Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I've always loved everyone's reactions to that first secret admirer gift the Prankster sent, and I had to jump on the chance here to delve into that a bit. Also, I've never much cared for Mayson before, but this watch-through I find I'm actually liking her a bit (at least until 'The Eyes Have It,' grr).

Hope you enjoy!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
25 - Heartbreaking. Everyone knows how Clark feels about Lois, and how cheesy he can be (even if he doesn't admit it to himself), but he knows the truth. He doesn't have the guts to risk his heart a second time. This only means that there's someone out there who might get her attention before he builds up the courage to be more than just a friend again. I love this, especially the last line. Perfectly captured the moment.

26- Oh, I could just feel Mayson's heart swelling in love for Clark. In that instant, she saw everything good about him, everything that Lois didn't notice in a year of being his partner. You have to admire Mayson for that. She never had blinders on when it came to Clark. Just reading her thoughts and perceptions, I'm falling in love with all over again. He's really that irresistible.

27 - Jimmy sure has come far in the past year. From glorified gofer to the heart of a newsman. He's earned Perry's respect. I'm betting that's not as easy a task as Lois and Clark have made it seem. Good for him!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
25 was a lot of fun to write -- I was chuckling over it, but when I reached that last line, it did make me sad. Clark wants the romantic relationship with Lois, but it does have to be hard imagining opening himself up to her so soon after the last time! Mayson isn't my favorite, but I have to admit to liking her a lot through this drabble. Clark really is very easy to love, isn't he? (Really, is anything a stronger proof of Lois's strength of will than that she resisted so long? goofy) I love Jimmy, and it was nice to get to see him through Perry's exhausted but proud eyes here.

Thanks!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard