Next Thread
Print Thread
#273562 02/05/17 10:00 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Feedback folder for Whine No More Trailer

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello There!

“Well then you are in luck,” He grinned back at her, “because Sarita makes a mean Tikka Masala,” He grinned back at her. “Just keep in mind the spice level here is authentic Indian so I wouldn’t try anything above medium unless you feel like guzzling a good four gallons of water along with it.”

I had to laugh at this. My husband has traveled to India and sampled a number of rather heavily seasoned dishes. If you drink water after eating something really spicy, have a slice of bread. That absorbs the flavor, water on your tongue spreads it around. He learned that from bitter experience. drool

Last edited by Morgana; 02/06/17 06:49 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Morgana
Hello There!

“Well then you are in luck,” He grinned back at her, “because Sarita makes a mean Tikka Masala,” He grinned back at her. “Just keep in mind the spice level here is authentic Indian so I wouldn’t try anything above medium unless you feel like guzzling a good four gallons of water along with it.”

I had to laugh at this. My husband has traveled to India and sampled a number of rather heavily seasoned dishes. If you drink water after eating something really spicy, have a slice of bread. That absorbs the flavor, water on your tongue spreads it around. He learned that from bitter experience. drool

Yeah, I'm well aware. My dad's from Pakistan so we grew up with the mindset of eat more bread and yogurt if dad cooked it. This line was just teasing on Clark's part. I had originally written a part from his POV but it seemed to make it more lengthy. I guess this is one of the things that just got lost in translation. lol.

Thanks for the FDK, Morgana. I should have the next part up soon. Trying to calculate how many chapters it'll be. I'm guessing somewhere between 7 / 10 right now. Hope you have a great week.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Top Banana
Top Banana
He tried to force his mind to focus. He couldn’t cross that threshold with her. Not until he told her. “Lois,” He began again, taking a shuddered breath, “I’m ….” She raked her fingers up and down his chest seductively. “Superman…” He finally managed to say.

She grinned down at him, slipping her hand below his now unbuckled waistband, “Yes, you are,” She murmured, leaning in to recapture his lips once more.

He knocked again, “Lois?”

“Go away, Clark!” She called out angrily. “I don’t want to talk to you. I don’t want to see you. Just leave me alone!”

He let out a long breath, debating on trying to wait her out. Realizing she wasn’t budging, he laid the rose outside her door and walked away.
It seems there's been a failure to communicate. help

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Annie B.
He tried to force his mind to focus. He couldn’t cross that threshold with her. Not until he told her. “Lois,” He began again, taking a shuddered breath, “I’m ….” She raked her fingers up and down his chest seductively. “Superman…” He finally managed to say.

She grinned down at him, slipping her hand below his now unbuckled waistband, “Yes, you are,” She murmured, leaning in to recapture his lips once more.

He knocked again, “Lois?”

“Go away, Clark!” She called out angrily. “I don’t want to talk to you. I don’t want to see you. Just leave me alone!”

He let out a long breath, debating on trying to wait her out. Realizing she wasn’t budging, he laid the rose outside her door and walked away.
It seems there's been a failure to communicate. help

mecry huh That's the understatement of the MILLENNIUM! Get ready for fireworks in the next part. This one just kinda took on a life of it's own. It was an idea I was pondering after rewatching the whole Resurrection - Whine Whine Whine of Season 2 the other day. Part 3 is up.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Part 4 is up. FDK appreciated as always. Keep in mind this story is rated PG-13

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
R
RJS Offline
Blogger
Blogger
R
Part 6: Fantastic repartee with Scardino. Same with stammering Clark falls flat. Why the switch? Good old Scardino is still more exciting for Lois, I guess?

RJS #273721 02/18/17 05:12 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by RJS
Part 6: Fantastic repartee with Scardino. Same with stammering Clark falls flat. Why the switch? Good old Scardino is still more exciting for Lois, I guess?

It's not that he's more exciting. She's trying to do her investigation ...which leads to danger...which leads to crash and burning Scardino's investigation which leads to a big blow up. Clark doesn't really feel the need to one-up Scardino or fight anymore because he knows where he stands with Lois. It'll all make more sense in the final part.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Final Part is up. Let me know what you think.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“You’re kinda swamped? I’m out two of my best reporters this morning. Where’ve you been all morning?”

“Uh, courthouse,” She said, patting the folder in her hand, “What’s up?”

“Where’s Clark?” Perry asked.

Ah! Lois is caught between a rock and a hard place! Perry does notice everything!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Morgana
“You’re kinda swamped? I’m out two of my best reporters this morning. Where’ve you been all morning?”

“Uh, courthouse,” She said, patting the folder in her hand, “What’s up?”

“Where’s Clark?” Perry asked.

Ah! Lois is caught between a rock and a hard place! Perry does notice everything!

Well, you know he didn't get to be Editor-in-Chief because he can yodel...

Thanks for commenting. Hope you enjoyed the story and the plot untwists at the end. wave

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I really like this story. It's wonderfully sexy. I like how, even though you follow the show fairly closely, you have added detail and story that keep it interesting, so that it's not just a re-hash of the episodes.

I really like the argument between Lois and Clark in the newsroom that leads to their discussion on the roof. Lois is completely apoplectic, while Clark is utterly puzzled at why she's upset. Throwing her over his shoulder is pretty heavy-handed, and it wouldn't fly in a real office situation, but it's so in-character for the show. I love how the next day everyone is expecting their fight to continue, rather explosively, but they both walk in like everything's fine.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
I really like this story. It's wonderfully sexy. I like how, even though you follow the show fairly closely, you have added detail and story that keep it interesting, so that it's not just a re-hash of the episodes.

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the story. It was a lot of fun to write. I tried to stay as close to the episode timeline as possible with a little twist.

I really like the argument between Lois and Clark in the newsroom that leads to their discussion on the roof. Lois is completely apoplectic, while Clark is utterly puzzled at why she's upset.

Yes, a case of miscommunication gone amuck.

Throwing her over his shoulder is pretty heavy-handed, and it wouldn't fly in a real office situation, but it's so in-character for the show.

Yeah, but they couldn't continue with that argument in front of everyone. It wouldn't have done either of them any good. Besides Perry seemed to be pretty lenient when it came to letting L&C work their problems out.

I love how the next day everyone is expecting their fight to continue, rather explosively, but they both walk in like everything's fine.

Yes, poor Jimmy had to overhear everything everyone was saying. I figured it would be better to use him as a listening ear than Lois / Clark. He's able to hear things others don't.

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard