Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#273599 02/08/17 12:36 AM
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Story is Here

Many thanks to Darth Michael for posting this first line on the Challenge Request . smile

This is just something short and sweet while I try to get myself to do more writing and less procrastinating. wink. I hope it pleases.

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL! Cute story and poor Clark! First time travel, then all of those rapid fire revelations! Although, we all know he's already in love with Lois, so maybe all of those pieces of information will be a relief for him. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Top Banana
Top Banana
Cute story! I was snickering as Lois progressed through the history then LOL'd at the "I think I can work with this" line.

Nicely done.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mary!

"Lois, you're naked!" Superman exclaimed.
Wheeeeeee! hyper

To his increasing confusion, Lois merely rolled her eyes and folded her arms. "Oh, am I?" she deadpanned. "I hadn't noticed."
Oh boy, she’s cool. What’s she up to? Lost a bet? Trying to seduce an alien?

The Superhero shook his head. "WHY are you naked?" he tried, belatedly turning away from her.
Aaand there’s Clark’s line, too clap Also, apparently Superman does not expect sex at this time.

"Because only organic material can travel through time, at least without the help of a Wellsian Time Machine, anyway," she replied.
rotflol She’s back!

"Look, could you hand me your cape or something? I'm starting to get a little chilly."
laugh Also
[Linked Image]

"Yeah," she said, now wrapped up in the cape. "I came back from the future to warn you about a coming disaster."
Must be dire for her to go all out like that.

Superman frowned. "Who is Becky?" he asked.

"She goes to CJ's daycare," Lois replied.
shock She’s going to be in for a nasty surprise. Also, explains why she’s so nonchalant about being naked in front of him.

"Our son," Lois answered, frowning back at him. "Were my coordinates off? Did we not have the kids yet?"
See? Yeah…about that…

Lois sighed. "Great. So, how long have you and my other self been married for?" she asked.
[Linked Image]

"You know who I--?" He stopped at her glare. "I just started at the Planet," he told her. "Someone's been putting me through tests, and I think it might be Lex Luthor."
So…oops? Also, Great title! You really sneaked that one past!

For a while, she simply stared at him; then a sly grin slowly spread across her face. "I think I can work with this," she said.
Oh boy. So, what’s 1993-Lois going to say about all this?

FIN
That’s the sad part about giving the muse a little tease. She just teases back a little mecry

Great viggy! But I guess the line-by-line already made that point blush

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Great fun - Lex won't know what's hit him.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Great story. I have to say that I'd never have gotten that story from that prompt.

I just finished (re)reading Shayne Terry's Time and Again. This story along the lines of the Terminator time travel paradigm. Makes me wonder what other types of time-travel crossovers would be entertaining.

The only one that comes to mind would be Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court. Unfortunately, Clark would only be the traveler if Nightfall was involved, so it'd have to be Lois. Though I suppose The Butterfly Effect could work, too.

Thanks for the chuckle.

Shallowford
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hysterical! rotflol What a great way to start the day! Thanks Queenie!!

OK. This is where my post was supposed to go anyway!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
lol Very funny. I can just picture the whole scene in my head. Spot on. So, how is Lois going to screw up the future now? And what did Becky's grandfather do? Sire Tempus? Expose Clark... er... Superman? Is CJ in daycare or does he run a daycare? How far back did Lois actually come? Oh, Queenie, this is what I love about your vignettes. They always make my muse want to know more. clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Oh my! That must be quite a shock for new-to-Metropolis Clark.

For a while, she simply stared at him; then a sly grin slowly spread across her face. "I think I can work with this," she said.
Naughty Lois! What are you planning? devil

Great story!

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard