Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
See https://techtalk.pcpitstop.com/2016/12/16/malwarebytes-alert/

An additional warning from my hubby: his company computer had Malwarebytes on it and not only was his virus scanner from PCPitstop removed but Microsoft Security was disabled and could not be turned on without reinstalling it from Microsoft.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Thanks for the article, Dandello. I had long considered Malwarebytes to be one of the more reputable companies, and so I was surprised by the contents of the article.

Just in case anyone wants to read the other side of the story, it is available here.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I too had thought Malwarebytes was one of the more reputable companies - but on two of my hubby's machines that had Malwarebytes installed (a Win 7 and a Win 10) the PCPitstop AV was removed (not just disabled) with no option to white list it and the Windows AV was disabled, leaving those machines without any protection at all. On our other machines (ones without Malwarebytes) if something happens keep one virus scanner from running, the Windows AV will turn on automatically or can be turned on easily. With his two machines, the Windows AV had to be completely reinstalled.

Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Today's good news is: Malwarebytes is no longer auto-flagging and removing PCPitstop's software. https://techtalk.pcpitstop.com/2017...tion=&ad_id=504861&share-ad-id=1

Last edited by Dandello; 01/12/17 07:10 PM.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard