Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#272906 12/06/16 02:35 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm totally blaming this one on cuidadora's "Mission on 5th" story. You inspired me to take a whack at basing a story around Mike. Thank you for that!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Wow!!! I am in love with this story! I've been tossing this sort of story around for a long time, getting hung up on the "El" part of Clark/Kal-El's name (it means god/deity in Hebrew.) As Christianity claims it's roots in Judaism, I couldn't get past that particular hurdle for the story to work. Here you did it perfectly! And it came out just in time too, with angels playing a pretty good role in Christmas.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh I love, love, love this story!! How fabulous that Mike's assignment continues on in the hereafter. What a compliment to have my story inspire such a wonderful one! Thank YOU!
[Linked Image]

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What a sweet story! And what a difficult assignment! Mike must fly faster than Superman, darting back and forth between Metropolis and Kansas for a good 18 years. It only makes sense that he's watching them both. That would explain their misteps; when he was off helping one of them, the other would land into federal disaster of his/her own making. How frustrating it must've been for him (along with satisfying).

I don't know how well Lois will do at assisting someone without getting any credit, but then again, she probably got used to that with Clark.

Beautiful story. I like how you fleshed out Mike's character.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Christina
Wow!!! I am in love with this story! I've been tossing this sort of story around for a long time, getting hung up on the "El" part of Clark/Kal-El's name (it means god/deity in Hebrew.) As Christianity claims it's roots in Judaism, I couldn't get past that particular hurdle for the story to work. Here you did it perfectly! And it came out just in time too, with angels playing a pretty good role in Christmas.

Glad you enjoyed it! I do hope you find the angle you're looking for to write yours. I had no idea about the "El" meaning in Hebrew, but it's interesting! Of course, in Kryptonian, it could mean something like "yellow." wink

I did purposefully make an effort to get this up before Christmas, for exactly the reason you mentioned - the role of angels in both.

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Oh I love, love, love this story!! How fabulous that Mike's assignment continues on in the hereafter. What a compliment to have my story inspire such a wonderful one! Thank YOU!
[Linked Image]

SO glad you liked it! I really, really appreciate the role you played in planting this seed in my brain.

I figure Mike was a protector or counselor in life, so he continues that role (very well, I think!) in the afterlife. He does seem to love his job, doesn't he? smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
What a sweet story! And what a difficult assignment! Mike must fly faster than Superman, darting back and forth between Metropolis and Kansas for a good 18 years. It only makes sense that he's watching them both. That would explain their misteps; when he was off helping one of them, the other would land into federal disaster of his/her own making. How frustrating it must've been for him (along with satisfying).

I don't know how well Lois will do at assisting someone without getting any credit, but then again, she probably got used to that with Clark.

Beautiful story. I like how you fleshed out Mike's character.

Glad you enjoyed it. I always get nervous touching on religion in my stories, because I know it's not everyone's cup of tea. But the show definitely broached the subject first with Mike and his heavenly origins.

I don't envy Mike at all, having to split his time between a young Lois and Clark. Though I dare imagine Lois kept him way busier than Clark did! I agree with you on the missteps. It would explain a lot of Lois' disastrous relationships. Makes me wonder who was keeping Mike busy during the whole Luthor fiasco! laugh

I see Lois as craving/loving the attention and credit as a reporter, but being content to be the woman in the shadows while Superman shines. She'd have to be okay with that in order to have a successful marriage with Clark.

Thanks for reading! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Top Banana
Top Banana
Traditionally in Kryptionian, 'El' means star and 'Kal' means child - so Kal El would be 'Star Child'. However, extending the meaning of El - 'Child of God'. (Also, traditionally, Krypton's creator god was named Rao and so was their star.) dance

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Dandello
Traditionally in Kryptionian, 'El' means star and 'Kal' means child - so Kal El would be 'Star Child'. However, extending the meaning of El - 'Child of God'. (Also, traditionally, Krypton's creator god was named Rao and so was their star.) dance

Thanks for the info! I knew about Rao from AnitK, from a fic she beta'd for me, but I had no idea about the "Star Child" meaning. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
This was a very sweet story, and certainly appropriately timed for the season. smile My favorite part was actually in the beginning, with the thought that if there is a heaven, that it's open to everyone, regardless of the planet you are from. That your God is inclusive, and that everyone needs guidance, love, and support. Happy thoughts in the face of the current negativity in the world. Of course, the Flying Spaghetti Monster embraces everyone with His Noodly Appendages as well. laugh

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
This was a very sweet story, and certainly appropriately timed for the season. smile My favorite part was actually in the beginning, with the thought that if there is a heaven, that it's open to everyone, regardless of the planet you are from. That your God is inclusive, and that everyone needs guidance, love, and support. Happy thoughts in the face of the current negativity in the world. Of course, the Flying Spaghetti Monster embraces everyone with His Noodly Appendages as well. laugh

Thanks, Susan! It was kind of fun to write the first part, especially between God and Mike. The all inclusiveness definitely stems from my own beliefs - all good people get to Heaven. (How can we be taught that a loving God who created all can turn any good person away, just because of where they are from/what they believe - or don't?) And yes, pets too!!! smile

I'm glad you got happy thoughts from it. Yes, especially in the current negativity and doom-and-gloom of the world/news. While my muse does enjoy the dark tales, it's nice to come up for a breath of fresh air and write something happy.

I cannot stop laughing at the mental image of "Noodly Appendages." Cherry Coke has gone into my nose as a result. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki!
Summary: An angel's work is never done. And this new assignment will be the hardest one of Mike's career.
MIKE: The next reporter I get, I’ll *quit*!

Two of his charges had given birth and needed his reassurance as they'd entered the hospital. The first had been Hannah, a seventeen year old girl who'd had no one to be her support system.
Yes, he sure does sound like a great guardian angel.
LOIS: Ya think? /Points at the clone. At the Wedding Destroyer. At the quack./

"Mike, I have a new assignment for you," the Lord said at length.
Oh, I know! God made a bet with Rao, that there wouldn’t be a good fit for a Kryptonian on Earth, huh?

He wasn't opposed to being Guardian to someone not born of Earth. He was open to just about anything. But he feared the unknowns that went hand in hand with working with someone who had the potential to be so different than what he was used to.
Yes, it should prove to be quite a challenge to get the little alien into trouble. At least, until he’s a teen and there’s powers to play with.

"But, Sir! Those alone might cause the humans to...to view him as...a god!" It was almost painful to give voice to that blasphemous idea.
Well…it’s been millennia since living gods walked amongst them.
RA: And hadn’t they buried the Chappa'a, we still would…
HERCULES: Speak for yourself, snakehead. I’m still on Earth, although it’s become much more…dirty since the olden days.
APHRODITE: But there’s so much more *fun* now when they put on entertainment.
ARES: And violence. Remember that red wedding from a couple of years ago?

"She will be a handful," God warned. "I'm not done crafting her spirit quite yet. But Lois will be made of fire and passion.
[Linked Image] Fire made flesh!

she will be content to be the woman in the shadows, someone the world never sees.
LOIS: cat What does he mean, I won’t win the Pulitzer?

"She is the only soul I have ever created who is Kal-El's equal," the Boss agreed with a nod. "In fact, aside from Jonathan and Martha, she will be his greatest ally and protector. And, in turn, he will be hers."
Umm…I just realized, what about ‘Soul Mates’?

"Few amongst the great loves are ever easy,"
Romeo and Juliet. Othello and Desdemonda. Oedipus and Jocasta. Cleopatra and Marcus Antonius. Anakin and Padme. Jon and Ygritte. Jamie and Cersei.

Because, really, how hard could watching over these two possibly be?
He’s probably going to retire after they’re married.

Lois grinned impishly. "We've been called to become Guardian Angels, like you. In fact, we've been assigned to train with you."
MIKE: help

"But, you've both done so much good already. I thought for sure that you'd enjoy at least a long period of rest before something like this," Mike stammered.
GOD: Yes, so? He may be good at shepherding, doesn’t mean he’s the best judge of character.

Cute one!

:wave; Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
MIKE: The next reporter I get, I’ll *quit*!

Other angels: Can...can he *do* that?

LOIS: Ya think? /Points at the clone. At the Wedding Destroyer. At the quack./

Mike: *shrugs* Everyone makes mistakes.

At least, until he’s a teen and there’s powers to play with.

Or an adult with a Lois dangling in front of him. Drunk on love. In a harem outfit.

ARES: And violence. Remember that red wedding from a couple of years ago?

Athena: I preferred the Purple Wedding. Little snot had it coming.
God of Death: Please, Athena. Not today.
Many Faced God: Will No One shut up?

Umm…I just realized, what about ‘Soul Mates’?

Maybe it works like recycling? Same basic soul, different new product?

Romeo and Juliet. Othello and Desdemonda. Oedipus and Jocasta. Cleopatra and Marcus Antonius. Anakin and Padme. Jon and Ygritte. Jamie and Cersei.

Joffery and himself. Margery and any of her three husbands.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Mike: *shrugs* Everyone makes mistakes.
SUPERIOR: /open up thick ledger/ Now, for your centennial performance review…

Or an adult with a Lois dangling in front of him. Drunk on love. In a harem outfit.
[Linked Image]

Athena: I preferred the Purple Wedding. Little snot had it coming.
God of Death: Please, Athena. Not today.
Many Faced God: Will No One shut up?
rotflol

Maybe it works like recycling? Same basic soul, different new product?
laugh Let’s hope they don’t mix the waste in the batter. Like Lex’s soul.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So long as it’s not her diary?
LOIS: I don’t have a diary. I just note down my very *personal* recollections and introspections about my daily affairs.

Mike: Erm...you know what? I think I left the stove on at home. Yeah... <zooms off>

Let’s hope they don’t mix the waste in the batter. Like Lex’s soul.

Quality Review Person: Wait a second...says here...Lex never had a soul. Trevor! You are SO fired!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Quality Review Person: Wait a second...says here...Lex never had a soul. Trevor! You are SO fired!
Must be sooo awkward when you put one of them together and realize you got a couple of spare parts left and no idea where they should have gone.

wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard