needed to,”

“That true, Kent?” Scardino asked.

Clark glanced at Lois for a moment before nodding, “Uh, yeah,”

Scardino looked between him and Lois for a moment before nodding, “Well, however, you did it…Thanks for the help, but next time leave the heroics to the professionals.” He patted himself on the chest before glaring at Lois, “and keep your partner out of official investigations,”

Lois glared at him, “Is it my fault MY Investigation lead me here?”

“You only got here because you started investigating me!” Dan shot back.

“Enough! Both of you!” Clark said looking between the both of them.

“Can we please get out of here?” Jimmy pleaded.

“We still have a story to write…” Lois argued.

“Lo-is…” Clark warned, and she looked back at him with an arched eyebrow.

“What? We all almost got killed because of this!” Lois began rambling sensing where Clark was headed with this, “We’re going to miss out on a big story because…”

“Now hold on, aren’t you forgetting something here, Lois?” Dan interrupted.

“Oh, now, it’s ‘Lois?’” She shot back, turning to face him, “I thought I was just the ‘paparazzi,’”

“CK, make them stop,” Jimmy pleaded.

“Just calling it how I see it,” Dan said, throwing his arms in the air, “You are the one that busted in on my investigation and got us kidnapped…”

“Oh, please!” Lois sneered, “If I hadn’t, you never would have known Knox was working with Church! You should be thanking us!”

“Thank you??” Dan scoffed. “For what? Almost getting me killed? Gee, thanks for that!” He continued sarcastically.

Clark let out a sharp whistle, and they both turned, “Enough!” Lois opened her mouth to argue, and Clark stopped her, “I don’t want to hear it.” Dan snickered, and Clark glared at him, shutting down any thoughts Dan had about saying anything. “Now, I think we’re all a little tense. Let’s just take a step back and calm down.”

They both nodded, and Lois leaned back against the corridor wall with her arms crossed over her chest. Clark looked at her expectantly, “What?” She let out a long breath as she scoffed, “You cannot be serious? This is huge! After months of investigating Intergang and everything that happened to Mayson….” She stopped when he looked down at his feet, “I’m sorry,” She said softly. “I wasn’t thinking,”

“It’s okay,” He reassured her, squeezing her shoulder.

“You can’t print the details of this investigation,” Dan said, “I could lose my job…”

Lois opened her mouth to respond, and Clark stopped her, “We don’t want to jeopardize your job, Scardino,” Lois glared at him, “but this is news. We can leave out the part of HOW certain people found Knox…”

Dan looked between Lois and Clark for a moment, “I guess as long as you don’t go into the details of my federal investigation I can’t stop you from printing …”

“Great!” Lois said, reaching for Clark’s hand, “Come on, let’s get this written up. If we’re lucky, we can catch Perry before he puts the evening edition to bed.”

Dan smiled, “Just can’t stand not to boss someone around, huh?”

Clark grinned, “I like it when she bosses me around,” He noticed Lois’ cheeks turn a crimson red and added, “Keeps me on my toes,” With that, they left Dan to contemplate that statement.

Perry just finished putting the evening edition to bed when he spotted Lois, Clark, and Jimmy exiting the elevator. “This Knox guy was just another underling, but we haven’t found anything yet to tie Church or his son to Intergang…” Lois was explaining as they approached Clark’s desk.

“Lois, Clark? What are you doing here? It’s almost eight! Don’t Y'all have homes?” Perry asked, approaching them with a ‘What mess did you get in now’ look on his face.

Clark took a seat at his desk, pulling out the infamous Intergang file he and Lois had been collecting since November, “You wouldn’t believe me if I told you, Chief,” He looked at Lois and Jimmy with a pointed look.

Lois smiled proudly, perching herself on the edge of Clark’s desk, “OmniCorp’s president, Charles Knox was arrested tonight for attempting to pay off an FDA rep and push a mind-altering drug on the market…”

“…and don’t forget kidnapping, assault of a federal agent….” Clark began ticking off the points on his hand, looking at Lois and Jimmy with a disapproving look.

Jimmy looked at Clark sheepishly, “Well, look at the bright side, CK, at least this time no one ended up in the hospital,”

Perry laughed, patting Jimmy on the shoulder, “Well, sounds like you’ve had an eventful evening…”

Clark took a seat at his desk, pulling out the file he and Lois had on Intergang to begin trying to cross-reference the information they’d learned tonight to see if there were any connections. “You wouldn’t believe me if I told you, Chief,” He looked at Lois and Jimmy with a pointed look.

Lois smiled proudly, perching herself on the edge of his desk. His eyes widened when he saw the edge of her lace thigh highs when her skirt rode up. She was sitting at an angle so that only he was treated to such a view. Perry and Jimmy seemed oblivious. Did she know what she was doing?

Her legs uncrossed and re-crossed and he saw a glimpse of her panties. He swallowed hard, trying to force himself to look anywhere else but at the tantalizing lace that was currently teasing him just below the edge of her burgundy skirt as it continued to play peek-a-boo.

“OmniCorp’s president, Charles Knox was arrested tonight for attempting to fail an FDA rep and push a mind-altering drug on the market…” Lois was explaining.

He forced himself to look up from her legs and added,“…and don’t forget kidnapping, assault of a federal agent….” He ticked off the points on his hand, looking at Lois and Jimmy with a disapproving look.

Jimmy looked at him sheepishly, “Well, look at the bright side, CK, at least this time no one ended up in the hospital,”

Perry laughed, patting Jimmy on the shoulder, “Well, sounds like you’ve had an eventful evening…”

“You could say that,” Lois laughed, her foot brushed against the back of his knee and he bit his lower-lip, looking up at her. She was looking back at Perry and Jimmy as she spoke.

“Did I hear you say, ‘assault of a federal agent?’” Perry inquired.

Clark nodded, “When Agent Scardino was made on his undercover operation…” He gave Lois and Jimmy a look, “Knox tried to take things into his own hands,”

Perry shook his head, “Well, I just put the paper to bed so have the printable version ready for the early edition. We’ll run it with our Editorial about frivolous lawsuits and your piece on Superman’s trial. Morrison said the Mayor’s in such a rush to get this mess settled he’s pushing to have the trial moved up to Thursday.”

“What??” Lois and Clark asked aghast. This was news to both of them.

Perry shrugged, “Apparently there’s been a huge influx of people trying to cry ‘wolf, ’ and it’s keeping Superman from doing his job as well as keeping the courts booked with frivolous lawsuits and Mayor Berboski has had it. I can’t say I blame him.”

“I guess not,” Clark said solemnly. He knew all too well how annoying this lawsuit had become. He watched as Perry headed to his office to grab his things for the night.

Jimmy was over at his desk grabbing his things, “I’m gonna call it a night. See you guys tomorrow.”

“Night Jimmy,” Lois said, watching as he ascended the staircase to the elevator.

Perry left his office with his coat and briefcase, “Y’all don’t stay here too late working. Try and get some rest, ya here?”

“We will,” Lois nodded. “We’re just going to type up what we’ve got, and then we’ll polish it up in the morning,”

Perry nodded, stepping onto the elevator with Jimmy. He glanced around the empty newsroom, “Where do you want to start?” Lois asked. Her heels fell to the floor, and she slid her foot against his inner thigh as she positioned herself, so she was on the edge of his desk.

He could see the hint of the lace from her stockings from below her skirt at the angle she was sitting. He took a deep breath, forcing himself to look up, “I guess we should figure out how to explain you and Jimmy finding Knox.” He began shaking his head, “I still don’t understand why you didn’t tell me you were investigating Scardino…or why you pulled Jimmy into it and not me,”

She shrugged her shoulders, “I got mad earlier, and you know how I get when I get mad…I start investigating.” His breath caught in his throat as she leaned forward, so he was awarded the exquisite view of her cleavage beneath her blazer.

“All….too well,” He managed to say as she playfully kicked his knee.

‘Stop. Dear God, please stop. You’re in the office…’

Did she realize what she was doing to him? He turned his eyes back up and swallowed hard as he saw her toying with the top button to her blazer as she spoke. “I wasn’t expecting to end up in the middle of an investigation with Intergang,” He cocked an eyebrow at her, rolling his chair under his desk to help hide the effect she was having on him.

“And Jimmy?” Clark asked with an expectant look.

“What?” She shrugged shyly, “The boy’s gotta learn sometime. Who better to learn from than the best?”He cocked an eyebrow at her, and she relented, “and that was just dumb luck. I was following a lead, and he was tailing Dan.”

“Ah,” He nodded. Now that makes sense. “What lead were you following?”

She got up from his desk and padded her way over to her desk to grab the file she was pouring over earlier. He breathed a sigh of relief when she got up. ‘Minsk, Baku, Vienna, Brussels, Berlin…’ The heat wave that had washed through his body slowly began to subside, and he sighted in relief.

She returned to his desk with the file, leaning her back against his desk, “Here.” He took the file from her and began reading as she spoke, “Turns out OmniCorp had money problems a few years ago and was forced to make their stock public which in turn made them susceptible to a hostile takeover by…”

“Church,” He nodded, reading the list of buyers. “Well, there’s the connection,”

“Told ya,” Lois said, crossing her arms over her chest.

He hung his head, “Lois, you took a huge risk tonight. You could have gotten both you and Jimmy killed tonight,” He argued, noting how she looked down at her lap, picking at a piece of lint on her skirt. “Lois…”

“I know,” She sighed, looking up at him with a frown, “I jump in without looking. Don’t test the water level first. I thought we went over this before?” She grinned back at him. The button she’d been toying with came undone. He could see the soft curves of her breasts hidden behind the v-neck of her sleeveless blouse as the blazer hung open.

He looked away, trying to force his mind to focus on anything but the effect she was having on him. ‘There’s no one else here.’ It didn’t take a lot of imagination to think about what he could do. The teasing she’d been putting him through all day.

“Clark?” She asked, waving her hand in front of his face to get his attention, “You okay?”

“F-fine,” He stammered, looking back at her. She twisted her mouth looking at him curiously as she leaned back against his desk. Her skirt inched higher.

‘There’s no one around. All you’d have to do is lean her back on your desk and….’

“You don’t look fine,” She said, fingering the knot to his tie. “What’s wrong?”

‘Stop it.’

“Nuh-Nothing,” He shook his head, looking away as he fought to focus on anything else at the moment.

“How’d it go with Constance?” She asked, toying with the end of his tie. She was still looking at him curiously as she spoke.

He shifted in his chair again, “Uh, good. She agreed to take the case.”

“That’s great!” Lois cheered, leaning in to hug him. He pulled away, shifting in his seat as he sat up in his chair. “What’s wrong?”

“Uh, we should really get this story written,” He said hurriedly, pulling up the word processor on his computer. He could feel her gaze on him.

She watched him curiously for a moment before nodding, “I guess you’re right,” She hopped on his desk once more, “We should get the story written,”

He began typing at super-speed, relaying what had happened upon his arrival and what Knox had admitted to when he’d had Lois and Jimmy held hostage. He felt her foot brush against his knee again, and he stopped. He looked up at her curiously, “Yes?” Before he could argue, she pulled him to her by his tie, rolling his chair, so he was positioned between her legs.

“Lois…” He breathed huskily, feeling the effect her nearness and the current position they were in was having on him. “What are you doing?”

She slid into his chair, straddling him as she whispered in his ear, “If you have to ask…then I’m not doing a very good job,” She linked her arms around his neck, nibbling at his earlobe as her bottom came to rest on his knees.

He let out a ragged breath, arguing half-heartedly, “Here? You can’t be…” Her hand slipped between their bodies, and he groaned in approval.

“Why not? No one’s around….You’re definitely in the….mood,” She teased, unbuckling his belt.

“Lois…” His hands slid up the back of her thighs, pushing her skirt up as she leaned in to kiss him.

“Do you want me to stop?”

His breath caught in his throat. Did he want her to stop? No. But the idea of doing this here…in the open where anyone could walk in…She looked at him expectantly, and he breathed a barely audible, “No,”

“Then quit arguing take it like a man of steel,” She whispered before leaning in to kiss him once more.

“Teasing all day,” He breathed, “What did you…Oh, God…I love you,”

“Teasing, Moi?” She asked innocently.

He groaned, inching his hands higher until he found the bare flesh just above her silk stockings. “I really like thes…Oh!”

“Like putty in my hands,” She whispered with a grin.

Putty? Her grip tightened on him, and he gasped, “Cl-a-rk,” She teased in his ear.

“Hmm?” He could feel the pressure building.

“Remember that conversation we had yesterday?” He groaned in disapproval. Why was she torturing him like this? The memory of last night and how perfectly their bodies fit together teased him as he did his best to focus on the words that were coming out of her mouth. “You know the one where you were still hiding something…”

‘Oh, God, not now…’

“Lois, you’re killing me here…” He argued half-heartedly.

“Oh, I have every intention of ending your torture,” He moaned his approval, and she silenced him with a kiss before pulling away, “after you start talking,”

Talking? What was she talking about?

“Wha-?” He felt her tighten her grasp on him and he let out a guttural moan which she was quick to silence with her mouth, slipping her tongue inside his mouth. He felt her shift her weight against him and pull away. He was just about to voice his protest at the loss of contact when she turned back in his arms, moving closer to him.

“Now, about that conversation from yesterday…”

“Not…now,” He argued half-heartedly. Who was he kidding? He was in no position to argue or negotiate.

“If you want to finish what we started I suggest you start talking,”

“Right now is…..not the time ….for this conversation,” He said in-between shuddered breaths.

He pressed his lips against her collarbone, feeling her shudder against him, “Now, I know it had something to do with…” He brushed his lips against her chest, “Oh, that is so not…” He could feel her defenses begin to waver.

Clothes quickly became discarded as they quickly lost themselves in one another’s arms. Unable to achieve the closeness they both were seeking Clark had moved them to his desk as they continued their embrace.

“You are so sexy, Lois Lane…” He leaned in to capture her lips, brushing feather light kisses against her lips.

She smiled up at him as he leaned over her, caressing her cheek. “Not so bad yourself, farmboy…”

“Farmboy?” he asked in-between heated kisses.

“Oh!” She cried out, digging her fingers into his back, “Super Farmboy?” She offered, and his body rumbled in laughter against her.

He pulled her to him. They quickly lost themselves in one another’s arms until the world around them disappeared into oblivion. “Oh, God, baby…” He held her close against him as he collapsed on top of her, cradling her securely in his arms.

Lois laid curled up against him, staring up at the ceiling. She laughed, “Did we really just do that?”

“Yeah,” He grinned, chuckling lightly as he gave her a peck on her forehead.

“That was hot,” She giggled leaning in to kiss him. He moaned his agreement against her lips, and she grew thoughtful for a moment, “Did you just call me ‘baby?’”

“I figured if we’re throwing out ‘pet names,’” He wiggled his eyebrows at her and she laughed. “You started that with that whole, ‘Farmboy’ business,” She laughed even harder against his chest and he murmured, “If this is the end result of you trying to seduce information out of me I’ll have to hold out on information more often,”

“Don’t you dare!” She warned, smacking him on the chest lightly. “Not that it did any good. I still didn’t get what I was after,”

“Oh, I wouldn’t say that,” He teased, wrapping his arms around her as he nuzzled her ear.

“You know what I mean,” She argued half-heartedly.

She gave him a look, and he sighed, sitting up as he began adjusting his clothes, pulling his pants back up and straightening his dress shirt as he spoke, “Fine, it just wasn’t something I was willing to talk about when we were that… involved….Definitely, kills the mood.”

She nodded, fastening her bra. He frowned his disapproval, and she sat up, buttoning her blouse. “O-kay, I guess I can understand that,” She glanced back at the desk she was still sitting on, noting where the file they’d been reading earlier had been shoved to the ground in their frenzy.

He followed her gaze and picked up the file, and the scattered papers that had fallen to the ground earlier, replacing it on his desk. She gave him an expectant look, and he nodded, “You sure you want to hear this?” She crossed her arms over her chest defiantly, narrowing her eyes at him and he relented, “All right, remember when I was telling you about being trapped in that Kryptonite cage by Luthor?”

Her face fell, and she looked down, nodding. He moved his hand to tilt her face toward him, “What I didn’t tell you was what I had to listen to while I was in there,” He sighed, running a hand through his hair, “Are you sure you want to hear this?”

“Just tell me,” She said, grabbing his hand.

“He was gloating about finally defeating Superman.” He stopped himself for a moment, and she nodded for him to continue, taking his hand in hers. “I had to listen to how he planned on killing me once I was…vulnerable enough.”

“Oh, Clark,” She breathed, leaning her head against his chest.

“I had to hear how he was going to continue to destroy Metropolis….he finally admitted to every despicable crime he’d committed… Prometheus, the tests around Metropolis with the jumpers and the Carlin building, Smart Kids, heat wave, Carpenter, the Superman clone and the Toasters... It was all HIM.”

“But he’s in jail now. He can’t hurt anyone any more,” Lois said softly.

“That wasn’t even the worst of it, Lois. It was like some sick game to him. All these people’s lives he’d destroyed…he didn’t care….and worst of all…” He took a deep breath, cupping her cheek as he spoke, “He gloated about his ultimate prize, you…. and how he was going to ….break you.” She stiffened against him, hearing the words echo in her mind. He let out a long breath, “Now do you see why I didn’t want to tell you?”

She nodded, “You can’t protect me from everything, Clark,” She leaned up to kiss him.

He nodded, “I can try,” He fingered her hand still grasping his gingerly, “I’m sorry. I never wanted to tell you…”

“It’s fine,” She said softly, squeezing his hand gently, “I made you tell me, and I’m glad you did.”

“You are?” He asked.

She nodded, “Yes, it means no more secrets.”

“I like that,” He smiled at her, cupping her cheek as he leaned in to kiss her.

“Me too,” She grinned back at him, toying with his tie.

“Just do me a favor, okay?” He asked.

“What?” She asked.

“Don’t ever sit on my desk like that again,” He breathed huskily.

“Or what?” She asked, her eyes glinting with mischief as she spoke, curious as to why he didn’t want her sitting on his desk. “What would you do if I did?”

“Take you in the nearest room with a locked door and help you redefine the word ‘frustration,’” He murmured, leaning into kiss her. She grinned, tugging on his tie to deepen the kiss, leaning up to kiss him once more and he pulled away, looking up at the elevator, “We need to get dressed before the cleaning crew makes their way down here.” He helped her to her feet just as the elevator dinged announcing the arrival of the cleaning crew.

She quickly pulled her skirt down as she tugged her blazer closed. He leaned over his computer, quickly saving his file from earlier.

She smiled, grabbing her things. He looked at her curiously, and she tugged him by the tie toward the elevator, “Come on, we have some … experimenting to do.”

Before he could argue, she had already drug them onto the elevator, pressing the button to the lobby. “Experiment?” He asked, perplexed.

“Just curious what happens when we’re this close and you know I’m not wearing anything under …” Before she could finish her statement, the elevator emergency stop had been pulled, and they continued to ‘experiment’ her theory well into the night.

The next morning, Clark awoke with a very familiar weight wrapped around him. He smiled down at the sleeping figure of Lois Lane curled up against him. He glanced at the clock on his nightstand and groaned when he saw ‘6:15’ blinking back at him. He needed to get up. He was supposed to meet Constance this morning to go over his legal strategy this morning, but being with Lois like this felt so good... and the idea of moving wasn’t very appealing at the moment.

Last night he’d planned on cooking dinner for her. They’d gone to her place at first but when he saw her bare cabinets he’d convinced her to grab an overnight bag since she kept insisting on further ‘experimenting’ with her theory last night. After a quick patrol around the city to make sure the criminal element was indeed asleep for the night he’d thrown together stir-fry with some fried rice. They’d enjoyed dinner with a movie, opting to watch Lethal Weapon with dinner. Soon after dinner, the movie was forgotten, and they’d found themselves in the bedroom where Lois had resumed testing her theories on him well into the night. She’d said her back was sore from the other night, so he’d tried to keep from showing off too much, making sure she had enough support for her back when they’d made love.

He smiled at her, watching as she curled up next to him in her sleep. Recalling their lovemaking the night before he held her close, “I love you, Lois Lane,” All day long yesterday she’d been torturing him mercilessly until she’d had him literally melting in her hands. He was a goner; hopelessly addicted to Lois Lane. He couldn’t seem to get enough of her. He wondered briefly if it was normal to become so consumed like this, but upon further reflection, he decided he really didn’t care. All he wanted to do for the rest of his life was please her and continue to make her happy.

She’d been right. After last night they no longer had any more secrets between them. It had been hard, telling her about his experience in the cage with Luthor. Although he knew she was putting on a brave face at the time, she’d encouraged him to tell her everything. It had unnerved her to realize how twisted Luthor really was but afterward, she’d been supportive. He’d expected her to try and pull away like she normally did when something bothered her but instead she’d enjoyed teasing him all night.

The loud beeping of his alarm clock brought him back to the present, and he groaned his disapproval, reaching over to turn the alarm off. Lois sleepily turned in his arms, “What time is it?”

“Time to get up. I’m afraid,” He apologized, brushing the stray strands of hair that had fallen in her face behind her ear.

She groaned against his chest, “I don’t want to move. Too comfortable,”

“I know,” He agreed, “Me neither, but Superman has to be over at Constance Hunter’s office at nine this morning and …” He stopped, stiffening as his super-hearing and its impeccable timing picked up a radio call from a nearby ambulance.

“What is it?” Lois asked, “What are you hearing?”

“Ambulance broke down. There’s a heart attack patient. They don’t know if they can get him to the hospital in time.” He sat up, giving her an apologetic look.

She nodded, “Go,”

He leaned in to kiss her before whispering a quick, “Love you,” and changing into his suit to fly the broken down ambulance to the hospital in time.

After Clark’s departure, Lois glanced at the clock and grimaced. She needed to get ready. She grabbed her things to begin getting ready. Just as she was putting the finishing touches on her makeup, the sonic-boom announced his arrival and he reappeared in the apartment with breakfast in tow. “That was quick,” She remarked walking into the dining area of the kitchen where he was pulling out bagels from ‘Martin’s Deli.’ She noticed he had one box set aside on the corner of the table.

“Took a little longer than I expected, but everyone’s fine. I stopped and got some breakfast,” He said, leaning in to kiss her before pulling away, glancing down at himself still in the suit he nodded, “I’ll just be a …” He disappeared before her eyes and before she could blink he reappeared fully dressed, showered, and groomed for the day in his business suit and tie, “…sec,”

She took a seat, grabbing a knife to begin spreading cream cheese on her bagel. “Your life is so strange,” She remarked with a smile. He laughed, leaning in to kiss her. She was about to pull him down for a longer kiss when the jingling of keys at his front door caught both their attention. “You expecting someone?”

He shook his head and opened his mouth to respond but before he could the door opened, and Martha and Jonathan stepped into the apartment carrying their luggage. “Clark! Don’t be mad! I know you said you could handle this Calvin character, but we saw the Jerry Show and…” She stopped when she saw Lois and began backtracking, “I mean, I know you said ‘Superman’ can handle this Calvin character,” She amended.

Lois fought the urge to laugh. Obviously, Clark hadn’t updated his parents on the latest bit of news about his revelation yet. “Lois, good to see you,” Jonathan said, trying to change the subject.

It was really amusing to watch them squirm a little. “Hi, Jonathan, Martha, what are you doing here in the middle of the week? Is everything okay?”

She heard Clark suppress a snicker. He had to realize she was toying with the elderly couple just a little bit. Martha nodded, “Well, we saw the coverage on ….”

“The Jerry Show?” Clark supplied.

“Yes!” Martha said, “and we thought maybe…” She looked at her husband for help, and he seemed clueless as to how to cover.

“Maybe?” Clark looked at them confused, grinning ear-to-ear. Martha shot him a dirty look as she struggled to cover.

“You could use some moral support?” Jonathan supplied.

“Moral support?” He looked at Lois confused, “For what?”

His mother glared at him, and she couldn’t hold in the laughter any longer, “Okay, enough! You shouldn’t tease your parents like that, Clark,” Lois scolded.

“I was just trying to see how far they were gonna take this,” He grinned back.

They looked over at Lois in shock for a moment before doing a double take, looking between Lois and Clark once more before Martha asked, “You know?”

Lois nodded, and Martha grabbed a hand towel off the counter and threw it at Clark, “That is not funny!”

“You guys are terrible liars,” He laughed.

Martha leaned over to hug her, “Thank God he finally told you!” She leaned over to whisper, “It’s about time,”

Lois laughed, “Thanks, Martha,”

Clark looked around the room and smirked, “Boy, I must be in trouble if the Calvary’s here,” They all laughed, and Martha and Jonathan pulled up a few chairs as they finished their breakfast and updated the older Kents on the happenings with the case against Calvin Dreggs.

TBC...

Comments Go Here

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube