#136649 08/19/13 01:34 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Early first season.

Try this as a background

Clark as Superman does NOT fly Lois back to the Planet. Instead he makes the decision to distance his Superman persona as far from Lois Lane as possible. In fact as Superman he avoids Metropolis. When he does do super things he wears the suit in case he is noticed but tries to stay under the radar.

Jason Trask does NOT show up at the Planet and does not focus on Lois or Clark.

Lex Luthor does not deal with Superman directly. Clark as Superman does not confront Luthor. Indeed the only dealing he has directly with Luthor are as Clark Kent reporter who speaks many languages.

Clark avoids Lois while in the suit and gives interviews to reporters in other cities. He also avoids giving himself Superman interviews. As a result Clark Kent new reporter with the Daily Planet spends more time doing every little dog and pony show. Where he does shine is covering the English is not their first language population of Metropolis.

Even as Clark quietly investigates Luthor he does not let his suspicions of Luthor show. Since Lois does date Lex Luthor, and Clark does not work with her often, he does not share his suspicions.

As reports of Superman roll in from around the world, and the tabloids talk about him with this bimbo and that one, and he continues to avoid Metropolis and Lois Lane the coverage the Planet has is less Pro Superman and much more Neutral.

The major pro Superman coverage and the first indepth interview is done by Polly Perkins (Gwyneth Paltrow), a newspaper reporter for New York City newspaper "The Chronicle".

Other sources of Superman interviews are Vicki Vale (Kim Basinger) of the Gotham Gazette and Roxanne Ritchi (Tina Fey) a tv news reporter.

Since Lois does NOT really know Superman and has a low opinion of men, she tends to believe he is a "player" and takes a more critical view of Superman.

On the plus side since Clark avoids helping too openly in Metropolis and does not work as closely with Lois he is not running off every time they are together.

Lois Lane spends more time digging into the background of Superman. This is turn leads her to interesting intersections of Clark Kent and the hidden actions of Superman. Even as she becomes closer to Clark she becomes more suspicious of Superman. Along the way she begins to back track "The Boss" to Lex Luthor.

Framework4
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Wow. Very cool topic

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
These ideas scream potential!

Love adding, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow's Polly in the mix. Definitely one of the best movies people did not watch.

Gad, I wish I had time to write it.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
There's an nfic out there that has Clark working in Washington DC that kind of fits that bill but I don't remember exactly it's name.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I am half tempted to say that I will under-take this story, but I have said that so much and never gotten it done, that I hesitate to make a clear commitment.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Christina:
There's an nfic out there that has Clark working in Washington DC that kind of fits that bill but I don't remember exactly it's name.
Do you mean ndnickerson's "Cross Every Line"? It's sort of like that. In a way, so is it's co-runner up winner for 2013 NKerth Best Alt-Universe story (here's the link to the Gfic version) All the Daytime and the Nighttime by Artemis. (Hurry up and get the sequel on the Archives already Artemis! Here's the link to the sequels The Agent and the Admiral and Night-time in the Daytime ) Both Artemis and ndnickerson's stories are very good and have Clark working undercover, and not necessarily in the way that you might think.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
bump

Framework4
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Bump

Framework4
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Frame, the thing that struck me when reading this challenge was that it appears that there's a controlling agency where female reporters can only become well-known if their first and last names begin with the same letter.

And could whoever does this write Roxanne's interview with Sarah Palin?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Bump

Framework4

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard