Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer

Story is Here

Just a little response to a fun challenge. Took me a bit longer than I planned since I'm still trying to get back into the writing groove now that holidays are over. Hope y'all enjoy! smile

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
"Because," the second Superman explained patiently, "You weren't actually shot, thanks to your future self - me - coming back in time and saving you. See?"

Clark thought very hard about this. Time travel always made his head hurt, though so he soon gave up the effort.

Time travel would make anyone's head hurt. Especially the amount that Lois and Clark seem to do between Alt Universes and Future, Past jumping they've done. wallbash dizzy

"Twenty," the other Superman responded automatically, then quickly added, "hundred."

"Twenty hundred?" Clark echoed. "Do you mean two thousand?"

"Yes," said Superman. "That's, uh, how people talk in the future."

"Twenty hundred years from now?" Clark asked, raising an eyebrow.

Talk about a giant leap in time. shock

"So why--"

"Man, you ask a lot of questions!" Superman interrupted, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "You're even worse than my kid sister!"

Clark paused. "Kid sister?" he echoed.

Now THAT is confusing...

Superman looked up. "What?"

"You just said you had a kid sister," Clark pointed out. "I never had any brothers or sisters."

Superman suddenly had a faraway look on his face. "Neither did I," he said, sounding a bit awed, "but, suddenly, I'm starting to remember some!" He turned back to Clark, looking very alarmed. "It must be because I changed the timeline!" he said.

Yes, that explains everything....Not really. thud

"Now, hold on a minute!" said Clark. "First of all, you were trying to tell me that this was just a time loop; second of all, how would me saving my own life in the past have anything to do with me suddenly having brothers or sisters?!"

Superman started to sweat a little. "Well, there's actually a very simple explanation," he said. "You see...hey, what's that?"

peep He just got Superman'd Now he knows how Lois feels when he runs out in the middle of a conversation... wallbash

But right now, he was headed for home: his dear wife had something important to tell him, and he didn't want to be late.

Awwww.... I'm going to take a wild guess here and guess the 'important thing' is that she's pregnant. clap

Very nice. Thanks for the fun read Queen of Capes! smile

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Cute story! I'm guessing Lois is pregnant with their first child. I'm with Clark. Time travel conundrums make my head hurts too!

Nice Batman throw in!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooh! Fun! Oh, Queenie! I love all the twists in turns in just this one little story. The question now is, who knew CK=S other than Lois and the Kents in able to shoot Clark with a Kryptonite bullet when he wasn't expecting it? Is this AFTER Lex is reincarnated for the 4th time? (post canon) Or is it Batman shooting at Clark (for whatever Nor and his kin did, ala the BvS movie?)

Oh, Clark. clap That isn't you, you silly lunkhead! That's your first born child, a son! And because you weren't killed by the bullet Lois was able to have siblings for him. Hence why Superman was able to recall the little sister AFTER he saved your life and why he didn't tell you he was your son (because Clark hadn't yet learned Lois's exciting news).

Love it!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Nice paradox!

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yikes! Nothing is more difficult than trying to figure out the twists and turns of time travel. We won't even attempt to handle the grammar of such a discussion! help

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
Features Writer
What a cute fun story! I can see much like the Batman TV show of the 1960s, where younger kids took it seriously and older kids and adults found the humor, that this story will be revisited in a few years by a current 5 year old who'll see the story completely differently. Kudos! clap

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Me to WarNPeace (my 5 year old): What did you like about story?
WarNPeace: Kid Superman!
Me: Didn't you get caught up on a sentence? *I re-read the paragraph at the end to him*
WarNPeace: Batman!

For a bit after the first reading he though Lois was going to tell Clark that she was Batmom. This Was a timely story! Not only was it up in time for his Birthday, but he was also sick at ho!e with the flu, so it gave him a little something to distract from that.Thank you so much for writing this!

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mary!
Well, to answer the question: Because Lois Lane was coming down the sidewalk on his side, doused in Revenge. wink
Much to his surprise, a blue and red blur suddenly flew across the street and tackled him to the ground!
Oh my, Cloneboy’s back!

Clark might have been squished if he hadn't been Superman.
So, still working on the kinks, huh?

Superman looked very nervous. "Um...I'm...uh...I'm you!"
Oh boy.

Superman smiled at him. "Yes! That's right! I'm you from the future. I remembered someone trying to shoot me with a Kryptonite bullet, and so I came back in time to save my life."
*blinks* How is he still alive to come back to rescue himself? Or is this the paradoxon for the paradoxon, Superman knowing he will get shot because he was saved by future Superman so he can come back and save himself and now I have a headache dizzy

"If I was shot, how could I then go back in time to save myself?"
See! That. Right there!

"Because," the second Superman explained patiently, "You weren't actually shot, thanks to your future self - me - coming back in time and saving you. See?"
TEMPUS: Duh!

"If you're me from the future," Clark said, "then you should be older than me. You look too young!"
It’s not been Brutal Youth time yet, has it?

"But you look younger than me!" Clark protested.

"Kryptonians age backwards," the other Superman replied.
*blinks* Will Lois have to change his diapers? Also, she won’t be happy with an 8 y/o in her marital bed…

"Twenty hundred?" Clark echoed. "Do you mean two thousand?"

"Yes," said Superman. "That's, uh, how people talk in the future."
laugh Also, must be all that radiation, requiring more simple terms due to…well…people are less smart?
PEOPLE: Robots do working for us. We not need be smart!

"Now, hold on a minute!" said Clark. "First of all, you were trying to tell me that this was just a time loop; second of all, how would me saving my own life in the past have anything to do with me suddenly having brothers or sisters?!"
He did not fly back to Krypton and do stuff Sigmund Freud would have a field day with, did he?

Superman started to sweat a little. "Well, there's actually a very simple explanation," he said. "You see...hey, what's that?"

Clark looked where the superhero was pointing and suddenly heard a sonic boom behind him. When he turned back, the other Superman was gone.
laugh
FREUD: I see. Yes. /makes notes/

and investigate the sightings of a strange man in a bat costume.
wallbash I really need to work on that one ficlet again. /hangs head in shame/

But right now, he was headed for home: his dear wife had something important to tell him, and he didn't want to be late.
Oooooh! Lois is pregnant. With Superman’s kid sister!

What a quirky little ficlet! hyper

Originally Posted by Virginia
Oh, Clark. clap That isn't you, you silly lunkhead! That's your first born child, a son!
wallbash

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
...aaaaand back again...

Thinking about this some more and Virginia's comment really turns this story on it's ear.

Okay, we have Clark Jr., 20 years old, traveling back in time to rescue the dad he never knew, thanks to some assassin with too much alien crystals lying around. Aside from being overwhelmed at meeting his dad, he's also not really prepared with a story, jumping right in without checking the water level first-

LOIS: My son! love

-and then trying to explain things away.

You really did take a book right out of the giant library in the Citadel of Old Town.
[Linked Image]
GRRM would be soooo proud! clap notworthy

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
So ... Superman, Jr. goes back in time to save his father, thus changing all history in a moment.

H. G. Wells: It's the butterfly effect.
Yoda: Always in motion, the future is.
Wells: Even when it's the past? And what are you doing in this universe anyway?
Yoda: Boring, Dagobah is. If change the past, the future can, then ... meditate on this I must. But first, a trip to Disney World I must take.

Clark looked at the wall behind them. Sure enough, there was a small hole with a greenish glow where the bullet had landed. "But, wait a minute," he said, thinking very hard, "If I was shot, how could I then go back in time to save myself?"
Assassin: That's what I'd like to know! I know I succeeded -- except I didn't. But I did succeed! So how come I didn't? Does this mean time travel is real? (light goes in the assassin's head) Oh, the possibilities!

Great story.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks so much for the FDK, you guys! hyper

Originally Posted by Christina
Me to WarNPeace (my 5 year old): What did you like about story?
WarNPeace: Kid Superman!
Me: Didn't you get caught up on a sentence? *I re-read the paragraph at the end to him*
WarNPeace: Batman!

For a bit after the first reading he though Lois was going to tell Clark that she was Batmom. This Was a timely story! Not only was it up in time for his Birthday, but he was also sick at ho!e with the flu, so it gave him a little something to distract from that.Thank you so much for writing this!

D'aaaaaaaaw! whinging I'm glad it was on time and able to amuse him. smile It sounds to me like he's a pretty clever 5yo. wink. If he comes up with any more challenges, feel free to send them my way. laugh

~•~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great story.
I loooove the details and the intricacies of this time travel fic.(Usually, it makes my head hurt, but here, I just laughed at the ingeniousness.) BRAVA!

PS : the "If you're me from the future," Clark said, "then you should be older than me. You look too young!" cracked me up!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard