Next Thread
Print Thread
#273373 01/15/17 05:35 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Story

Questions? Comments?

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Annie! Just saw this pop up before it’s time for bed, and I couldn’t resist blush Okay, actually, it’s past time for bed, but…no A-plot!

Clark walked down the street, trying to ignore the strange looks people were giving him.
He wearing a cowl and a black cape?

Okay, so Superman didn’t usually walk down the street with the rest of the population of Metropolis.
Oh, cape but no cowl. Maybe he’s going to buy flowers for his date?

and his wedding ring, zipped into a pocket under his cape — and if he put those on, the strange looks he was getting now would look like nothing.
Yes, wedding band on Superman – I can just see the yellow press going ape crazy.

That call for help, as it turned out, had been nothing more than an excuse for a prankster to expose him to Kryptonite, then run off, giggling.
[Linked Image]

As he reached the final intersection before the Daily Planet and waited for it to be safe to cross, the stares and whispers turned to exclamations and pointing at something other than him.
An out of control bus hurtling toward Superman?

To his shock, Superman hovered about three stories up, surveying the crowd indifferently. Ignoring the Don’t Walk sign, Clark stepped into the street.
So…oops? Also, going to get rescued?

Had he been cloned again? Was this a New Kryptonian who had been left behind, looking to help him
rotflol

The other Superman shook his head. “Pitiful. Did that Kryptonite make you lose your memory?” He came closer, stopping two feet from Clark, his expression mocking.
Ooooh!

“There are rules about impersonating someone!”
Only officials. And when it comes to shopping. Okay, maybe Clark’s 17 y/o daughter having a fake driver’s license to get into clubs that sell alcohol might also count.

At that moment, Clark’s powers kicked back in. Ignoring the sudden deafening babble of voices and other city sounds, he lunged at his opponent — and went right through him.
Oooooh! The other Superman learned to vibe. J.K. I did wonder if it’s a hologram, but thought, nah…

She’ll never guess who succeeded in finishing her — and I’ll let the law deal with her. It’s a brilliant move that only I —“
Wait, People vs Lois Lane?

In a flash, Clark was in the nearby alley. He grabbed Jefferson Cole by the shirt, hoisting him into the air. “What were you saying about Lois Lane!?” he shouted.
So, memo to self – don’t talk about your plan like some crazed super villain where Superman can hear you?

Cole dropped his tape recorder. “Memo to self,” he squeaked. “Never make plans when Superman is around.”
clap

Clark set him down, tearing an arm off the man’s shirt and using it to bind his hands behind his back.
At first, I read – ‘tearing an arm off the man’. Oops?
http://theforce.net/story/front/Chewbaccas_Revenge_172149.asp

and even Mindy Church without any clothes.
rotflol

“It’s a hallucination machine!” Cole shouted, his face turning red with fury. “You’ll never be able to hold me! I’ll be out in a week!”
Maybe if they stuck his feet into a freshly floored cell? You know, up to his ankles in concrete?

“No! She’s nothing! Just a cocky little reporter who ruined my life! I should have killed her then.”
So, he trying for life?

Cute untwist!

LOIS: You mean, now I never get to enjoy Clark in a seedy motel room? mad
CLARK: help

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lol! I love this! laugh

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Jefferson Cole! Good call. I love it when the lesser-used characters have their day!

Shallowford
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay! AnnieB is back!

Jefferson Cole is such a twit! He continued threatening people when the officer told him to be quiet, all of that is gonna be used against him. It is great to see a minor character used rather than Lex, Tempus or Mindy Church! This gives a neat little slice in the life of Clark Kent, plus he gets to write it up as an exclusive and share the byline with his wife. Love it! thumbsup

Isn't Panem coming up soon? grovel

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
rotflol Hilarious and brilliant! clap A great untwist for PVLL/DLW! I absolutely loved seeing Cole turn purple over the Hologram/Hallucination/Halloween issue. XD

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap Very funny! It's always entertaining when a villain can't make up his mind.

“You didn’t catch me! Superman caught me! He’s like me — a higher level of humanity.”

“Really?” Clark asked. “And here I thought I was a cretin. At least, that’s what you said a few minutes ago.”

“Imbecile!”

“Not a higher level of humanity after all.” Clark gave Cole a look of mock disappointment.
rotflol

Thanks for the laughter. I needed it. Now, how will I sleep with sore cheeks?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Features Writer
Features Writer
What a delightful, brilliant untwist to that plot! Cole is something else, and you captured his arrogance and confusion with humor. lol thumbsup

I'll be smiling all day. What a nice way to start the week! Thank you!! clap

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Kerth
Kerth
Nice story, VERY silly villain. But I'm trying to remember which episode Cole comes from and drawing a complete blank..?

later - never mind, checked Wikipedia, I remember him now.

Last edited by Marcus Rowland; 01/16/17 03:11 PM.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Top Banana
Top Banana
Marcus,

People vs Lois Lane and Dead Lois Walking.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute, really cute!
r/
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A delightful story that made my day!
It is really nice to see the hologram thingy put to good use, err... bad use!! This kind of stupid villainy is quite entertaining and a par to the show!
Thanks a lot for this story.

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Late to the party but I'm catching up on some reading.

AnnieB, this was hilarious. I loved the interchange between Cole and Superman, particularly the constant hologram/hallucination machine bit.

Thanks for sharing!

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard