Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#273040 12/16/16 05:44 PM
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Greetings everyone! We are expecting freezing ice in a few hours so my hubby and I are going out for provisions! Hence this posting is a little rushed.

Thanks so much to Groobie for giving me a snippet of "Napoleon and his Ladies", by Guy Breton. It provides a rather funny story about the French Emperor, Joesphine... and her dog. goofy

Comments as always are welcome!

Last edited by Morgana; 12/16/16 08:17 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
OK, looks like the ultimate showdown is coming; I wonder if Tempus is ready for two Clarks...?

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Marcus Rowland

OK, looks like the ultimate showdown is coming; I wonder if Tempus is ready for two Clarks...?

Thanks so much for the feedback Marcus!

Two Clarks? Isn't one enough? grin

The showdown will be different in several ways; think about his debut at the train station. The question is; will Clark and his friends be able to cope?

Last edited by Morgana; 12/17/16 01:32 PM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Another very enjoyable chapter moving the story forward. We have to be getting close to the climax of the story and I can't wait!

I just loved the part at the end when Ellen tells Lois they need to meet Clark and Lois likens it to when she was picked up by her Senior Prom date in high school and her father attempted to terrify him. That sounds like it would be fun!! Though probably not for Clark...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Kerth
Kerth
LOL...I'm glad you were able to use the story about Napoleon's wedding night. laugh The parallels between your Lana and Josephine hit a little too close to home. The relationship began more like a transaction than a romance, with both getting something from the other - social connections and an escape from poverty. But in the end, they appear to have truly loved one another, as Gregory seems to love Lana. And yet, Napoleon cheated on Josephine throughout their marriage, so Lana had better be on the lookout for the next young thing to come around the corner.

Great developments throughout this chapter. The plot is coming towards a climax, and Lois and Clark are moving closer to each other. I'm happy I was able to catch up with the story today and looking forward to the next part. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Groobie

As Marcus mentioned earlier the showdown is coming with the next part! But before that happens, it always nice to put a little side point or two into a part.

LOL...I'm glad you were able to use the story about Napoleon's wedding night.

Originally the plan was to mention his retreat from Russia or Waterloo, but I decided on something lighter, and when you mentioned knowing quite a bit about the French Emperor it was a natural fit! It was funny to read how he and Josephine were wed, their coronation years later as Emperor and Empress more than made up for it!

The parallels between your Lana and Josephine hit a little too close to home. The relationship began more like a transaction than a romance, with both getting something from the other - social connections and an escape from poverty. But in the end, they appear to have truly loved one another, as Gregory seems to love Lana.

Agreed. Lana wanted money to finance her expedition and Gregory wants an heir. Along the way, they have become more than a little fond of each other.

And yet, Napoleon cheated on Josephine throughout their marriage, so Lana had better be on the lookout for the next young thing to come around the corner.

No that won't happen in this case; Gregory has been a villian, but oddly enough he holds true to his marriage vows. In the very beginning when Arianna threw herself at him, Gregory stated quite clearly that having an affair with a married woman was beneath him. Despite how they got together, this unusual couple will stay together.

Great developments throughout this chapter. The plot is coming towards a climax, and Lois and Clark are moving closer to each other. I'm happy I was able to catch up with the story today and looking forward to the next part.

That means a lot to me. Everyone is busy, but it is great whenever someone drops a line of appreciation! party

Morgana

Features Writer
Features Writer
Another great chapter. Loved the humor interspersed with the story of Napoleon, Josephine & her dog, and the ending scene at the Lanes. This Lois's family seems much more normal than canon Lois's.

Great scene with Wanda, CJ and Wells planning on protecting Clark and his secret.

Lana is definitely a piece of work. While it's understandable that she wants to protect her husband, she's still in bulldoze over Clark mode. I'm imagining a two-for-one in the following chapters with both Tempus and Lana prevented from exposing Clark by the same set of circumstances would be fun. laugh

Last edited by cuidadora; 12/25/16 09:17 PM.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ciudadora

Another great chapter. Loved the humor interspersed with the story of Napoleon, Josephine & her dog, and the ending scene at the Lanes. This Lois's family seems much more normal than canon Lois's.

Oh my goodness! Everyone liked that part! clap

Morgana

Top Banana
Top Banana
They had just finished a sumptuous meal of hashed Brussels sprouts with lemon, brown rice and sautéed chicken breasts.
I had my sister, who is a chef, read this story because of the food descriptions, and she said that you almost make Brussels sprouts sound edible. (This is a high compliment from someone who hates that vegetable so much that she once rolled them under the stove to make Mom think she'd eaten them. A few days later, a horrible smell arose from the underside of the stove as they rotted. Mom never tried to force her to eat anything again.)

My sister also asked if you're a chef, too.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
AnnieB

I had my sister, who is a chef, read this story because of the food descriptions, and she said that you almost make Brussels sprouts sound edible. (This is a high compliment from someone who hates that vegetable so much that she once rolled them under the stove to make Mom think she'd eaten them. A few days later, a horrible smell arose from the underside of the stove as they rotted. Mom never tried to force her to eat anything again.)

My sister also asked if you're a chef, too.

Oh, what a lovely compliment!

I am not a chef, but my hubby loves Brussels Sprouts and this recipe was not bad at all. Thank goodness for the NY Times Food section.

WOW! Your sister really dislikes that veggie!

Morgana

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard