Ghost From The Past
Folc4evernaday
Part 9

Notes: Hope everyone's enjoying the story so far. FDK appreciated as always. This is it for this week I think...

Present Day…

“Can you let go of my ear now?” Jimmy whined, trying to pull himself out of Martha’s grasp.

She seemed to realize she still had a hold on Jimmy and released him, turning her attention back to Lois and Perry. “What is going on?”

Perry stood up, motioning for her to come in, “Jimmy, why don’t you give us a minute?”

“Seriously?” Jimmy asked in disbelief.

“Seriously,” Perry said, pointing at the door for him to leave. He sighed and left, muttering something about never being a part of the action as Perry closed the door. He looked towards the couch where Lois had taken a seat and wore a grim look, “You probably want to take a seat,”

“I’ll stand,” Martha said, crossing her arms over her chest. “What’s going on? Where’s Clark?”

“I found him in the newsroom this morning…ragged…looked like hell.”

Perry began. Martha’s face filled with anger. “Why did you call anyone?”

“I did,” He looked towards the conference room to the left of his office, “He’s talking with Dr. Helene Friskin…”

“A shrink?” Martha asked aghast, familiar with the doctor’s name. “My son doesn’t need a SHRINK! He needs to be home with the people who love him…”

“Martha, he doesn’t remember what HOME is…” Lois interrupted softly.

“What?” Martha asked, looking at Lois like she’d just punched him in the gut.

Perry nodded, “He has no idea who he is right now. He just knows he felt …safe…here. When he got here he was looking for Lois.”

“So he does remember SOMETHING…” Martha began hopefully.

“Honestly, I don’t know,” Perry shook his head. “This whole thing is so bizarre and messed up. I don’t even know where to begin. Clark’s memory is shaky at best right now.”

Martha turned to Lois, “Have you seen him?” She asked quietly, taking a seat next to her.

Lois was holding back tears, “No,” she managed to squeak out.

Martha took her hand, hesitantly. “If he remembers you then you need to be the one to see him…talk to him…help him.” Her voice was shaking as she spoke. Everything she was saying was true but it tore her up that she couldn’t be the one to help her son right now…her son that she’d searched for... for five years. Perry stepped out of the office, leaving the two of them alone for a moment.

The last of Lois’ resolve seemed to melt and she began to cry, “I don’t know if I can do this….I don’t know if I’m strong enough…”

“You are…and you will…” Martha said, holding her close, “He needs you…”

“I know, but he was so much better at this than I am…I NEED HIM…” Lois cried.

“Lois, you are the strongest woman I have ever met. After everything, you’ve been through…Hasn’t the last five years taught you anything?” She turned Lois’ face to look at her, “You can do this.”

Six Years Ago…

Lois had her feet propped up on the dashboard as the music played, leaning back against the leather seat. She could feel her shorts sticking to her thighs from the heat and her back was causing her sleeveless top to stick to her back. Clark was driving his truck and they were headed to ‘Smallville’. She had no idea how she’d gotten talked into spending a whole weekend in the country but it was too late to change her mind. Maybe she’d surprise herself and actually enjoy herself. She glanced at him appreciatively. He seemed to fill everything so perfectly. He wore a blue t-shirt and khaki shorts and sunglasses, replacing his usual brown rimmed glasses. He looked so different without his glasses…

She got it all
My heart, my soul, my wishes
All of my love, my hugs, my kisses
Everything that means anything at all
All of my life I've spent a hopin'
I could give someone such devotion
Every sweet memory I can recall
She got it all

After their fiasco with Roarke, they had called the police to report what happened. A Detective Henderson had handled the case and helped them stop Roarke and his man ‘Burt’ at the airport. Roarke had been furious his tidal wave hadn’t worked. They had enough material for at least three follow-ups and they even got to share a byline with their own Editor in Chief, Perry White. It had been a group effort on all of their parts.

Lois had been surprised when Perry had let them take the lead on the follow-ups a few days later and even more surprised when their follow-up on the murder of Congressman Ian Harrington had landed her and Clark’s first byline without any other senior journalists tied to it had landed them on the front page of the Daily Planet. Clark had taken her out to celebrate and they’d been given a three-day weekend by their Editor in Chief to ‘relax and enjoy themselves.’

“We should be there within the hour,” Clark mentioned, holding her hand as they came to a stop at the railroad where a train was passing by.

You know that I admit
That someone to love like this
Only existed in my prayers
Until I saw her face
I knew I'd found the place
Where I could keep my every faith eternally 'cause

Lois stared at the train as it passed by, “How long is this going to take?”

“It takes as long as it takes,” Clark sighed.

“We’ve been here forever…”

“Two minutes,” He corrected.

She got it all
My heart, my soul, my wishes
Everything that means anything at all
She got it all

“Same difference,” She shot back impatiently. “I just want to get out and stretch my legs,”

He eyed her legs appreciatively and smiled, “There’ll be plenty of time for that later.” She shook her head and he smiled, “It always takes people from the city a while to decompress.”

“I could think of a lot better ways to decompress than staring at a train that’s ten miles long going through this intersection at two miles an hour.” Lois shot back.

All of my heart, my soul, my wishes
Everything sweet memory I can recall
She got it all
She's got it all

“It's almost done…” He reassured her, rubbing her back. She turned to look towards the train which was almost done blocking the intersection. She felt a cool breeze on her back and shuddered slightly.

“Where’d that breeze come from?” She asked, fanning herself.

“I don’t know…” He shrugged. “Felt good, though?”

“Oh, yeah,” She nodded, turning back to him as the railroad crossing lights stopped blinking and the level crossing, blocking them from entering the railroad lifted up. “Let’s go,”

“Yes, ma’am,” He smiled, shifting the truck into drive and headed towards the sign that read ‘Smallville 70 miles ahead’.

Clark parked the truck outside a diner and stepped out of the truck. She unbuckled her seatbelt and turned as Clark opened the door for her, offering his hand as she climbed out of the truck. “We’ll grab something to eat then head over to the farm and unpack. Mom said dad’s gonna be helping Masie out with the broken water heater and mom’s helping Rachel out with the Corn Festival plans….so we have some time to kill.”

“Good!” Lois sighed, “I’m starving…Did you say CORN Festival?”

He laughed at her expression as they walked through the crowd of people outside the diner, “I think we better take a seat outside.” At her look, he continued, “Yes, the annual Smallville Corn Festival.”

Lois looked at him skeptically, “Do I want to know?”

He smiled half teasing, “Sure, I’ll bring you out here after graduation and you can see the Corn Queen Pagent. The Husk off. The Corn-o-Rama. Popcorn, creamed corn, corn-on-the-cobb…It’ll be a corn-a-rific time…” He managed to say without laughing.

She laughed, “Be still my heart!”

He laughed, unable to hold it in. “It is a lot of fun. Some of its kinda corny…no pun intended.” They took a seat at a table that had just been wiped down and Clark wrapped an arm around her.

She smiled up at him, leaning her head against his shoulder. He gave her a peck on the forehead as a familiar voice approached them, “Clark Kent?” He turned around to see Masie standing behind him with two glasses of Iced Tea. “I didn’t think you were gonna be here till tomorrow!” She turned to Lois who was watching the exchange with amusement, “You must be Lois,” She held out a hand for her to shake.

Lois nodded, “Lois Lane…”

“Nice to meet you. I’m Masie,” Masie gushed. “All the stories about Metropolis from Martha seem, to begin with your name.”

Clark felt the back of his neck turning red with embarrassment. Did his mom have to tell everyone EVERYTHING he said? Lois smirked at him, “Oh, really?”

“Yes, all the stories you guys have worked on and what a good writer you are…” Masie gushed.

Lois cast him a look then looked back, “Well, it’s nice to meet you, Masie. I guess everything spreads quickly in Smallville, huh?”

She smiled back, “Yes, That’s Smallville for you. Everyone knows everything about everybody else.”

Lois’ eyes brightened, “Really? Got any dirt on Clark here?” She pointed at him as he tried to keep the redness on his neck spread to his face.

Masie patted Clark on the shoulders, “Oh, well with Clark here what you see is what you get,” She then pulled out her notebook, “Any idea what you guys want to eat? Stove busted when your dad was trying to fix the water heater earlier so I grabbed up some volunteers and got them grilling. Burgers, Hot Dogs, Steak…If you can grill it we got it…”

“Uh, not sure yet,” Lois said.

“Just give us a minute,” Clark nodded.

“Sure thing. Holler when you’re ready,” She smiled and left.

“What you see is what you get, huh?” Lois teased. Clark laughed as she leaned up to kiss him, “Somehow, I don’t think that depiction is quite accurate,”

He wrapped his arms around her, holding her against him for a moment before releasing her, reminding himself they were in public. He glanced back at the grill to see who exactly Masie had conned into grilling for her and laughed when he saw his dad with an apron and chef hat on, manning the grill with Masie yelling at him over the burnt corn on the cobb. “Well, you know these small towns...” He shrugged.

Lois wrinkled her nose. “Not really,” she said, looking around skeptically, “Feels like Dorothy in the wizard of Oz…shouldn’t a tornado be whisking us off to Oz pretty soon?”

He laughed, “Bad metaphor, Lois. Dorothy WANTED to go back to Kansas,”

“Technicality,” Lois shook her head. “It’s just weird. I’ve never left Metropolis a day of my life,”

“I can tell,”

“What is that supposed to mean?” Lois asked.

“You’re a bit…. intense compared to everyone out here. It's not like Metropolis…”

“That’s for sure,” Lois said, leaning against him.

“What I mean is…. think of it as a slower…more relaxed…laid back Metropolis.” He corrected.

“You’re kidding right?” Lois laughed. “I’ve heard about these small towns.” She looked back pointing at his dad in the chef hat manning the grill, “See Mister Farmer Joe flipping burgers?”

He did his best to keep a straight face and nodded, “Yeah,”

“Bet you he’s a cross-dresser,” Lois said.

“Really?” His eyebrows shot up as he tried to imagine his dad wearing a dress. He did his best to keep a straight face. “Should we leave? I mean, you wouldn’t want a CROSS-DRESSER cooking your food…”

“Very funny,” Lois smacked him with the menu.

After his teasing, Lois had decided she wasn’t in the mood for something heavy so they’d decided to walk around the town a bit. Some of the larger decorations for the festival were already up. Areas, where different kiosks were going to be, were marked off with tape. Lois and Clark walked hand in hand as she surveyed the small-town festival. They approached a middle-aged woman and Clark tapped her on the shoulder to get her attention. She turned around and smiled, giving Clark a big hug.

“Mom, this is …Lois,” Clark said with a grin, wrapping a protective arm around her from behind.

“Hi,” Lois said shyly. “It’s nice to meet you, Mrs. Kent,” she held out her hand for the woman to shake.

“Martha, please,” she corrected.

“Martha,” Lois echoed.

“Clark tells me you’re a journalism major as well?” Martha said, trying to break the ice.

Relieved to be talking about something comfortable, Lois nodded, “Yes, senior year. I’m hoping to be working at the Planet next year when I graduate.”

“Daily Planet, huh?” Martha grinned, “Well, I’m sure if you work hard enough anything is possible.” She cast Clark a grin, “Shoot for the moon I always say. Come on, you kids must be starving…”

Clark gave a wink then interrupted, “Actually, Mom, Lois thinks the chef might be a cross-dresser…”

Lois rolled her eyes and twisted her mouth as she glanced at the middle-aged man flipping burgers. Martha laughed, “Oh, honey, that’s Clark’s father! I can’t get him to buy me a dress let alone one for himself…”

Later that afternoon they sat in the town square with Clark’s friend, Pete Ross who was catching them up on the happenings of Smallville. She sat in Clark’s lap at a picnic table while Pete sat across from them. “Yeah, so Rachel was a shoe-in for Councilwoman and has been handling everything for the festival….”

“Who’s Rachel?” Lois asked. That was the second time her name had been mentioned.

“Oh, she’s a friend of ours. A few years younger… real nice gal… You’ll like her,” Pete reassured. “Don’t worry nothing romantic or anything…” He winked at her before turning back to his story. “…anyway…You should have been here last week when Laura Lang LOST it when she found out Rachel was taking over the plans for the festival…I’m talking like blow up of all blow ups…. I mean, we thought Lana was bad when you dumped her but…this…”

Lois gave Clark a quizzical look at the mention of an old girlfriend. Clark looked uncomfortable, “I didn’t…. not exactly…I never…” He was stammering.

“Whatever. She was under the misinformed impression that you were taking her to prom and blew her top when you agreed to take Rachel as a friend instead…My bad!” Pete continued. “Anyway, this blow-up beat that one…”

Lois laughed. It was hard not to. It sounded like it would have been a lot of fun to have met Clark a few years ago back when he was in high school. “Hey yall,” A female voice said, taking a seat next to Pete. Lois turned to see who it was. She was a short woman with short blonde hair and blue eyes. She wore a blue t-shirt and khaki shorts. She turned to Lois extending her hand, “Rachel, you must be the infamous Lois Lane Clark’s mom’s been talking about…”

Lois smiled, shaking her hand, “That’s me,”

“Hey, Rach, I was just catching them up on everything…” Pete said with a grin.

“Nothing too embarrassing for Clark, right?” Rachel teased.

“Just the slightly embarrassing ones that are enough to turn his neck red…nothing too bad.” He grinned back.

“Gee thanks,” Clark muttered with a grin, throwing a piece of popcorn at Pete.

“Yall ain’t seen Laura Lang over here have you?” Rachel asked.

“No,” Pete said shaking his head, “but you better look out cuz her daughter’s headed this way…” He pointed behind her.

Lois and Rachel turned to see a short blonde girl with blue eyes headed their way. She wore a pink mini skirt and a white tank top that was barely covering anything. Lois rolled her eyes and groaned at the same time Rachel muttered, “Conniving tramp probably sent here to do her mother’s dirty work for her…”

“Rach…” Clark admonished.

“It’s true,” Rachel muttered, “You should know…”

Lois looked at him curiously but didn’t say anything as the infamous Lana Lang approached them. “Rachel Harris! Who do you think you are….going against MY mother and…” Lana stopped when she saw Lois and Clark staring at her in confusion. “Oh, Clark,” she blushed. “I didn’t see you there…”

He raised an eyebrow and shook his head. Pete smiled, eating up the local town drama, “Oh, yeah, Clark came to town for the weekend to show off his girlfriend from Metropolis.”

Lana looked like she was about to spit nails. “Girlfriend???”

Clark nodded, “Lana, this is Lois Lane.” He smiled softly as he wrapped a protective arm around Lois.

She looked a bit shocked, unable to voice what was obviously running through her mind. “Girlfriend?” she repeated. “But you … I mean….I thought you were….” Pete and Rachel were laughing pretty hard at this point.

“What?” Clark challenged, staring her down with a steely gaze. It was obvious he had no idea what she was referring to.

“Oh, I don’t know. Good looking…never dating…never a girlfriend…” Lana ticked off as Rachel and Pete both rolled their eyes.

Clark narrowed his eyes, "I had girlfriends, Lana,"

"Just not you...." Pete muttered under his breath in laughter.

Lois had a pretty good idea what Lana thought. If he wasn’t interested in her then there must be something wrong with him. She knew girls like that in high school. Drama, nothing but drama. “Nope,” Lois shook her head, “No problems in that department…” Was all she could manage as she reached behind her to pat his inner thigh. She could hear Clark choke on his soda when she patted his inner thigh behind her. That caused Pete and Rachel to laugh even harder. Lana seemed to be putting the pieces together, noticing where Lois had her hands and meeting Lois’ stern look.

“You…” Lana was fuming. She turned to Rachel who was almost beet red from laughing so hard. “What is so funny, Rachel Harris?”

“Your face,” Pete sputtered out, laughing harder as Clark struggled to clear his throat from the soda he’d choked on earlier.

“You’re messing with fire,” He whispered in her ear, tightening his arms around her.

“Maybe I want to get burned…” She murmured softly, rubbing her palm against him once more. He shuddered against her, tightening his arms around her as he brushed a kiss against her neck, sending a shiver down her spine.

“I hate you!” Lana fumed angrily, throwing a bottle at Pete’s head. He ducked to the side and laughed even harder when she stormed away.

Clark had turned them towards the table so that their legs were underneath the table and now seemed intent on getting his revenge for feeling him up in the middle of the town square. His hands roamed up and down her inner thighs, exploring the exposed skin with his palms. She could feel her face getting flushed. She’d been the one to tell him she wanted to get burned…She just didn’t expect him to…

She felt Clark’s body shake against hers as he laughed at Lana’s retreating figure. Pete extended his hand to Lois’ and grinned, “Congrats! You survived!”

“Survived what?” Lois asked skeptically.

“Your first Lana Lang blow up?” Rachel said with a wink. “Won’t be the last.”

The things Clark was doing to her were making it so hard to concentrate on the conversation happening around her. It was a battle of wills. She would be the victor. She reached behind her to once more. She felt him let out a shuddered breath against her neck as he slipped a finger beneath the fabric of her shorts, inching higher and higher. Oh, the things she wanted him to do to her…

“What was all that about?” Lois asked in confusion, doing her best to ignore the effect Clark’s fingers were having on her.

“Oh, don’t mind her. She’s just a little girl that’s mad someone got the toy she wanted. She’ll get over it.” Rachel admonished.

“Toy?” Lois asked in confusion as she leaned forward, folding her hands in front of her, as she pressed her chest against the edge of the table. She was done teasing Clark. She knew she couldn’t do it any longer without torturing herself.

“Metaphor,” Pete said, “See she’s mad Clark here never went out with her…even though she did all but draw a diagram for him to take a hint…after the ‘miscommunication’ at prom,”

‘Toy’ It was ironic they were talking about Clark being a toy and she was fighting the urge to take her ‘Clark Toy’ and have her way with him right here in the middle of town square.

Pete did air quotes over miscommunication, causing Clark to give him a stern look. “There was no miscommunication. She’s just nuts,” Clark corrected as he slid his hands up her shirt from beneath the table, resting his palms just below her ribcage.

Pete brushed him off, “Anyway, she convinced herself that it wasn’t her…it was him…”

Lois squirmed slightly as she his fingers brush against the edge of her bra. “I’m sure she did…” she managed.

“Yeah, too bad for her nobody believed a word of it…”Rachel added. “Happens when you’re the town gossip and caught lying about everyone…”

“Mmm hmmm…” She managed as she felt Clark’s breath against her ear. “That’s….good….” She managed as his palms slipped underneath the underwire of her bra. Oh, God… They had to get out of here.

“Hot enough for you…” He whispered in her ear.

Oh, God… The things he was doing to her. She wanted nothing more than to turn around in his arms and take him right there on the table but she couldn’t. They were in a very public setting and…How far away had they parked? She looked around and smiled when she saw the truck not far away. If she could just…

“Do you want me to stop…” He whispered in her ear teasingly.

It was no use. She knew if he kept doing what he was doing she was going to cry out in pleasure. She nodded and he smiled, removing his palms from below her top. He readjusted her shirt and she smirked at him.

She was just about to make up an excuse for them to leave when Rachel looked at her phone, “I gotta go, yall. Duty calls. It was nice meeting you, Lois,” She winked, “We’ll have to trade Clark stories later,”

“I’ll walk you,” Pete said, following Rachel to her car.

“Let’s get out of here,” Clark murmured in her ear.

“God, yesss…” She moaned, linking her arms around his neck to kiss him square on the lips.

He groaned against her mouth and stood up, holding her close as he wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his hands beneath her ribcage as they walked back towards the truck as fast as they could.

As soon as they’d gotten inside the truck Clark had ordered her to the other side of the truck as if that was going to make a difference. She laughed when they pulled up to the farm and parked by the barn. He looked around as if was looking for something before wrapping an arm around her, cupping her cheek, “Where were we?” He murmured against her lips as he rained featherlight kisses against her neck, inching himself lower as they slid down into the bench seat of the truck.

“Oh, God, that is sooo….” She moaned in pleasure. “What if someone catches us?” She asked as he tugged at the top button of her top.

“No one’s around for miles. Mom and dad are still in town…” He whispered as he brushed featherlight kisses along her collarbone.

“Good,” she murmured, capturing his lips with her own as they lost themselves in one another’s arms, forgetting the world around them for the moment.

Clark leaned back against the seat, lazily tracing random patterns along her back with a slow smile, “That was…”

“I know…” She rested her head against his chest, reaching for her bra that sat on the shift gear.

“Such a waste of time,” He murmured disappointed at the lack of view now that she’d clasped her bra back on.

She looked around, “We’re still parked outside where peering eyes can see us. When we’re at home maybe I’ll lose the bra…”

“Promise? Whose home?” He winked at her as she buttoned her blouse.

“Is that your fantasy, Mr. Kent? Me no bra?” She teased.

He shook his head. “No, you on my bed in my football jersey…nothing on underneath…” He murmured brushing his lips against her neck.

“Football jersey, huh? Maybe if you’re good we’ll try it out sometime…” She leaned back against the seat, climbing off of his lap as she handed him his shorts. He pulled them on and looked back to see Lois tugging her shorts back on and fumbling with the button. She looked in the mirror. “Do I need to fix my hair?”

“What do you mean?” He asked.

“I mean does it scream ‘I just had sex in the cab of a truck’ or…” He laughed as he opened the door, helping her out.

“I don’t know much about hair styles, sorry,” He pointed her towards the barn. “You can always throw some hay in it and say you fell,”

Lois smacked him, “Or I could push you,” Clark smiled back at her, unable to wipe the grin off his face.

“What?” She asked nervously.

“Nothing….just realizing how much I love you…You’re gorgeous, intelligent, sexy, and I couldn’t imagine my life without you, Lois Lane,”

She smiled at him, leaning up to kiss him. “I love you too, Clark Kent, and I pray you never have to find that out,”

He smiled down at her and kissed her. The sound of a car approaching broke the moment and he looked up to see his parents parking the old red Ford in the driveway. “Looks like mom and dad are back. Last chance to throw you in a pile of hay,” He offered.

“So not funny…” She grabbed a handful of hay from the pile he was pointing at and chased him with it as they made their way back to the farmhouse.

Later that evening after Lois had gone to bed, Clark stared at the stars with his dad, contemplating how to bring up the subject that had been weighing on his mind for the last few weeks. He was in love with Lois Lane. He knew she was the one he wanted to spend the rest of his life with, but he knew a future with her wouldn’t be a real future unless he told her everything about himself.

“Stars seem so much brighter out here…” Clark said quietly, leaning back against the tractor. “I forget how beautiful it is here. The only stars you see in Metropolis are riding around in limos,”

His dad shook his head and smiled, “You’re the one that wanted the rat race. I couldn’t live there. Not for a minute,”

Clark smiled broadly, “There’s something about the city tough, dad…. the pace…. the people…”

“Lois?” Jonathan prompted with a grin.

“Yeah,” He sighed with a broad grin. “Being in Metropolis. Working at the Planet and finishing up school at Met U…. It’s a dream come true…”

“But?” Jonathan prompted with a knowing look. He knew him too well. Clark just stared down at his feet, unsure of how to continue, “You still feel like you don’t fit in…”

Clark sighed, standing up and pacing back and forth in front of his dad, “I don’t!” He kicked a pebble nonchalantly a bit harder than he intended and they both watched it fly out of sight into space. “See?” He pointed at the rock as proof, “I don’t fit in. I have to control myself all the time and never use my powers because I might jeopardize my chance at a normal life…”

“Whatever that means…” His dad sighed, placing a supportive hand on his shoulder.

He shrugged, “Just being human like you and mom. Living…working…having a family…”

His dad shook his head, “We don’t know if that’s possible and you can’t risk anyone finding out about you….If they knew….you could end up in some laboratory where they would….”

“…dissect me like a frog,” Clark nodded, finishing the familiar phrase for his dad, “I know, but I can’t hide forever and I can’t keep lying to Lois…”

“You’re not lying. You’re just omitting certain facts,” His dad corrected carefully.

“It feels like I’m lying to her. I want to be able to share everything with her…not just this…” He gestured to himself, “but me Clark Kent…the man that can fly…bend steel over his head…and loves everything about her.”

Jonathan shook his head, “It’s just too risky, son,” He shook his head, “You’ve only known each other less than a year…”

“But…” He began to argue but thought better of it when he saw his dad’s stern look, “I love her,”

“I know you do, son,” He sighed, patting him on the shoulder. “Just give it time.”

“Do you think there’ll ever be a time where I can use my powers for good and still be …me, Clark Kent?” He asked wistfully.

“I don’t know, but if anyone can find a way, you can,” Jonathan said, giving him a hug.

Present Day…

Lois felt like she was moving in slow motion as she approached the conference room door. Her arm felt like it weighed a ton as she lifted it to knock on the door. A woman in her mid-forties and glasses approached the door, opening it just enough for her to step out. “I’m…I’m…”

“Lois Lane I presume?” The woman smiled, extending her hand, “I’m Dr. Friskin. I specialize in cases of memory loss.”

“Is it bad?” Lois asked, tearfully.

“He seems to remember small chunks of time but nothing too much about his past…where he grew up…he only knows his name from other people around him…” Dr. Friskin explained, “but he seems to know you…keeps asking for you.”

“I don’t know what to do here. I mean, its been five years…” Lois said, raking a hand through her hair.

Dr. Friskin noticed the ring on her hand and smiled, “You still hadn’t given up hope had you?”

Lois shook her head, stroking the ring on her finger, “No, I couldn’t…”

TBC...

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube