Print Thread
#272721 11/17/16 07:53 AM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder.

This story brings Season 2 to a close. For a story that wasn't supposed to get a sequel, At First Sight really has generated a lot of them!

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I adore these little peeks into the characters' minds. When Lois doesn't immediately revive, it really does have to be some of the scariest moments of Clark's life. I live that you have him so very aware that he's so busy protecting her from the bad guys that he's never considered that he himself could cause her harm. As always, nicely handled!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Thanks, DC! These stories are a fun little challenge for me... I like ferreting out aspects of the episodes that don't get much attention. They've had an interesting side effect- I find it a lot easier to write Clark in my other stories now.

Quick note- I changed a word in the story as it was bugging me

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
[quote][She almost gave her life for me. How can I do less than offer her my heart and soul?

Now I’m back, standing in front of her door. I take a deep breath and pat my pocket, making sure that the small velvet box is still safe before I raise my hand to knock.

I’m going to do it.

I’m going to ask Lois to marry me.

And then I’m going to tell her about Superman.
/quote]

So nice to see a positive, happy Clark! Yes, Lois proved once and for all how much she truly cared for him by sacrificing her life to save his parents. What better proof of true, lasting love?

As DC said, seeing these glimpses into Clark's mind let's the reader know how difficult it is for him to be who he is, but that there's a fantastic support system!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
jawdrop um... Clark? You have those two scenarios backwards.

Yes, himself causing Lois harm must be his ultimate nightmare. You showed his fear, his realization at what he had just done, what she was willing to sacrifice for him, smack him aside his head. You clarify his thought process, so that it seems a foregone conclusion that, of course, his next step would have to be him asking her to marry him. Yes, totally forgetting that telling her his super big secret might work equally well as proof of his love for her. clap

I love these little vignettes into Clark's thought process. You use your spotlight well.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Originally Posted by Morgana
So nice to see a positive, happy Clark!
I couldn't resist. I've written so much angst for Clark lately (between these stories and Unmasked), it was about time he got happy lol. I could've easily written another dose of angst, but the missing scene in ATAI always gets me. He finally knows that she loves him just as much as he loves her- it has to be one of the happiest moments in his life.

VirginiaR- Thanks blush. And you're right on so many levels. While I do understand his motivation of wanting to know that he's loved for who he is before telling Lois his secret, he knows that now- she couldn't have made it any plainer. Telling her his secret should've come before proposing. What if she'd said yes? She would've done so without knowing what she was getting herself into, and if it turned out that that's not what she wanted, I think it would be worse for her to break the engagement than if she'd just said no in the first place.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. If it wasn't for you spurring me on, I doubt At First Sight would've received a sequel- let alone two season's worth of them!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard