Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Aha! Between not one, but two sources, Lois now has what she needs to start writing a fantastic story! dance

But what about Clark? help

Starting today posting will only be once a week until this story is done. Between the demands of an increasing work schedule and real life that's the best I can do. So enjoy!

Comments are always welcomed!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
The conspiracy story is beginning to come together.

I realize here it is used for dramatic purposes but I have always wondered about the idea often put forth in the Lois and Clark universe (mostly by Perry) that the Daily Planet needed to have legally admissible facts with folks willing to stand up in court and testify in order to print a story. The idea that they had to legally prove guilt seems a bit far fetched for newspaper reporters. Normally they could print based upon a paper trail that substantially supported the story they printed (which Lois has in spades here). So many stories are printed based upon 'sources close to the matter'(witness Watergate for instance). The burden of legally proving the guilt, to me, is a police matter.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
MikeM

I realize here it is used for dramatic purposes but I have always wondered about the idea often put forth in the Lois and Clark universe (mostly by Perry) that the Daily Planet needed to have legally admissible facts with folks willing to stand up in court and testify in order to print a story. The idea that they had to legally prove guilt seems a bit far fetched for newspaper reporters. Normally they could print based upon a paper trail that substantially supported the story they printed (which Lois has in spades here). So many stories are printed based upon 'sources close to the matter'(witness Watergate for instance). The burden of legally proving the guilt, to me, is a police matter.

I always wondered about Perry's determination that every investigative story have cold hard facts to back this up. Since this is an alternative universe the Daily Planet needs evidence to back up their story. It is briefly mentioned in this story that Perry got his job as Senior Editor because the previous editor, Mr. Krebs, allowed a story by Ralph Lombard to be printed, the facts were incorrect. The Daily Planet narrowly missed getting seriously sued. Krebs was allowed to go into early retirement and Ralph was banished to the morgue for a few years.

Such an unpleasant experience made Perry determined to never have something like that happen on his watch – hence the need for evidence.

Lois is simply following the lead of her boss and editor. Since they will be going up against big guns with deep pockets like LexCorp and DMG they need to have their ducks in a row.

In our world it is decidedly different. Thank goodness Woodward and Bernstein listened to their source and ran with the story!

This was a interesting topic to bring up. Kudos!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
How sweet! I love that Clark had a coffee delivered to Lois. He may not be ready to move forward with a relationship, but he sure is laying the groundwork, unconsciously or not. wink
Lois rolled her eyes and retorted, “Work has kept me out of the salon.
Bwaaahaaahaaa! Great dig!

Rivals working together to bring everyone down. smile This story is great because it isn't just about Lois and Clark. There are many hard working characters in Metropolis, and you've done a brilliant job in bringing them all together.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Groobie

How sweet! I love that Clark had a coffee delivered to Lois. He may not be ready to move forward with a relationship, but he sure is laying the groundwork, unconsciously or not. wink

LOL! Of course! What better way to stay close to the woman? By the way, this time he did not go to Paris for coffee and croissant, but Boston!

Quote:
Lois rolled her eyes and retorted, “Work has kept me out of the salon.

Bwaaahaaahaaa! Great dig!

No matter what, Linda cannot resist a chance to put Lois down! clap

Rivals working together to bring everyone down. smile This story is great because it isn't just about Lois and Clark. There are many hard working characters in Metropolis, and you've done a brilliant job in bringing them all together.

Thank you! The newspaper is about more than just five people just as a city is more than one neighborhood. Expanding Lois and Clark's world is important to the story as a whole!

Morgana

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, everything is coming together!!!

There was definitely an air of excitement while reading this chapter. You can feel the story really moving along. Pieces falling into place. Things are happening quickly.

Now that all of this information is coming together, it will be really exciting to see how these last chapters unfold. I'm excited and optimistic that things are going to work out well for Clark and his career, along with Lois and Clark getting together. But my gut is telling me that things could get pretty harrowing before they get better.

Wonderful job!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 01/26/17 03:02 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
LMA

Now that all of this information is coming together, it will be really exciting to see how these last chapters unfold. I'm excited and optimistic that things are going to work out well for Clark and his career, along with Lois and Clark getting together. But my gut is telling me that things could get pretty harrowing before they get better.

Oh yeah! shock

Morgana

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
thud hyper thumbsup

Can't wait to read more!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard