"Lois, you're naked!" Superman exclaimed.

To his increasing confusion, Lois merely rolled her eyes and folded her arms. "Oh, am I?" she deadpanned. "I hadn't noticed."

The Superhero shook his head. "WHY are you naked?" he tried, belatedly turning away from her.

"Because only organic material can travel through time, at least without the help of a Wellsian Time Machine, anyway," she replied. "Look, could you hand me your cape or something? I'm starting to get a little chilly."

He nodded, detached the red material from his shoulders, and held it out. "Time travel?" he asked, still looking away until well after she had taken the garment from him.

"Yeah," she said, now wrapped up in the cape. "I came back from the future to warn you about a coming disaster."

"The future?!" he echoed.

"Yes," said Lois. "Whatever you do, don't trust Becky's grandfather."

Superman frowned. "Who is Becky?" he asked.

"She goes to CJ's daycare," Lois replied.

"Who is CJ?!" he asked, eyebrows raising.

"Our son," Lois answered, frowning back at him. "Were my coordinates off? Did we not have the kids yet?"

"We have kids?!" was his reply.

Lois sighed. "Great. So, how long have you and my other self been married for?" she asked.

"We're married?!" he answered.

Lois brought a hand up over her eyes. "When are we, Clark?"

"You know who I--?" He stopped at her glare. "I just started at the Planet," he told her. "Someone's been putting me through tests, and I think it might be Lex Luthor."

For a while, she simply stared at him; then a sly grin slowly spread across her face. "I think I can work with this," she said.

FIN

~•~