Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#275939 - 06/23/17 01:44 AM Re: Comments [Re: Morgana]
VirginiaR Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Loc: USA
Quote:
And, as a secondary also, I'd like to second that any feedback is good feedback. I mean, don't be mean. But even if all you comment on is that something is "hella dope" or even something constructively critical, any word is helpful. If you see a plothole, point it out. If you're confused, let me know. If I spelled "Clark" without an "r" seventeen times in a chapter, PLEASE let me know (I HAVE DONE IT BEFORE AND IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN). Let's get talking guys.
Good to hear from you again, Mouse. smile On that last point, I'm seriously considering creating a character named Losi, I've typed it so often. Thank goodness WORD lets us auto-replace often mis-typed words. Lois, Superman, and Clark are all on my list capitalized and with all their commonly misspellings fixed. Often when someone makes a serious gaff (such as mis-types the end of italicized indicator), I'll PM the writer to let them know of the error. That way, it won't be in the comments after they've had time to fix it. I haven't noticed any Claks pop up in a story, but I'd definitely point it out if I did.
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

#275941 - 06/23/17 02:00 AM Re: Comments [Re: VirginiaR]
Mouserocks Offline
Merriwether

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: VirginiaR
On that last point, I'm seriously considering creating a character named Losi, I've typed it so often.

rotflol That would be a delightfully confusing story. Which time did she mean Lois and which time did she mean Losi?

Quote:
I haven't noticed any Claks pop up in a story, but I'd definitely point it out if I did.

Not in these stories, but back in my Superman Returns days, when my old laptop lost the "r" key... it was rough. Clak was everywhere, that dummy. jump

#276130 - 07/03/17 04:13 PM Re: Comments [Re: Morgana]
BJ Offline
Top Banana

Loc: Georgia
Thank you, Morgana, for the post and thank you, everyone that responded. I've been away because of real life. When my daughter was born, I made a conscious decision to limit my media time. My problem is that as she has gotten older and I've started spending more time online, it's been to social media that I've turned.

However, I have been feeling more and more disenchanted with FB and have been thinking about getting away from it. The algorithms that 'push' data at me end up making my time online time-consuming and unsatisfactory. I'd be happy to switch my online time back to a supportive and accepting group.

I'm a pre-school teacher, so of course I have more free time during the summers, but hopefully I won't disappear altogether again for a while.

#276157 - 07/05/17 01:40 PM Re: Comments [Re: BJ]
folc4evernaday Offline
Kerth

Loc: Birmingham, AL
Originally Posted By: BJ
Thank you, Morgana, for the post and thank you, everyone that responded. I've been away because of real life. When my daughter was born, I made a conscious decision to limit my media time. My problem is that as she has gotten older and I've started spending more time online, it's been to social media that I've turned.

However, I have been feeling more and more disenchanted with FB and have been thinking about getting away from it. The algorithms that 'push' data at me end up making my time online time-consuming and unsatisfactory. I'd be happy to switch my online time back to a supportive and accepting group.

I'm a pre-school teacher, so of course I have more free time during the summers, but hopefully I won't disappear altogether again for a while.

Hi BJ! wave
Congrats on the baby! Yeah, FB can be darn depressing at times. Too much...everything grumble

We're more fun. You should just hang out here. thumbsup

#276168 - 07/05/17 07:28 PM Re: Comments [Re: folc4evernaday]
BJ Offline
Top Banana

Loc: Georgia
Originally Posted By: folc4evernaday

We're more fun. You should just hang out here. thumbsup

Sold!

#276477 - 07/23/17 11:27 AM Re: Comments [Re: Morgana]
Queen of the Capes Offline
Kerth

Loc: Wouldn't YOU like to know?
Well. It turns out that when I said "My life is finally stabilizing, so I'll probably post more often," what I actually meant was "I will have limited internet again and be kept too busy to do anything interesting, anyway". -_-

#276486 - 07/23/17 06:48 PM Re: Comments [Re: Morgana]
dcarson Offline
Beat Reporter

Loc: MD, USA
You should know better then to tempt Murphy.

#276507 - 07/25/17 10:18 AM Re: Comments [Re: Queen of the Capes]
VirginiaR Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Queen of the Capes
Well. It turns out that when I said "My life is finally stabilizing, so I'll probably post more often," what I actually meant was "I will have limited internet again and be kept too busy to do anything interesting, anyway". -_-
Sorry to hear that, QoC. That must be frustrating for you. We're happy to get your posts / updates whenever you can post.
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

#276825 - 08/23/17 09:03 PM Re: Comments [Re: Morgana]
Lady Loisette Offline
Hack from Nowheresville

Hello everyone! wave

I haven't been here in a very long time, since sometime last year My reason for being absent so long was due to computer related issues which began late last year. The most severe of them being the complete and total death of my computer's hard drive in January which left me with a non-functioning computer. Finally, after many delays and other issues related to resolving the hard drive problem I now once again have a functioning computer and am slowly trying to get back into things which I have been away from while trying to deal with all of my computer problems.

For a while my computer time will be limited to the evenings because the A/C is currently broken and during the daytime it is simply too hot to use the computer or to even be in the room where the computer is located most of the time. Hopefully it won't be too much longer until the A/C is fixed and until then I'll try to find some time during the evenings to come here.

Edited by Lady Loisette (08/23/17 09:04 PM)

#276828 - 08/24/17 07:16 AM Re: Comments [Re: Morgana]
Lynn S. M. Offline
Pulitzer

Loc: Delaware
Hi Lady Loisette,

Welcome back. I hope things settle down soon for you. IN the meantime...

Keep cool,
Lynn

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Karen, YConnell