Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
I've been trying to coax my muse out of her box, and figured a few challenges might jostle her enough to get back to work on my WIPs. But rather than wait for just the right prompt to happen along, I figured I'd make a formal request:

Please post an opening line. Preferably not something ramblingly long, but other than that, it could be anything you like. Post as many as you like, too. Go nuts (please). And if someone posts a first line that strikes your fancy, I see no reason why we can't all share. smile

Well, Folcs? Can you help a muse out?

~•~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
"OK. Just put down the rubber ducky, and let's talk."

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love this challenge!

"I killed him. I killed ...Superman."

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Top Banana
Top Banana
"It was a dark and stormy night."

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Features Writer
Features Writer
"So, if you didn't go away with Mayson for the weekend, where exactly were you?"

"Slap me, quick!"

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
"But...I thought we were friends?"

Great challenge idea notworthy
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
"Good Afternoon, Mister Kent. The photograph in the folder is Lois Lane, a reporter at the Metropolis Daily Planet. We believe that she will shortly be assigned to investigate gun runners in the Congo. Your mission, should you choose to accept it..."

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"Lois, you're...pregnant," Clark stammered before he knew what he was saying. After all, there was no way on Earth that he could know that before she did.

Ooooh! Nice one!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
"I'm sorry, Lois but I don't DO 'patient'."

Shallowford
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"'Full Moon Over Metropolis!' by Leo Nunk" (Yes, this could describe the lunar phenomenon, but we all know it doesn't. [Linked Image] [Linked Image])

"Lois, you're naked!" Superman exclaimed.

"Lois, why are you naked?" Clark exclaimed.

"Clark Kent, you're under arrest for the murder of Superman."

"Lois Lane, you're under arrest for the murder of Clark Kent."

"Superman, you're under arrest for the murder of Lois Lane."

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"What's this?" Lucy asked her sister while holding up the red cape she had picked from Lois's bedroom floor.

"What's this?" Lois asked her husband as she dangled the sorry excuse for another woman's underwear in front of his face.

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
My sister actually got me a book of story prompts for Christmas. It's called "Complete The Story." I haven't totally explored the book, but as I find ones that would be good for L&C, I'll post.

"How did you know?" I asked, not sure I wanted the answer. I thought I had been careful. I thought she...

Reporters are trained to develop a sixth sense, a nose for when a story smells fishy. And something about this one wasn't right. First of all...

It flashed through the sky and then was gone. Lucy was sure she had seen a UFO and was equally sure that aliens were here to secretly make contact with a human being. Maybe they would choose her. Maybe she would get to visit their ship. Maybe...

She believed in me in a way no one else ever has and no one else ever will, and I betrayed her. The worst part is, she doesn't know. She still thinks...

It was different, writing on a typewriter: the clatter and noise, the resistance of the old keys forcing her to really put some effort into each letter. She imagined she was...

It was odd to be in a room full of people who all seemed to look up to my dad like he was some kind of hero. A part of me wanted to see him through their eyes just for a moment. I tried to picture him as...

I sat down next to her on the couch. It was time to start telling the truth. But I couldn't just dive into the heart of the matter, so I started with the little things. I told her...

All right, maybe it wasn't the best way to start off a conversation. In my own way, I was trying to take her side, and very few people do. She has two, maybe three real friends in the world. There's me, there's...

I wanted to believe him. I really did. But I had trusted him before, and it hadn't worked out that well. So now when he assured me that...

More to come as I get deeper into the prompts!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Vicky, those all sound like they're tailor made for Lois and Clark. clap

And to add a quote:
"Not again!" Lois sighed as she smelled the distinctive scent of eau de sweatsocks from the perfume sample she had received per mail.

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael, I was shocked how many fit when I was thumbing through!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A few more from the second half of that book:

He dropped to one knee and began snapping photographs. He didn't want to miss anything. Most everyone was running away from the explosion but others were...

"How could you?" she asked, hands high in the air - and at first I had no answer. There was no excuse for what I had done, and I wasn't about to make one up. But the one thing she didn't understand, the one thing I needed her to understand,...

It could have been a disaster instead of a new beginning. In a way, it was a little bit of both. And with all the things that happened this past year, we were all in need of a new beginning. We deserved it after... (this one reminds me of the Season One finale with the exploded Daily Planet)

"It's just a phase, you'll grow out of it," my father said to me at the time. I've spent the rest of my life trying to prove him wrong, trying to show him I could...

Love comes in all shapes and sizes. And sometimes it's disguised as something else. It's natural for me to think about disguises because...

"Are you serious?" I asked her, somehow hoping against hope that she wasn't. She was quite serious. She was getting in the car and driving to California, with or without me. She had just gotten off the phone with...

I couldn't tell if she was truly confident - or just really good at faking it. And I know a thing or two about faking it. "Fake it till you make it," my old man used to say. Of course, he also said...

There was no way I was going to admit anything. I had to protect myself. But I also had to protect...

I knew the day I met her I would ask her to marry me. And I guess I knew that she would say no, but I couldn't help myself when...

People talk about the calm before a storm. And that's what it felt like: there was electricity in the air, and it was invisible, and that made it even more powerful. A crowd had gathered outside City Hall and also at...

It was an accident, I told myself. And I kept on telling myself that, as if saying it over and over would make it true. But no matter what I told myself, it wouldn't change the fact that...

People pretty much hear what they want to hear, see what they want to see, believe what they want to believe. And I guess I fell into that trap as well. I wanted to believe...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks for all the first lines, guys! Please keep them coming. smile

If I may dash one off myself:

Lex studied his reflection in the mirror, admiring the fit of the tights and the way the red cape hung majestically from his shoulders. Yes...this would work.

~•~
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
After all his previous failures he finally savored the sweet taste of victory! The solution was delightful in its simplicity--after all, it had only taken one suggestion...

Shallowford
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"I'm sorry, Ms. Lane, but we can't hire you. Insurance reasons. I'm sure you can understand," L. P. Letters, editor in chief of the Metropolis Star, told her.

(while reading Blooming Time by Millefeuilles)

wave Michael

Kerth
Kerth
"What is it with Clark picking Ultra Woman for his fantasy superhero league team every year?" asked Jimmy. "Does he think she's going to make a comeback?"

(I should mention that this was suggested by the 2nd episode of Powerless, which has various people obsessed with this fantasy game)

Last edited by Marcus Rowland; 02/21/17 03:39 PM.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Mr. White, are you certain that intern Lois Lane isn't right for a permanent job with the Daily Planet?"

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
"I'm sorry, Ms. Lane, but we can't hire you. Insurance reasons. I'm sure you can understand," L. P. Letters, editor in chief of the Metropolis Star, told her.

(while reading Blooming Time by Millefeuilles)

wave Michael
Famous first line or L. P. Letters's last words? (Lois will kill him.)
thud Fortunately, Lois didn't think about that when she wondered about her next career move, while waiting for Superman !
If so, I wouldn't have had a story to write about... rotflol

Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Bumping this up. And while I'm here:

"Clark? Superman? What are you both doing here?!"

~•~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
"That does it. I'll never listen to another Elvis song again," Perry vowed.

Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
"Hi, I'm Cat Kent..."

~•~
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Looking at the body, Lois said "Mrs. Cox, why a head shot?"
"Lex always wears a vest Miss Lane."

Framework4