Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
There is a lot going on in this part! Most of all, the lawyers take center stage! help

Comments are most welcome.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow, you weren't kidding about A LOT happening here! thumbsup

I'm delighted to see this Clark gently yet firmly let Wanda know he was in charge of the timetable in telling his Lois about Superman. He's come so far from the former brow beaten reserved boyfriend of Lana. Yay Clark! clap

The contrasts between Perry and James, and James and Constance are wonderful. In a few words you convey vivid portraits.

Oh I love when Constance takes on the "big boys" with the bigger egos and wins! She played them like a well-tuned instrument. Would love to see her and Lois in a poker game!

Looking forward to the next chapter.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ciudadora

First off, thanks so much for commenting! It means a great deal to me when I hear from readers.

Wow, you weren't kidding about A LOT happening here! thumbsup

Yes! As we get closer to the end of the story the parts are getting longer and more 'stuff' will happen!

I'm delighted to see this Clark gently yet firmly let Wanda know he was in charge of the timetable in telling his Lois about Superman. He's come so far from the former brow beaten reserved boyfriend of Lana. Yay Clark!

He did have to make a stand. After all, this is his world and his relationship with Lois is different from the one 'CJ' and 'Wanda' experienced. Nonetheless, 'Wanda' did have a point, she wanted alt Lois to avoid the pain and confusion she suffered.

The contrasts between Perry and James, and James and Constance are wonderful. In a few words you convey vivid portraits.

Yay! clap You caught that! Perry considers James - despite being the owner of the Daily Planet and his boss - a wet-behind-the-ears rookie in the newspaper game whose presence in the newsroom is respectfully tolerated. Whereas Constance is a corporate player, much more suited to life in the corridors of power rather than in the trenches. Besides she works closely with James in the day to day running of the paper, so he is more comfortable with her than with Perry.

Oh I love when Constance takes on the "big boys" with the bigger egos and wins! She played them like a well-tuned instrument. Would love to see her and Lois in a poker game!

Sebastian Kell got a lot more than he bargained for when dealing with Constance!

Poker? Hmmm...

You will enjoy the next part!

Last edited by Morgana; 12/15/16 08:13 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
A very enjoyable chapter with rescues, trip to Smallville, visit by H.G., CJ, and Wanda, re-instatement to Daily Planet, Clark meets Linda, and the lawyers duel!

One should never underestimate Constance. Claude did, James actually has, and now TresAx and their lawyers have. I would say that Lois should work with her like she did with Catherine but I believe her non-chic look is one of the reasons people underestimate her, much to their discomfort eventually.

Again a great chapter!

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
MikeM

One should never underestimate Constance. Claude did, James actually has, and now TresAx and their lawyers have. I would say that Lois should work with her like she did with Catherine but I believe her non-chic look is one of the reasons people underestimate her, much to their discomfort eventually.

Sometimes we underestimate people because they look or act a certain way. Constance is a combination of the character from Lois and Clark and a woman I worked with back in the eighties. Everyone discounted her because of her lack of fashion sense and was placed in the back office away from the 'suits'. Her boss received accolades that rightfully belonged to her, she was content with the situation, until the day a well-deserved raise and promotion was denied for weak reasons. She threatened to quit. Boy, I have never seen anyone as nervous as that man! Needless to say the promotion was given.

Constance surprised everyone with her knowledge and wits. Sebastian Kell will treat such folks with respect in the future!

Morgana

Kerth
Kerth
“Compliments are very nice, nonetheless I expect to see a decent bump in my salary after this is over.”
Ha! Ain't that the truth? laugh Constance has been a great character in this story. I hope this Clark does take Wanda's advice and doesn't drag out the revelation of his secret forever. I feel like this Lois is already in a better place emotionally to process the idea and embrace both sides of him equally.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Groobie

Ha! Ain't that the truth? laugh Constance has been a great character in this story.

My goodness! Constance has received a lot of kudos! She is definitely a Legal Eagle, just what the Daily Planet and James need right now.

Constance: Now about that raise James ...

James: Absolutely! As soon as the last article is printed!

Clark will tell Lois everything when the time is right. Still I am very glad that everyone is picking up on the fact that alt Lois is in a better place emotionally. Paul and Claude may have been heels, but thankfully her Dad, Uncle Mike and Perry are decent men who have treated her fairly and with dignity.

Morgana

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard