Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#273656 02/15/17 07:43 AM
P
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
P
Hi fellow FoLnCs smile I'm new (only signed up yesterday) though I've been lurking for a few months. So I already know what a fantastic, welcoming bunch you guys are and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all smile1

I'm looking for a story on lcfanfic. I've tried to find it through find a story and failed. Superman had saved several people at a fire or something and I think it was mostly over when Lois got there. She talked to some professional she already knew, a firefighter or something and they were looking over at him and I think he said something wondering how Superman did it and how it must affect him since even they had to have therapy after situations like that and he probably had nothing like that in response to Lois being her usual adoring self about how great he is. I think it got Lois thinking about how he's not invincible and perfect and how he must feel bad sometimes. Maybe she talked to him about it because he admitted it was hard and talked to someone. I was really taken with this concept and I've been looking for it since. Does anyone know what it is?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Petra_Kent
Hi fellow FoLnCs smile I'm new (only signed up yesterday) though I've been lurking for a few months. So I already know what a fantastic, welcoming bunch you guys are and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all smile1

I'm looking for a story on lcfanfic. I've tried to find it through find a story and failed. Superman had saved several people at a fire or something and I think it was mostly over when Lois got there. She talked to some professional she already knew, a firefighter or something and they were looking over at him and I think he said something wondering how Superman did it and how it must affect him since even they had to have therapy after situations like that and he probably had nothing like that in response to Lois being her usual adoring self about how great he is. I think it got Lois thinking about how he's not invincible and perfect and how he must feel bad sometimes. Maybe she talked to him about it because he admitted it was hard and talked to someone. I was really taken with this concept and I've been looking for it since. Does anyone know what it is?

Hey, Petra_Kent! Welcome to the boards. Don't you just hate it when that happens? You know you've read the story but can't find it or can't remember it... Drives me nuts.

I don't know if this is the story you're looking for, but it sounds KINDA like a scene from Kathy Brown's When Friends Become Lovers. It wasn't a fire but a hostage situation...but it's been years since I've read this one so I could be wrong.

Do you remember anything else about the story? (i.e., year you read it, long, short, any particular timeline or villain?) That'll help narrow it down because there are a lot of stories with fires on the archive.

wave Best of luck.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
P
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
P
Hi folc4evernaday! Nice to meet you grin

Oh yes it's so annoying. I do it all the time and I usually find it in the end, the search on the archive is really good. I checked out When Friends Become Lovers. Great story though not the one I'm looking for huh

I can't really remember anything else. I don't think it was a recent story, and it was probably a long one. The disaster might not have been a fire but it was something where there were firefighters or police or something there after. It might have been the aftermath of a hostage situation for all I know. Wherever Lois's friend was from, they were male and they were both looking at him helping after it was mostly over, I think, when this conversation happened. She was thinking about it and must have said something to him later on because I'm pretty sure I remember him at least admitting how hard it could be. I don't think it was one where he talked to Dr. Friskin though I just don't know.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Welcome to the boards!

Is it Night Errant by Merideth Knight? Sorry, I can't link since I'm not on my pc.

In this story Lois chastised a fire investigator, Ernest Pickering, for having Superman work three shifts in a row, and threatened to report him to the nonexistent "Superheroes Union."

I'm thinking that scene wasn't part of the summary in the story you're thinking of, and may be hard to find with search. Maybe it will come to one of us.

Last edited by cuidadora; 02/15/17 09:32 PM.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Welcome to the boards!

Trying to come up with a story that matches your description, yet so far I'm drawing a blank.

ANY further clues would be great!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Welcome to the boards! I don't have the slightest clue what the story could be, but I did want to welcome you. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Sorry, I have zero idea what the story is (though it does sound intriguing). I just wanted to say Welcome!

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
P
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
P
Hi! And thanks smile

No. Again, wonderful story but not the one. I think you're right that the summary doesn't mention this and it was a relatively small part of the story. So it could be anything. I'm starting to think I imagined it!

P
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
P
Thanks wave

P
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
P
Thank you grin

P
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
P
Hey thanks smile

I don't remember ANYTHING else. It's maddening, I've been looking for it for months whinging

At least I can eliminate stories by everyone who replied to this, that's something.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hello and welcome!

I'm hesitant to make this suggestion, since it is one of my own stories, but could it have been After the Fall ? In a deviation from canon, Clark killed Nor and consequently sank into a depression; Lois tries to help him come to terms with his feelings. At one point in the story, someone (not Lois) does suggest that Superman join an online support group.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Petra_Kent,

Just got this from an unregistered fan. Maybe give this one a try?

Hey, I'm a L&C fan who has never signed onto the message boards. Just noticed the request for a certain story. Since I have no way to contact PK, I hoped you would pass it on.

The story she is looking for is Just One Bad Day Away by Michael Haney. The scene she describes with Lois and Ben Thomas, the MFD fireman, is a good ways into the story, since there is a long back story about Clark prior to his arrival in Metropolis. So she will be reading several pages before she gets to that part.

--A Silent Fan in Lurkdom

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
P
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
P
This IS it! Thank you so much to the person who found it and you for posting it party

P
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
P
Hey Lynn thanks for the welcome grin

Feel free to advertise your stories, they ARE great after all. However, someone did find it and I know what it is now smile1

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Hello Silent fan, please, PLEASE join us, we don't bite!

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Petra_Kent,

blush Thank you! And I'm glad that someone was able to solve the mystery for you.

I echo Christina's encouragement to Silent Fan. As you've no doubt seen, this is a warm and welcoming site. We always appreciate new members joining us.

Joy,
Lynn

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Petra_Kent!

Welcome to the boards!

And Silent Fan! It's true! We don't bite. Well, except for Lois on the dark side of the boards wink

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Petra_Kent wave

Hi Silent Fan wave

I'm looonnnnggg overdue to do some FDK-ing, but wanted to get in a quick 'hello' while I checked in here. smile. This is an awesome place--definitely a home away from home when I'm online.

Looking foward to chatting on the boards grin,
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 02/21/17 07:00 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Adding my hopeful welcome to Silent Fan! Come out and play - everyone here is awesome!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard