Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#273664 02/15/17 04:53 PM
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
In this... unsettled world, where I can find myself terrified on a regular basis that the world is spinning down into a dark hole, there is also plenty to laugh about (It's a question of choosing to laugh rather than cry).

One place that I find humor is in imagining how Lois would react to having one of her stories called "fake news" or to hearing about "alternative facts". Or imagining how Clark would react to being told he was living in a post truth world. (Can Superman stand for truth, justice, etc. if there is no such thing as truth?)

Unfortunately, I've been quite sick lately so haven't had a chance to pursue a story about how Lois and Clark might react to the current attack on the press, facts and truth. So I put this idea out there to see if anyone might be inspired to write a story.

Last edited by MLT; 02/15/17 04:57 PM.

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
MLT #273753 02/20/17 04:18 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great idea, MLT. I can see Lois fighting back and Clark having to reign her in to make sure things don't get worse for reporters. Perry White would blow his stack and be fighting for justice right along with them.

May you and your muse feel better soon. My muse has been blue recently, too. We have never needed heroes more. A world without hope is a sad world, indeed.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
MLT #274278 03/19/17 09:44 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So sorry to hear that, ML! Hope you'll get better soon sad

The Fake News bit actually dovetails really well into Lex's takeover of the Daily Planet and the whole Metropolis Star and yellow press bits of the show and fanfics smile Oh, and Lois would probably get arrested for Murder One if they called her stories fake.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard