#272699 11/16/16 02:55 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Feedback makes my muse happy. hyper

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I have been meaning to comment on this story for awhile. It is rare to see stories about Clark as a teenager, so glad you wrote this one!

John was a bully, but Clark still wanted to apologize for getting him in trouble. classic and classy Clark!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Morgana #272765 11/21/16 03:08 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
I have been meaning to comment on this story for awhile. It is rare to see stories about Clark as a teenager, so glad you wrote this one!

John was a bully, but Clark still wanted to apologize for getting him in trouble. classic and classy Clark!

Thanks for stopping in! I get it, RL can get in the way. I feel like it's always something over here. Especially now, with the holidays coming up.

To be honest, I'm not even sure how this little nugget took shape in my head, but it's always fun to explore Clark's younger, pre-Lois years. smile

And I figured, with the way Clark was raised, *not* apologizing and checking in on John would never have crossed his mind.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
It feels like this story really could be part of Clark's backstory. The core of who Clark is as an adult is still here as a teenager - his wanting to stand up for what is right. His powers cause unintended consequences, and the fear that he could hurt someone again accidentally would cause him to hold back as he grew into adulthood. The balance between wanting to help and being afraid to ultimately makes his decision to become Superman all that more heroic. Good job!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
groobie #272985 12/13/16 01:57 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
It feels like this story really could be part of Clark's backstory. The core of who Clark is as an adult is still here as a teenager - his wanting to stand up for what is right. His powers cause unintended consequences, and the fear that he could hurt someone again accidentally would cause him to hold back as he grew into adulthood. The balance between wanting to help and being afraid to ultimately makes his decision to become Superman all that more heroic. Good job!

Thanks! I'm glad it came off as something you could believe actually happened to Clark. I definitely feel like he would have the same fears and morals since childhood all throughout his life. An incident like this would fuel his desire to never let anyone ever know about his powers/that Clark is Superman, once the hero is born.

Glad you liked it! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard