Whine No More
Folc4evernaday
Part 2

Rated: PG-13

He didn’t know what had happened. One minute they’d been talking in the hall and the next she’d slammed the door in his face…again. This time he wasn’t going to walk away, though. She’d made him promise not to run away tonight. As calmly as he could, he tried to reason with her through the door. His heart broke hearing her in tears from the other side. Nothing made sense until he heard that tearful confession.

“I’ve been lying to myself for almost a year. I thought I could hide from it but….”

Lying to herself about what? What was she trying to say? He sighed, raking a hand through his hair as he rested his forehead against the door, “Please open the door,”

“I can’t…” She cried from the other side of the door.

“Why not?” He asked, trying to portray a calm he didn’t feel at the moment.

“Because I love you too….and that scares me,” She managed softly.

His heart leaped when he heard those three words escape her lips. It took everything in him not to break down the door and kiss her. He tapped his head against the door letting out a long sigh as he pleaded with her, “Lois, open the door, please,”

There was some rustling from the other side of the door. He silently prayed that hopefully, he’d gotten through to her. His arm rested on the door frame as he waited. After what seemed like an eternity he heard the clicking of the lock and the knob turning. She looked up at him tearfully, and he fought the urge to take her in his arms and kiss away every tear. They needed to talk. “I thought I told you not to let that happen again,” He murmured as he stepped inside, locking the door behind him. She gave him a half-smile, and he sighed, leaning back against the door as he crossed his arms over his chest. “Why do you keep doing this?”

“I’m afraid,” She said shakily.

“Of what?” Clark asked exasperatedly.

“Of this,” She whispered, leaning in to kiss him, molding her body against him. He moved his hand to cup her cheek, fingering the strands of hair behind her ear.

He slowly broke off the kiss resting his forehead against hers, “Lois?”

She looked up at him as he slowly broke off the kiss, apprehension in his eyes. “Lois?”

She leaned in to kiss him again, wrapping her arms around his neck as she deepened the kiss. He groaned against her as she slipped her tongue inside the warm confines of his mouth. “I love you,” She murmured against his lips, sighing happily as his arms encircled her waist, pulling her to him as his lips sought hers out hungrily.

She leaned against him, pressing him up against the door as she fingered the silk of his tie, reveling in the feeling of being in his arms. “I love you, Lois,” He murmured against her lips, tightening his arms around her waist as he walked them back to the couch, not losing contact with her lips for a moment.

She tightened her arms around his neck, feeling her thighs brush against something soft. The couch she thought, tugging him closer as she fell back onto the cushions, pulling him down with her. He broke off the kiss for a moment, “Are you okay?”

She just nodded in response, leaning in to recapture his lips with her own once more. She felt his hand massaging her upper thigh, sighing against him as she wrapped her hands around his waist from beneath his suit jacket. “I love you, Clark,” She murmured against his lips.

He groaned against her, and she could feel the effect she was having on him as he slowly broke off the kiss, pulling away. She frowned in disappointment as he sat up, “We need to slow down,”

“Oh,” She managed to say uncertainly. She glanced down at herself and saw her dress had hiked up to her mid-thigh during their embrace. She blushed, readjusting herself as she sat up.

“Lois, we need to talk,” Clark began hesitantly.

“I know,” Lois murmured.

“What just happened? I mean, one minute you’re slamming the door in my face and the next…”

Lois nodded, letting out a quiet sigh as she turned away, “I know it doesn’t make much sense.” She looked back at him hesitantly, “I guess the best way to explain it is…I’m afraid of the past repeating itself.”

He ran a hand through his hair, “Lois, I’m not Claude.”

“I know that,” She gave him a half-smile. “I just…Oh, Clark, it’s not easy for me…”

“It’s not a walk in the park for me either, Lois,” He sighed, “These last few weeks…”

“I know. I know.” She nodded, not wanting to rehash the mistakes they’d both made over the last few weeks. “I just…”

“What is it?” He asked.

She looked up at him hesitantly, “When you said you loved me…I kinda flashed back to that day in the park…” He turned away, not meeting her gaze. She could tell he was still hurt from that day, “and then in front of the Planet.”

“I lied,” He murmured so soft she wasn’t sure she’d heard him.

“What?” She asked, uncertain whether she’d heard him right.

“I said, I lied,” He said cautiously. “In front of the Planet. After everything you went through I didn’t want to complicate things even more for you so…”

“Oh,” She murmured quietly before giving him a small smile, “You should have let me go first that day,”

“Why?” He asked, “What were you going to say?”

“I was going to thank you…for not giving up.”

“Giving up?” He asked, confused.

“On me,” She said softly. “You seem to save me even from myself without me even realizing it.” She admitted shyly. At his confused look, “I guess you weren’t there when Perry and Henderson busted in.” She realized, recalling how she hadn’t seen him at the church. He shook his head, “I couldn’t go through with it. I had just said, ‘I can’t’ when all hell broke loose.”

“What? I thought…”

“You thought that Perry and Henderson had stopped the wedding?” Lois prompted. He nodded, and she continued, turning to face him as she took his hand in hers, “Those last few weeks when we were fighting I realized how important you were to me. When I was getting ready that afternoon, standing in front of the mirror in tears…I came to the realization that I could live without Lex but I couldn’t live without you in my life. That was when I realized I was making a mistake.” She looked up at him tearfully, “I was going to tell you I had feelings for you too but you kinda cut me off…wanting to go first.”

“I’m sorry,” He hung his head, running a hand through his hair. “I had no idea. I thought that…”

“I know,” She sighed, “I spent months trying to talk myself out of what I was feeling…then with everything that happened after our date…” She sighed, uncertain how to continue.

“It’s okay,” He said, squeezing her hand. “Let’s just move forward,”

She laughed, leaning towards him, “I thought that was what I was trying to do earlier…”

He smiled, turning to cup her cheek, “I think we were both getting a little carried away,”

“I didn’t think that was a bad thing,” She teased as she leaned in to kiss him, pressing her lips against his as she moved her hand to stroke his cheek. He sighed, looking down for a moment and she leaned into him, feeling the effect her closeness was having on him.

He’d lied. He had been in love with her this whole time. He hadn’t been in love with Mayson. She wasn’t his second choice. Suddenly the fears she’d been harboring over the past few months seemed minuscule. Was that why he’d kept running away? Because he was afraid of getting too close?

She hated how she’d acted back then. Clark had tried to warn her repeatedly about Lex…from their first meeting of him, and she’d dismissed him. After all, she was Lois Lane, intrepid investigative reporter. Nothing got past her, right? Last summer had been a humbling experience. Amidst all the chaos and the fights between her and Clark he still wouldn’t give up. He could have walked away and let her get married to a sociopath, but he didn’t. He’d even lied about his feelings to help her. He didn’t want to add to the burden she was already carrying.

He’d been in love with her this whole time. How had they wasted so much time? She readjusted herself against him, sliding her other leg across his lap, so she was straddling him.

“Lois…” He breathed softly. His arms encircled her waist as she leaned into him, loosening his tie as she continued their embrace.

He had to be dreaming. Lois had been in love with him since her almost wedding to Luthor? How had he not known? How had he so stupidly wasted all these months?

“Lois…” He breathed softly, encircling her waist as she slid on his lap, continuing their embrace, seeking her mouth out hungrily. He moaned against her lips as she tugged on his tie, seductively pulling it out from his collar as she pressed her body against his.

“I love you, Clark,” She murmured huskily against his lips. “So much wasted time…” She murmured against him as she helped tug his arm out of his jacket, brushing her hands up and down his chest seductively as she did so. He allowed his hands to wander up her sides, exploring the burgundy lace and silk with his palms.

“I love you so much, Lois,” He whispered, cupping her cheek, “I can’t believe I almost lost you,” He gasped in surprise when he felt her fingernails graze against his chest. When had she unbuttoned his shirt? Fast. They were moving too fast...

He broke off the kiss and looked up at her curiously. “I’m right here,” She murmured, leaning in to recapture her lips.

He swallowed hard as he felt the soft flesh from beneath the fabric of her dress press up against him. Her hand brushed against the cotton of his now completely unbuttoned dress shirt as it hung on his shoulders loosely. He needed to tell her. He had to stop and tell her before they…

“Lois,” He murmured against her lips, moaning in pleasure as she slid closer to him, grinding herself against him. “Oh, God…” He let out a shuddered breath, “I’m….” She slid the three-cord straps off her shoulders, and he swallowed hard. “Are…you….sure?” He managed in-between heated kisses.

“Yes,” She whimpered against him, recapturing his lips once more.

He tried to force his mind to focus. He couldn’t cross that threshold with her. Not until he told her. “Lois,” He began again, taking a shuddered breath, “I’m ….” She raked her fingers up and down his chest seductively. “Superman…” He finally managed to say.

She grinned down at him, slipping her hand below his now unbuckled waistband, “Yes, you are,” She murmured, leaning in to recapture his lips once more.

What? Did she know already? Was that why she was ready to take that step with him? Was that why she had given him a second chance? Had he given himself away during his red kryptonite exposure? Wait! After Mayson’s car bombing she began to pull away. Maybe she saw something that night? So many questions raced through his mind.

“Oh, God,” The tantalizing movements of her hands brought him back to the present. The questions racing through his mind were no longer important. No more secrets. She knew. She knew, and she wasn’t pulling away. He slid his hands up her back as he began to rain a trail of featherlight kisses down her throat. The reasoning for ‘why’ slowly began to disappear from the forefront of his mind as he focused on the feeling of Lois Lane in his arms. He’d dreamed of this moment for so long. The small metal zipper brushed against his hand, and he stilled his motions looking at her for consent. She nodded, twisting herself to give him a better view as he lowered the zipper. She moved her hair out of the way, looking back at him as he lowered the zipper and revealed her smooth ivory back. The burgundy material fell, pooling around her waist. She wasn’t wearing a bra. He drank in her bare back knowing the moment she turned around… She smiled at him, turning to face him and he smiled, catching his breath in his throat.

He looked back at her hungrily, “You’re so gorgeous,” He whispered as she turned on his lap to face him, tightening her thighs around him.

She linked her arms around his neck and whispered, “Make love to me, Clark,”

Without a word, he leaned in to capture her lips hungrily, standing to his feet as he stood up with her in his arms. She wrapped her legs around him as he walked them back to the bedroom and laid her on the bed. She had tossed his dress shirt to the floor clumsily as she kicked off her pantyhose, inching herself back onto the bed. He lowered himself between her legs, brushing his lips against her inner thigh, “Yes, Cl…”

She sank back against the mattress, meeting his eyes as he lifted his head, staring at her hungrily. It was odd. She didn’t recall when he’d taken his glasses off. He looked so familiar, yet different without them. Her eyes gazed over his taut muscles hungrily. He still looked as good as he did that morning at the Apollo when she’d caught him in a towel. How had she worked beside him for almost three years knowing what was under those suits and not…

He moved up her body, teasing each layer of skin with his mouth as he moved up her body, gliding his palms up her legs as he did so. His mouth sealed over her right breast, caressing it with his tongue as he grazed his teeth against the sensitive flesh. “Yes, Cla…” She gasped in pleasure, fisting his hair enthusiastically. His hands moved up and down her thighs, gently massaging them as he moved his ministrations to her other breast.

She fisted his hair encouragingly as she glided her ankles up and down his lower back pushing his dress slacks further and further down from where they loosely hung on his waist. She reached between their bodies, caressing him through his slacks as she unzipped them, tugging them over his hips.

He groaned against her, whispering feather light kisses along her chest as he moved upwards. She sought his mouth out impatiently, pulling him to her level as she fisted his hair encouragingly.

She heard the rustling of fabric and looked down to see he had tossed the remaining item of clothing off, pressing himself against her as he slipped his tongue inside her mouth. She moaned against him wrapping her arms around him as she marveled at the powerful muscles she felt beneath her fingertips. He stilled his movements for a moment resting his head against hers as he wrapped his arms around her caressing her face with his hand. “I love you, Lois Lane,” He murmured softly.

She could feel tears forming in her eyes as she felt the emotion behind those five simple words. She could sense from his voice and the tenderness in his eyes that this was more to him than it had been with her previous lovers. It was everything. He looked so different like this…without his glasses he seemed so vulnerable…and familiar.

She reached up with her hand caressing his face with her hand, “I love you, Clark Kent,” He leaned in to kiss her. His arms tightened around her. She ran her hands through his hair, encouraging him as she anticipated his next move.

What was he waiting for?

Just as she was about to voice her frustration, she felt their bodies become one. “Oh, God yesss!” She growled, digging her fingernails into his back as he pressed her firmly against the mattress filling her so completely.

He looked at her in concern, “I’m not hurting you, am I?”

“No, no, no,” She whimpered against him.

“Oh, Lois..” He murmured, stilling his motions as he gathered her in his arms. “God you’re so beautiful,” He murmured against her neck. “I’ve loved you from the moment I saw you,”

His body rocked back and forth as he slowly began to adjust himself to her. “Cla…”

“I’ve wanted to tell you for so long…” He murmured against her neck.

Tell her? Oh, right, the lie in front of the Planet… How in the world was he able to talk coherently? She felt like her entire body was one movement away from …mind-numbing, pleasurable...’Oh, God…’ She arched her back, grinding her hips against him,

“More,” She pleaded with him. Not trusting her voice. “Oh, God….” She moaned as his hips bucked against her.

“Wrap your legs around me,” He instructed. She nodded, feeling the pulsing sensation continue to spread through her body with each movement.

“Oh, God, yesss…” She cried out as she linked her legs tightly around his waist. “Clark, that is so….” Before she could finish her sentence, he had flipped them over, so she was on top of him straddling him.

She arched an eyebrow at him, and he smirked, “You said you like to be on top,”

She grinned back at him recalling one of their first conversations when she’d been ‘schooling him’ in the ways of the newsroom after Perry had teamed her up with him. “And don’t you forget it,” She murmured leaning forward to capture his mouth with hers.

“Never,” He said softly, reaching up to cup her cheek. Suddenly self-conscious with him looking up at her she turned away, closing her eyes as she began to move against him, “Lois, open your eyes,” He murmured softly, brushing his lips against her skin as she continued to move against him.

Her eyes fluttered open, looking down at him. Why did he look so familiar but different without his glasses?

His hips lifted off the mattress, meeting each movement at a rapid pace until she was crying out in pleasure. His was a few seconds behind, and she fell against him, clinging to him in the aftermath of their lovemaking. “Wow…” She rasped out incoherently.

He nodded, stroking her cheek as he leaned up to kiss her. “You are so sexy,”

She laughed, “That was so…”

“I know,” He chuckled, murmuring something else that she couldn’t make out in her euphoric state.

“Why did we wait SO LONG??” She asked breathlessly, leaning in to kiss him. She was startled when she felt his body coming back to life again and grinned, “Making up for lost time?” She teased.

He grinned up at her, “You have no idea,” With that, he rolled them over, so he was hovering above her, becoming one with her once more.

“Oh, Clark, yesss….” She cried out.

“Oh, Lois..” He murmured, as he gathered her in his arms. From the moment he’d joined their bodies he had fought against every impulse to lose himself completely in her arms. “God you’re so beautiful,” He murmured against her neck, nibbling on her sensitive skin as he began to move their joined bodies as one. “I’ve loved you from the moment I saw you,”

Her heart rate was skyrocketing with each movement. “Cla…” He smiled to himself, taking in her dazed expression.

“I’ve wanted to tell you for so long…” He murmured against her neck. He had dreamed of this for so long. Finding someone to love that he could be completely open and honest with… It was a dream come true. From the moment he’d met Lois Lane he’d been a goner. Completely in love with her. He had been so afraid the day would never come when he could tell her everything…but it had. She seemed to have already known. He wondered why she’d pulled away from him after Mayson’s death, but now he knew why. She knew. She had figured it out. It didn’t matter now. Nothing else mattered. He was finally where he belonged with the woman he loved.

“More,” She pleaded with him.

More? As it was, it took everything in him not to lose himself in her arms until he reached that pleasurable point of no return.

“Oh, God….” She moaned as his hips met hers.

‘Bad idea. Bad, bad idea.’

He had to slow things down, or he was going to end up finishing this race without her. An idea came to him as her hips bucked against his, grinding her body against his. “Wrap your legs around me,” He instructed. She nodded, wrapping her arms around him. He bit his lower lip as he felt the effect of the movement, suppressing a moan of pleasure.

“Oh, God, yesss…” She cried out as she linked her legs tightly around his waist. “Clark, that is so….” He didn’t give her a chance to finish, flipping them over, so she was on top of him, straddling him. She smiled at the newfound position, arching an eyebrow at him.

He smirked, “You said you like to be on top,”

She grinned back at him, seeming to recall their conversation when she’d been ‘schooling him’ in the ways of the newsroom after Perry had first teamed them up. “And don’t you forget it,” She murmured leaning forward to kiss him.

“Never,” He said softly, reaching up to cup her cheek. Something in her demeanor changed. She turned away, closing her eyes as she began to move against him. He could feel the pleasurable jolt wash through him with each stroke. “Lois, open your eyes,” He murmured softly, brushing his lips against her chest as she continued to move against him.

Her eyes fluttered open, looking down at him. He heard her sharp intake of breath and grinned to himself, watching mesmerized as her body moved so perfectly against him. He could feel the world around him begin to fade. The only thing he could focus on was Lois. The soft sighs she made with each movement, bringing them closer and closer to ecstasy.

Finally, she cried out his name in ecstasy a few seconds before he followed in suit. She fell against him, clinging to him in the aftermath of their lovemaking. “Wow…” She rasped out incoherently.

He nodded, stroking her cheek as he leaned up to kiss her. “You are so sexy,”

She laughed, “That was so…”

“I know,” He chuckled, “Maybe later we can try the ceiling…”

“Why did we wait SO LONG??” She asked breathlessly, leaning in to kiss him. To his horror, he felt his body come to life once more. She looked back at him with a seductive grin, “Making up for lost time?”

He grinned up at her, “You have no idea,” With that, he rolled them over, so he was hovering above her, joining his body with hers once more.

“Oh, Clark, yesss….” She cried out, gripping his back as he continued to make up for lost time with her well into the night.

The next morning Clark woke up smiling to himself. He had spent all night making love to Lois until they both had given into exhaustion. She’d kept her legs wrapped around him in a vice-like grip well into the night as they’d made love again and again and again. At first, he’d been shocked by his body’s response to her. Maybe it was another super power, or maybe it was from finally being able to share everything with the woman he loved. He didn’t care.

He rolled on his side, brushing a stray hair out of her face as he did so, “I love you so much, Lois Lane. You are my ultimate weakness…more so than Kryptonite.”

“Hey,” Her eyes fluttered open sleepily, reaching out for him, “You’re still here,”

He smiled, “Yeah,”

She grinned back at him, leaning in to kiss him, “You stayed the night,”

“Mmm hmm,” He murmured against her lips. “Was I not supposed to?” He teased, looking down at their current state of undress. “Someone fell asleep with an alarming tight grip on me,”

“Just making sure you didn’t disappear in the middle of the night,” She said quietly, stretching her arms up over her head as she stretched her legs out to straighten them out.

“Never,” He murmured as he brushed his lips against hers.

“What time is it?” Lois asked, glancing at her nightstand.

He looked over his shoulder and read, “Nine thirty,” He began to sit up; “We should probably get a move on and try and get something to eat.”

“It’s Sunday. I don’t want to…” She began to argue until her grumbling stomach interrupted her. “I guess I am a little hungry.” She admitted sheepishly.

He leaned in to kiss her neck, “We could go to Callard’s…”

“That does sound good,” She said dreamily as his lips caressed her neck, “but that would require a shower…and clothes…”

Her stomach growled again and he laughed, pulling away, “Why don’t you get a shower and I’ll go home and change then meet you there in half an hour?”

She nodded, pulling herself out of his arms grudgingly before giving him one last kiss, “Don’t be long,”

He smiled, leaning back to watch as she headed toward the bathroom and closed the door behind her. He fought the urge to sneak another peek at her, reminding himself that that wouldn’t be a good idea if they planned on leaving the apartment today. He got up slowly scanning the room for his missing articles of clothing. He’d found everything but his tie, shoes, and jacket. He headed back to the living room and found his jacket, shoes, and glasses. His super-hearing picked up the sound of an alarm blaring, and he winced at the noise. All night he’d ignored distress calls. Thankfully nothing major had occurred.

“All units respond…we have a jumper…Metropolis Bridge,” He grimaced, realizing it was time for Superman to get back to work. At super-speed he left her apartment, flying to his apartment to change into the suit and head to the Metropolis Bridge to help. Hopefully, this wouldn’t take too long.

Lois slowly woke up feeling the familiar weight of Clark’s body pressed up against hers. She smiled to herself recalling the previous night of lovemaking with him. Things were different now. Unlike her previous experiences, she didn’t feel like she’d lost something afterward. The way he’d made love to her…She felt like he was pouring his soul into every kiss…every caress. They’d fallen asleep in one another’s arms.

“ …more so than Kryptonite.” She heard him say.

“Hey,” Her eyes fluttered open sleepily, reaching out for him, “You’re still here,” She was still trying to allow her eyes time to adjust as she woke up. She glanced down at their current state of undress. Her legs were still wrapped snugly around his waist.

He smiled, cupping her cheek, “Yeah,”

She grinned back at him, leaning in to kiss him, “You stayed the night,”

“Mmm hmm,” He murmured against her lips. “Was I not supposed to?” He teased, glancing down at where her legs were still securely wrapped around him. “Someone fell asleep with an alarming tight grip on me,”

“Just making sure you didn’t disappear in the middle of the night,” She said quietly, stretching her arms up over her head as she stretched her legs out to straighten them out. He had spent the night. She hadn’t had anyone do that. Even Claude had been gone the next morning…along with her story and Kerth.

“Never,” He murmured as he brushed his lips against hers. She grinned against his mouth. She was a goner. How in the world was she going to be able to work side by side with him after last night and not drag him into the nearest supply closet? She had never felt like this before. She just couldn’t get enough of him last night.

‘God he’s gorgeous,’ she thought to herself as she slowly came back to the present. He looked so different without his glasses. She just couldn’t place it…

“What time is it?” She asked, glancing at her nightstand.

He looked over his shoulder and read the time on the digital clock, “Nine thirty,” He pulled away from her, sitting up in bed. She frowned at the loss of contact, “We should probably get a move on and try and get something to eat.”

Eat? She could definitely eat, but right now eating was the last thing on her mind. “It’s Sunday. I don’t want to…” She began to argue until her grumbling stomach interrupted her. “I guess I am a little hungry.” She admitted sheepishly.

He leaned in to kiss her neck, “We could go to Callard’s…”

“That does sound good,” She said dreamily as his lips caressed her neck, “but that would require a shower…and clothes…”

Her stomach growled again and he laughed, pulling away, “Why don’t you get a shower and I’ll go home and change then meet you there in half an hour?”

She nodded, pulling herself out of his arms grudgingly before giving him one last kiss, “Don’t be long,”

She climbed out of bed closing the door behind her as she headed for the shower to begin getting ready. Just as she was stepping into the shower, she heard what sounded like a sonic-boom that usually indicated Superman’s presence. She frowned, grabbing a robe, wrapping around her as she poked her head out of the bathroom, “Clark?”

She spotted the neatly made bed and looked around the room, frowning when still didn’t see him. She poked her head out into the living room. No sign of him. Maybe she’d heard wrong? She didn’t see any sign of Clark or Superman. She spotted his tie on the back of her couch, smiling to herself as she recalled stripping him on the sofa the night before. The memory of last night’s date ran through her mind, and she smiled, recalling each detail.

<<“Lois, this isn’t easy for either of us, but I promise…no more shutting you out. I don’t want to lose you, Lois, I hate that I almost did. I love you and…”>>

It seemed like a lifetime ago when he’d been pleading for another chance. They’d both made mistakes but after last night…Things were different. They’d finally talked and now that they’d finally taken that step in their relationship she doubted she’d have to worry about him running away.

<<“Are you listening? I’m kinda pouring my heart out here, and you seem to…”>>

<<“Lois, I’m not leaving until we talk about this,”>>

<<“Lois, open the door, please,”>>

She’d almost blown it. When she slammed the door in his face, she’d almost blown it. The exasperated look on his face when she’d opened the door told her he’d been close to walking away.

<<“I love you, Lois,”>>

<<“Lois, I’m not Claude.”>>

<<“I lied,”>>

<<“In front of the Planet. After everything you went through I didn’t want to complicate things even more for you so…”>>

His reassurance and confession about his true feelings helped give her the courage to tell him what she’d been hiding from for so long. She was in love with him and had been for months. Something changed between them after that, closing the gap between them that had formed after Mayson’s death.

<<“I think we were both getting a little carried away,”>>

<<“I love you so much, Lois, I can’t believe I almost lost you,”>>

<<“Are…you….sure?”>>

He had been so hesitant, afraid to touch her until he was sure she was ready to take that step. After her experience with Claude, she’d gone out of her way to avoid as Clark had put it a few days ‘being completely intimate’ with anyone. She’d been hurt…lied to. But she had been intimate with Clark. Not on the physical aspect of things but emotionally…She’d never opened up to anyone the way she had him. He knew things about her even Lucy wasn’t privy to. Her compulsiveness. Her fears of not being enough.

<<"Lois, I'm...Superman...">>

What was that about? Sure she’d had a crush…okay, infatuation with Superman when he’d first arrived but that had faded after the fiasco with her almost wedding to Lex. She’d practically propositioned him, and he’d firmly but gently turned her down. Maybe Clark was trying to give her her fantasy? She shook her head, not sure what to make of Clark’s euphoric statement. She hadn’t known how to respond so she’d just simply grinned back at him with a ‘yes you are’ with an added, ‘my Superman’ in hopes it would calm his insecurities. He hadn’t said anything else about it. So she hadn't given it a second thought.

<<"You're so gorgeous,">>

<<"I love you, Lois Lane,">>

<<“I’ve loved you from the moment I saw you,”>>

She’d lost count last night after the sixth or seventh time of them making love. Something seemed to have been awakened inside her. She had never had this problem in any of her past relationships. Maybe that was the problem. With Clark, it had been more than sex, more than just physical…just love.

<<“I’ve wanted to tell you for so long…”>>

He’d been holding back on his feelings for so long just as she had. It amazed her how saying those three simple words could change their relationship so profoundly.

<<“You said you like to be on top,”>>

<<“Lois, open your eyes,”>>

She’d been self-conscious with him looking at her so she’d looked away, but he’d made sure to pull her back, ensuring that she was enjoying every pleasurable moment. That had been different. Her other partners hadn’t cared if she was looking at them or not. By the time it came to actual lovemaking, it was a race to finish, and many times she never got where she needed to. Clark had been different, focusing on her needs the entire time.

She frowned, looking over the living room once more. No sign of Clark or Superman. She could have sworn she heard… She headed back to the bathroom to finish getting ready.

Clark landed in an alley outside Callard’s and quickly changed back into his street clothes. He’d changed into a pair of jeans, T-shirt and open plaid button down shirt, opting for something more relaxed since it was their day off. He headed inside Callard’s and scanned the restaurant for Lois. Not seeing her yet he went ahead and got a table, waiting patiently for her.

Lois stared at herself in the mirror, trying to decide on what to wear. The weather had been so weird lately. Hot then cold. She could wear jeans and a cotton top and risk getting hot later or she could wear a skirt and blouse and risk being too cold. On the other hand, jeans were a lot harder to take off than a skirt…She sighed realizing where her mind had wandered. After years of being practically celibate here she was unable to go half an hour without thinking about…

She shuddered involuntarily recalling every pleasurable moment in Clark’s arms. Who knew Clark Kent, mild-mannered farmboy from Kansas was so….talented? Her past experiences had left a lot to be desired, but not Clark. All night long he’d had her begging for more. She’d been both surprised and thrilled with how quickly he recovered last night. Again and again. He made sure she was enjoying every second of their lovemaking. At one point she thought they were floating.

<<“Tell me what you want,”>>

<<“What do you need?”>>

“Skirt it is,” She mumbled to herself. Maybe after breakfast, they could make a detour back to the apartment and stay in bed all day? She finished getting ready then grabbed a pair of slip on shoes before heading to the door.

In the living room, she glanced at the clock as she gathered her things, preparing to head out the door. “I’m late.” She sighed, tousling her hair slightly as she tried to get the few stubborn strands to go down. He stomach growled again, and she huffed, “Forget it,” She grabbed her purse and keys and headed for the door. She opened the door to leave and found Dan Scardino on the other side. “Dan, uh, what are you doing here?”

He stepped into the apartment, “We need to talk,”

She sighed, staring at the clock, “Can it wait? I’m on my way out,”

He glanced down at her in a long floral skirt and white blouse with slip on shoes, “A bit early to be dressing up,”

She crossed her arms over her chest shaking her head, “I’m meeting Clark for breakfast…and I’m running late,” She said glancing at her watch, before looking at him pointedly to send the message of ‘get out.’

“Might want to give him the extra time. He might have a video to return,” Dan said snidely.

Her eyes narrowed at him, “Is there a reason you’re here or are you just trying to make digs at Clark?”

“You hung up on me last night. Didn’t even give me a chance,” He pressed, taking a step towards her.

“I’ve said everything I need to say, Dan, I’m sorry,” She murmured softly, turning toward the door. “Now if you don’t mind…” She gestured to the open door.

He turned around, pacing her living room, “No, Lois, I DO MIND. I don’t understand how you can…” He stopped in front of the couch spotting the scattered clothing from the previous night crumpled on the floor. “Well, I guess he doesn’t waste any time does he?”

“Dan, get OUT!” She said vehemently, growing more and more impatient with each passing moment. She knew he might take her breaking things off hard but the remarks he was making about Clark and insinuating he’d somehow taken advantage of her? No wonder Clark couldn’t stand him.

He walked toward her, shaking his head, “I thought you were holding back a bit but this…”

“OUT!” She repeated angrily, unwilling to listen to him any longer. Now he’d moved his remarks to her. What she did with Clark was none of his business.

“He’ll break your heart again,” He said heading toward the door again. “Always does. If you change your mind…” She glared at him, and he stopped mid-sentence, “I’ll see you around,” Finally he left, and Lois waited a few minutes before heading out the door.

Clark glanced at his watch for the tenth time looking around the crowded diner. The server had come by at least four times asking if he was ready to order. He did his best to calm his fears that something had happened on the short drive from her apartment to the restaurant. He was about to leave and do a quick scan for her when he spotted a frazzled Lois Lane make her way into the restaurant. He smiled as he eyed her shapely legs beneath her floral skirt. She looked stunning as always. “Hey,”

“I know. I know I took longer than a half-hour.” She said, sliding into the booth with him. “Sorry.” She leaned in to kiss him. “I had an…”

She didn’t have a chance to finish because the server that had been over to the table before returned, prompting them for their order, “Can I get you something to eat, drink?”

“Coffee, black. Two egg omelet...No, make that three…with grilled chicken, cheese, spinach, and mushrooms. A side of fruit and whole grain toast …and an OJ.” Lois rambled off her order in full babble mode. He couldn’t help but chuckle at the server who was scribbling furiously in his notepad to keep up with her complicated order.

He looked over at Clark hesitantly, “Uh, French toast,” He handed the menus to the server, chuckling as he heard the server muttering under his breath about always the pretty ones with the complicated orders.

Lois leaned her back against him, “Thanks for waiting.”

“You’re worth the wait,” He grinned back at her, leaning in to place a kiss on her shoulder.

“I would have been here sooner, but I had an unexpected visitor this morning that decided to barge in while I was leaving.” She explained sitting up as the server brought her coffee. She took it gratefully, “Thank you,” The server took his cup and refilled it. He grabbed a few sugars and creamers to fix his coffee, watching Lois out of the corner of his eye. She brought the cup to her lips, sipping on the rim to savor the taste for a moment. “Their coffee is always so good,”

“Glad you’re enjoying yourself,” He said with a smile, leaning in to kiss her cheek.

“I’ll be enjoying myself even more once I get some food. I’m starved!” Lois said glancing around the crowded restaurant.

“Should have gotten here sooner,” He teased.

“I couldn’t decide what to wear,” She said sheepishly.“The weather’s been kinda crazy lately. Hot one minute then cold the next…”

“Well, I think you look beautiful,” He smiled back at her, eying her shapely legs beneath the hem of her skirt.

“Thanks,” She murmured back, leaning in to kiss him. “You’re not too bad on the eyes yourself,” She brushed her lips against his once more before whispering, “but I still prefer you how you woke up this morning,”

He could feel the blush creeping up the back of his neck, “Lo-is…”

She grinned back at him as if she’d accomplished a great victory, leaning against him, “What?” She asked innocently. He chuckled, opening his mouth to respond but stopped when one of the servers arrived with their food. “Yum,” Lois said, grabbing her silverware to begin eating.

After finishing up their breakfast, Lois began relaying her confrontation with Dan, “I don’t know what his problem is. He just showed up…it took me ten minutes to get him out of the apartment so I could leave,”

Clark nodded, listening quietly as she spoke. He did his best not to react as she told him about Dan showing up at her apartment unannounced. After last night, he was confident the man posed no threat to his relationship with Lois. It angered him that Scardino thought he had a right to just show up like that, and it angered him even more that Scardino had upset Lois; however, he knew Lois could handle herself.

After paying for breakfast, they headed toward where she’d parked the Jeep. As they approached the street, she’d parked on a flyer distributor handed them a bright yellow flyer which Clark took. “What is it?” Lois asked curiously.

“It’s a flyer for the Planet’s Street Fair for Coates Orphanage,” Clark said, reading the flyer.

“Oh, right, I forgot about that,” Lois said, searching for her keys in her purse.

“Wanna go?” He asked, glancing at his watch. “It starts in a few minutes.”

Lois grinned, “It would be fun to see Perry dressed up as a fortune teller…”

He laughed, “I must have missed that one,”

“I overheard Jimmy placing an order for …How did he put it? ‘Ugly Old Woman Drag,’” She laughed, unlocking the Jeep as she climbed in.

Later that afternoon Lois and Clark walked hand in hand through the street fair that had been set up in front of the Planet. There was live music being set up on stage and vendors everywhere with different things being donated so the profits would go to the Coates Orphanage.

“I love cotton candy,” Lois said, tearing a pink piece of fluff off her cone of cotton candy.

“I can tell,” He said, mesmerized as he watched her lick the sweet pink snack off her fingers, recalling how her tongue felt against his skin the night before.

“I never had cotton candy until I was sixteen. When I was a kid my parents wouldn't let me have these.” She said taking another bite of the pink fluff.

“Ever?” He looked at her incredulously, “I find that hard to believe,”

Lois shrugged as they walked toward the booth marked ‘Madame Blavatsky,’ pulling another piece of cotton candy from her cone, doing her best impression of her dad, “'The girl's hyperactive enough, Ellen. Don't feed her dyed sugar.'” Clark laughed at her impression, and she smiled, placing a piece of cotton candy in his mouth. He savored the taste of it as he allowed it to melt in his mouth, catching the heated gaze Lois was giving him, “Now, I eat cotton candy every chance I get.” She leaned in to kiss him. He moaned against her lips, feeling her tongue slip inside his mouth as she sought out the ‘taste’ of the cotton candy from earlier.

“Step right up, folks. One dollar, one measly dollar to learn your future. Madame Blavatsky knows all, sees all, tells all.” Jimmy’s voice echoed from in front of Madame Blavatsky’s booth.

Clark laughed, pulling away from her, wrapping his arm around her waist. “I think we found the Chief..”

She nodded, “Wherever Jimmy is…” She gave him another kiss before tugging his arm with her toward the booth. Jimmy grinned as they approached. She reached into his pocket, surprising him slightly before she pulled out a dollar. He watched as she turned to Jimmy with the dollar, “How much of my dollar goes to charity?” Clark suppressed a laugh as she grilled Jimmy on where ‘her dollar’ would go.

Jimmy grinned, playing the part of street fair announcer proudly, “One hundred percent, one hundred pennies of your dollar will go to charity. Madame Blavatsky's heart is as big as …”

Perry’s booming voice could be heard from inside the tent behind them, “Olsen!!”

Jimmy grinned sheepishly, “…her voice,” He gave them a half-laugh, shaking his head.

“Is that Lois I hear?” Perry asked from inside the tent.

“It’s us, Chief,” Lois laughed, taking her cell phone out.

“Us?” Perry asked.

“Hey, Chief,” Clark called out with a smile.

“Come on out. We had to get a picture of this,” Lois teased, pulling her camera on her phone up.

“Don’t you dare Lois,” Perry barked back from inside the tent.

“I promise it’s only for posterity,” Lois added with a grin, looking back at him as she shook her head, ‘not in this lifetime,’ she mouthed to him.

“Put the camera away,” Perry barked from the tent.

“Fine,” Lois sighed, turning the camera off.

“Kent?” Perry called out.

“She turned it off, Chief,” Clark reassured him.

Perry poked his head out of the tent. He couldn’t help but laugh. Perry was covered in makeup and scarves. His hands were covered in makeup and fake fingernails that were threatening to fall off. He held up his hand and pointed it toward Lois, “How do you keep these things from falling off? Why in thunder do you women do this to yourselves?”

Lois laughed, handing her cotton candy to Clark, “I’ll just be a minute,”

“I’ll be right here,” He reassured her. She smiled, leaning in to kiss him before disappearing behind the tent with Perry.

He laughed, turning to Jimmy, brushing his hand against Jimmy’s hat, “Part time job?” He teased.

“Very funny,” Jimmy smiled back at him, putting an arm around his shoulder, “This is your idea of a date? You think Scardino takes her to silly street fairs and buys her cotton candy?”

He sighed, trying his best not to react to his friend comparing him to Scardino. He knew he meant well, but his relationship with Lois was private. Not something he wanted to share with Jimmy in the middle of a street fair with Lois a few feet away. “Jimmy, I don’t care what Scardino DID. What I do with Lois is no one else’s business but…”

“Did?” Jimmy grinned, looking at him curiously.

He was quiet for a moment, nodding, before he repeated with a smile, “Did,”

Jimmy gave an air fist before hugging him, “Thank you! I was really getting worried for a while. You know I always got your back, CK,”

“Hi, guys,” the subject of their discussion said from behind.

“Someone’s ears were burning,” Jimmy muttered under his breath as they turned to see Dan Scardino standing in front of them in jeans and a plaid button-down shirt, similar to Clark’s.

Dan pointed at the tent behind them, “What sucker got talked into playing a fortune teller?”

Clark shared a look with Jimmy but didn’t say anything. Perry’s voice could be heard from the tent, “Who you calling a sucker?”

Dan gave a sheepish grin, “Whoops.” He looked around the street they were on, “Lois around?”

Annoyed, Clark crossed his arms over his chest, keeping the two cones of cotton candy in his hand as he did so. As annoyed with Scardino’s presence as he was he was doing his best to not give into his temper. Getting into a pissing contest with Scardino wasn’t how he wanted to spend his afternoon.

“I don’t think that’s any of your business,” Jimmy said, crossing his arms over his chest, mirroring Clark’s expression.

Dan cocked an irritated expression at Jimmy, “I think that’s up to Lois to decide,”

“From what I hear she already did,” Jimmy said smugly.

“That’s still…unresolved,” Dan said evasively. “Where’s Lois?”

“Isn’t there some kind of unspoken rule about horning in on another guy’s date?” Jimmy countered, taking a step into Scardino’s face.

“Date?” Scardino laughed, “I’m sorry. THIS is a date?”

Unable to keep his mouth shut any longer Clark snapped coolly, “What are you doing here, Scardino?”

Dan opened his mouth to respond, but Lois cut him off walking towards them with her arms crossed over her chest to confront him, “Yes, Dan, what ARE you doing here?”

He smiled back at her, “Well, I…”

“Look out!” A panicked shout from the stage called out. Clark glanced toward the stage and saw a man on a ladder struggling with a huge amp above the stage. Directly below was a guitarist, tuning his guitar with his headphones on, oblivious to the shouts above him. “Oh, my God! Look out!”

Clark tried to catch Lois’ gaze to let her know he had to go, but she was looking toward the stage with the rest of the crowd. “Look out!” another shout from the man holding the amp could be heard, and he winced. He needed to help, but that would mean leaving Lois in the middle of their date. With Scardino here, it wouldn’t be easy.

“I can’t hold on!”

With everyone’s attention diverted he silently cursed himself as he changed into the suit at super-speed to stop the amp from falling on the oblivious guitarist, whisking him off the stage seconds before the amp crashed on the stage where the guitarist had been seconds before. He set the man down on the ground, checking to make sure the guitarist was all right. The guitarist looked up at him slightly dazed.

“I’m glad I was nearby,”

Just as he was about to fly back to Lois, a young blonde walked up to them, “Calvin! Oh, Calvin!” She wrapped an arm around the guitarist before turning to Clark, “Oh, thank you, Superman!”

“He’s a little dazed, Miss, but he’ll be fine,” He reassured taking a step to leave, but Calvin stopped him.

“Fine?? Fine!?” Calvin fumed, pointing to his hand, “He broke my hand, Elise! Just when I get my big break, this baboon busts my hand!” He turned back to him, “Take me to the hospital right now.” He sighed. He really didn’t want to leave Lois any longer than he had to…especially not with Scardino hanging around like a vulture. “I mean it,” Calvin demanded.

Seeing there was no getting around this, he grabbed Calvin to fly him to the hospital, silently praying Lois wouldn’t be too angry about him leaving her with Scardino.

“Man, did you see that?” Jimmy asked, looking up at the stage.

“That was some close call, huh?” Dan asked. “Lucky Superman was nearby,”

“Yeah,” Lois breathed, looking around. “Jimmy, where did Clark go?”

Jimmy looked over his shoulder, “Uh, he was just here a second ago,” He glanced at Scardino nervously before adding, “I’m sure he’ll be right back,”

“Yeah, sure he will,” Dan said snidely.

“Clark?” Lois called out, looking around the crowded street for Clark once more.

“So now you know,” Dan said.

“ Know what?” Lois asked.

“Just about how much you mean to Clark Kent,” Dan said with a smug smile.

Lois crossed her arms over her chest, glancing around her uneasily. Where was Clark? How could he just leave? How could he just leave her like that? After everything that happened last night… It didn’t help that Dan was circling like a vulture, pointing out the obvious. Clark had left again. After this morning she didn’t want to give Dan the satisfaction of being right, so she replied coolly, “He probably had a good reason.”

“Sure he did.” Dan said sarcastically, “Maybe he had a library book to return or maybe he’s just a wuss…” She narrowed her eyes at him, daring him to say one more thing. She was angry at Clark, but she still didn’t like anyone talking like that about him.

“Man, don’t you have some DEA agent stuff to do?” Jimmy interjected, coming to Clark’s defense. “Buzz off!”

Dan ignored Jimmy “I'm sorry, Lois, the guy just brings it out in me. I don’t understand what you see in him.”

Jimmy tried to intervene again, “Come on, Lois, you don’t owe him an explanation for anything…” Jimmy narrowed his eyes at Scardino in disgust as he tried to pull Lois away from Scardino.

“No, but Clark sure owes her one,” Scardino remarked with a bite in his tone.

“Do you ever shut up?” Jimmy asked, annoyed as he stepped toward Scardino.

“Do you?” Scardino scoffed back at Jimmy, growing more and more irritated with his intrusion by the minute.

Jimmy shook his head, “I mean you don’t even know CK and you’re…”

“…calling it how I see it?” Dan prompted.

“Enough! Both of you!” Lois shouted in disgust. “Jimmy, I can handle this without you,” Jimmy nodded, and then Lois turned to Dan, “and as for YOU!” She jabbed Dan in the chest angrily.

“Me?” He looked around, uncertainly. “What did I do?”

“You deliberately horned in on my date with Clark and tried to make him look bad.” She fumed, jabbing her finger in his chest again.

“I didn’t have to try very hard,” Dan said snidely.

“You had no right to…” She shook her head in disgust.

“Lois, I am trying here. I want another shot.” He began. She looked at him in disgust, trying to walk away, “Look, I’m sorry about this morning, but I'm here, and I'm here because I want to be with you whenever I can. Can you say that about Clark Kent? I mean, he's the one you had a date with. Where is he?”

Four hours. He had waited patiently for FOUR hours, listening to Calvin berate him over and over about his SPRAINED wrist. It wasn’t broken. It was sprained. That was good news. He’d been a bit concerned when Calvin had said it was broken, but after the doctors had checked it out, he felt a bit better. He hated that he’d been the cause of an injury.

He followed Calvin and his wife, Elise outside the hospital, listening as he continued to blame him for his troubles, “I'm a musician, I'm an artist, I need both my hands, what would Jimi Hendrix have been with one hand? I'll tell you what: He'd have been nobody, held have been nothing, he'd have been …”

Thankfully, Elise interjected, “Alive. You're alive, Calvin, and you're going to be fine.”

Unfortunately, Elise’s words had the opposite of their intended effect, and to Clark’s horror, he turned his anger on Elise, “You don't understand anything! You're a waitress, for God's sake! You serve slabs of dead cows to fat businessmen. You wouldn't know art if it jumped up and bit your kneecap!”

Angered by Calvin’s words Clark interjected in Elise’s defense, “People who love each other should be kind to each other.” He glared angrily at Calvin.

Calvin glared at Clark, “What are you, a greeting card on steroids? You fly around putting your nose into other people’s business. Who asked you?”

He did his best to control his anger, recalling he was still in his Superman persona, “I've never been sorry I saved anyone's life, Mr. Dregg. I'd hate to start now.”

Calvin glared back at him, “Why are you still here? What are you waiting for? Gratitude? You ruined my life!”

Clark sighed, “It will heal.” He replied irritated at Calvin’s anger towards him and Elise.

Elise laid a hand on Clark's arm, “Please go. He won’t calm down until you go.” He glanced back at Calvin uncertainly. He really didn’t want to leave her with Calvin like this. What if he took his anger out on her in more than just words? She seemed to sense his hesitancy and nodded, “I’ll be okay. Really. And thank you.”

Clark sighed, ready to leave this nightmare behind him. He flew off hearing in the distance, “You ruined my life!”

When he returned to the street fair everyone was gone. Frustrated he headed to Lois’ apartment to try and salvage the rest of the day and apologize for taking so long. He had stopped at the florist down the street and picked up a single red rose, praying she’d be receptive to his apology. He knocked lightly on her door, “Lois?”

No answer.

He knocked again, “Lois?”

No answer.

He scanned the apartment and found her curled up on the couch in her sweats with the television on, seeming to ignore him. From the look on her face, she was more than just angry.

He knocked again, “Lois?”

“Go away, Clark!” She called out angrily. “I don’t want to talk to you. I don’t want to see you. Just leave me alone!”

He let out a long breath, debating on trying to wait her out. Realizing she wasn’t budging, he laid the rose outside her door and walked away.

TBC...

Comments Go Here

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube