Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Comments for Ghost From the Past part 17-20 go here. I'll be posting the next part here soon.

TRIGGER WARNING:

Part 17 and the following parts will be handling some very serious issues regarding the death of a baby. It is not a violent death but it IS the death of a child. You WILL cry. I'm sorry, but there's no way around it. I cried when I wrote it and edited it and even when I reread it.... mecry mecry mecry

This story regarding the death of Jamie is based on my son, Jamie who passed away on 10/6/2014. (Anyone that's friends with me on Facebook knows this already)

The video described in the story can be found at this link here.

I'll be posting several parts back to back because I don't want to leave anyone in a lurch because of the material discussed here. It's grief. It's ugly and messy but necessary to get to the happy ending.

That's all for the public service announcement and TRIGGER WARNING. Hope everyone enjoys.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Top Banana
Top Banana
After hanging up the phone with Perry Lois had barricaded herself in the guest room where Clark had fallen asleep and finally allowed herself to cry. She sat on the floor by the door, rocking herself quietly as the tears fell one by one. Trask was gone. The man that had terrorized her and Clark’s parents for over twenty-four hours that dreadful night….The man that had faked her fiancé’s death….The man that had stolen everything from her….He was gone. Why didn’t she feel relief? She felt cheated. She felt betrayed. She would never see justice for what that man had done to them. Clark would never see justice.
They may be cheated of justice, but at least they don't have to fear Trask anymore. Luthor (and the President of the United States) on the other hand ...

His voice echoed around her as she forced herself to continue, certain that if she waited too long he’d get his hopes up before she dashed them to pieces. “He died,” She whispered hoarsely.

“Wha…What??”

She could feel his body stiffen against her as she continued, blinking back tears. “He was born a month early, but he seemed fine. Everything seemed fine. Then one night I put him to bed in his crib and he…never….ne..ver…..wo…ke…..woke…up…” She cried.

She expected him to pull away from her…to run. Blame her. Yell. Something. He just laid there in shock, holding her against him, “Oh, God…” He pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to hold back the wave of emotions that she was sure he was struggling with after what she’d just told him. “A…son?” His voice cracked and she winced as if she’d just been beaten.

“I’m so….so….sorry…” She cried. “I did….every…everything….they to…ld…told…me. I don’t…..know…wha…”

“Lo..is,” His voice squeaked on the last syllable as he fought to keep himself from betraying the emotions he was holding in.

She’d done it. Told him the horrible truth that had been her life for the last four years. She prepared herself for the inevitable. He would hate her. He would blame her. She hated herself every day. She’d begged and pleaded God to take her instead that morning when she’d found her perfect angel unresponsive that morning.

“Please forgive me,” She pleaded, burying her face against his chest as she cried, squinting her eyes shut as she prepared herself for the worst.

“Forgive you for what?” He asked, uncertainly, rolling over on his side so she was forced to look at him.

“I wasn’t a good…mother….” She cried. “I didn’t pro….protect him. I was ASLEEP when he was….”

“No, no, no,” He shook his head, pulling him to her. “I’m sure you did….EVERYTHING… you… could,” His voice was still shaky and she could feel the uneasiness of his embrace.

“I didn’t hear him,” She cried. “I don’t understand how I could NOT hear him….”

“Maybe….he….didn’t…make…a…noise…” He said uneasily.

“I’m so sorry, Clark,” She cried, leaning against him. He tightened his arms around her, holding her to him as she cried. She could feel his body shake against hers uncontrollably as he finally gave into the emotions he’d been holding back. She reached up, wrapping her arms around him and holding him against her chest as he cried.
So sad ...

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Top Banana
Top Banana
“Cops! Rats! Every one of them. Someone loses their baby like that then gets treated like a criminal? It ain’t right.” Floyd muttered angrily. “Anyway, uh, if you need anything let me know…”

<<“How could you put him to bed and he just not wake up? Explain that to me…I’ve been on the force for years and there’s ALWAYS a reason…”>>
I understand why such deaths have to be investigated, because sadly there are parents who will abuse, neglect, or outright murder their children and try to blame it on SIDS, but treating a grieving parent that way just seems unnecessarily cruel.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Annie B.
After hanging up the phone with Perry Lois had barricaded herself in the guest room where Clark had fallen asleep and finally allowed herself to cry. She sat on the floor by the door, rocking herself quietly as the tears fell one by one. Trask was gone. The man that had terrorized her and Clark’s parents for over twenty-four hours that dreadful night….The man that had faked her fiancé’s death….The man that had stolen everything from her….He was gone. Why didn’t she feel relief? She felt cheated. She felt betrayed. She would never see justice for what that man had done to them. Clark would never see justice.
They may be cheated of justice, but at least they don't have to fear Trask anymore. Luthor (and the President of the United States) on the other hand ...

Yes, but this was the tip of the iceberg on everything that had happened. Realizing Trask was just one of the many players in this agency will reveal a lot more than alien conspiracies from Bureau 39.

His voice echoed around her as she forced herself to continue, certain that if she waited too long he’d get his hopes up before she dashed them to pieces. “He died,” She whispered hoarsely.

“Wha…What??”

She could feel his body stiffen against her as she continued, blinking back tears. “He was born a month early, but he seemed fine. Everything seemed fine. Then one night I put him to bed in his crib and he…never….ne..ver…..wo…ke…..woke…up…” She cried.

She expected him to pull away from her…to run. Blame her. Yell. Something. He just laid there in shock, holding her against him, “Oh, God…” He pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to hold back the wave of emotions that she was sure he was struggling with after what she’d just told him. “A…son?” His voice cracked and she winced as if she’d just been beaten.

“I’m so….so….sorry…” She cried. “I did….every…everything….they to…ld…told…me. I don’t…..know…wha…”

“Lo..is,” His voice squeaked on the last syllable as he fought to keep himself from betraying the emotions he was holding in.

She’d done it. Told him the horrible truth that had been her life for the last four years. She prepared herself for the inevitable. He would hate her. He would blame her. She hated herself every day. She’d begged and pleaded God to take her instead that morning when she’d found her perfect angel unresponsive that morning.

“Please forgive me,” She pleaded, burying her face against his chest as she cried, squinting her eyes shut as she prepared herself for the worst.

“Forgive you for what?” He asked, uncertainly, rolling over on his side so she was forced to look at him.

“I wasn’t a good…mother….” She cried. “I didn’t pro….protect him. I was ASLEEP when he was….”

“No, no, no,” He shook his head, pulling him to her. “I’m sure you did….EVERYTHING… you… could,” His voice was still shaky and she could feel the uneasiness of his embrace.

“I didn’t hear him,” She cried. “I don’t understand how I could NOT hear him….”

“Maybe….he….didn’t…make…a…noise…” He said uneasily.

“I’m so sorry, Clark,” She cried, leaning against him. He tightened his arms around her, holding her to him as she cried. She could feel his body shake against hers uncontrollably as he finally gave into the emotions he’d been holding back. She reached up, wrapping her arms around him and holding him against her chest as he cried.
So sad ...

I told you you'd cry... mecry

Originally Posted by Annie B.
“Cops! Rats! Every one of them. Someone loses their baby like that then gets treated like a criminal? It ain’t right.” Floyd muttered angrily. “Anyway, uh, if you need anything let me know…”

<<“How could you put him to bed and he just not wake up? Explain that to me…I’ve been on the force for years and there’s ALWAYS a reason…”>>
I understand why such deaths have to be investigated, because sadly there are parents who will abuse, neglect, or outright murder their children and try to blame it on SIDS, but treating a grieving parent that way just seems unnecessarily cruel.

Unfortunately, this is something that happens every day because there are so many people out there that are uneducated or untrained on how to handle situations like this.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Part 19 is up. thumbsup

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Part 20 is up.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard