Ghost From the Past
Folc4evernaday
Part 5

Perry White stared uneasily as he stared at the young man that had entered his newsroom. For five years he’d listened to Lois mourn over her fiancé, Clark Kent who had been shot in a scuffle with a government agent. Five years of trying to pull her out of the maximum security enforced shell she’d buried herself in after he’d died. She had voiced so many scenarios over the years when they never found his body…feeling like he just wasn’t gone. It looked like that feeling had been correct.

The hustle and bustle of the room was quiet. Everyone was staring. Perry approached the young man cautiously, “Kent? Is that …you?”

He looked back at him curiously, “You…know me?”

“Yes…” Perry began cautiously. “Son, are you okay?” He eyed the torn jeans and shirt Clark was wearing skeptically. It was the same outfit Lois had described to the police when she’d been searching for him.

“I don’t know.” He said softly. “I was looking for a…” He snapped his fingers as if he was trying to remember, “Lois Lane…”

Perry eyed Lois’ desk where Clark was standing. “She, uh, isn’t in yet. Here, why don’t you come into my office and we’ll talk.” He then turned back to the peering eyes of his newsroom, “What’s everyone standing around for? We’ve got a paper to get out? Olsen, as soon as Lois gets in have her meet me in my office!”

“Got it, Chief,” Jimmy replied with a smile.
Lois tapped her foot as she cradled her cell phone in-between her neck and shoulder and made her way out of the apartment with Lucy not far behind, “Come on, come on, pick up, pick up…”

“Lois, wait up! I’m coming with you!” Lucy called after her.

“Hello?” the familiar voice on the other end answered.

“Martha! Thank God! You won’t believe what just happened…”

“Lois, he’s alive!” Martha cried. “He’s alive and he’s missing and…”

“What?” Lois felt her heart jump into her throat. “What do you mean?”

“His landlord found him last night. Let him in his apartment. Then this morning when we came he was gone…” Martha cried.

“Oh, God…Martha, those men that attacked us in Smallville were here. That Trask guy said he’d escaped and they were looking for him…”

“Oh, God, you don’t think they found him do you?” Martha asked, panicked.

“I don’t think so…They just left a few minutes ago. I’m headed to the Planet right now…” Lois sighed, “He’s alive. We know he’s alive. We just have to find him.”

“How?”

Six Years Ago…

“What is this place again?” Clark asked looking up at the staircase skeptically. It had been three months since their fiasco with Roarke and Jenkins. They were three months away from graduation. Over the last few months, they’d been working more and more with the Planet to complete the required hours needed for their internship. Lois was itching to start working as a reporter instead of fetching research for the reporters at the Planet but had yet to be given a shot by Mr. White.

“Cat Grant said there was a tip about a big meeting going down between a congressman and some big shot in the military. We’re scoping it out to see if there’s any merit.” Lois shrugged, walking carefully through the darkened office.

“Cat Grant is a GOSSIP columnist…” Clark reminded her. “I don’t think this falls under a research assistant’s job description either…”

Lois shot him a look, “Oh, come on, live a little. Just imagine the look on Perry White’s face when he realizes the biggest story of the year was cracked open by two first years. He’ll have to give us a shot at reporting then…”

He gazed at her skeptically, “This could be dangerous,” He warned.

“…or not…” she countered. “Come on, we’ll look around and see if we can see anything.” She motioned for him to follow her up the stairs.

He sighed. She could tell he seemed to have an internal battle for a moment before agreeing. “Fine, but I go first. Just in case…”

Lois rolled her eyes, “Fine, just hurry up!”

Ian Harrington stormed through the office impatiently, “I don’t appreciate being summoned, Roarke!” He glared at the elderly man sitting in the chair in the conference room.

“I sign your checks!” Roarke snapped back, standing to his feet to confront Harrington, “You’ll come when you’re called. Got it?” He jabbed a finger in Harrington’s chest.

Crouched in the corner of a supply closet with the door cracked just enough for them to see through was Lois and Clark. “Clark isn’t that…?” Lois whispered in his ear.

He nodded, whispering back, “Congressman Ian Harrington. Guess that tip was legit…but isn’t that Whitley’s dad?”

“I see the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree…” Lois muttered under her breath. “Where’s the camera?” He handed it to her without even looking over his shoulder as they focused on watching the exchange between the two men.

Harrington handed Roarke an envelope and Roarke handed a larger envelope to Harrington. The two men examined the contents and Harrington ran a hand through his hair, “That’s the last of the system specs. I’ll have the information on the testing for you tomorrow. Dates, procedures, the whole thing…”

Roarke nodded, “Good. What about a new vote?”

Harrington sighed, “I can’t initiate a re-vote until after the test results are analyzed and the plan rejected. Hopefully…”

Roarke took a step closer, grabbing Harrington by the collar, “HOPEFULLY isn’t good enough. That’s not why I bought insurance….YOU.”

Harrington pulled away, adjusting himself, “You don’t own me, Roarke.”

“I own you lock, stock, and re-election fund, Mr. Chariman. Never forget that.”

Lois continued to snap pictures over Clark’s shoulder as they continued to watch the exchange. He wasn’t sure what this ‘vote’ was but it didn’t sound good and this Roarke guy seemed dangerous. The guy standing behind him seemed equally dangerous.

“Lois, we’ve got to get out of here…” Clark whispered as the men moved closer to the closet.

“How do you plan on doing that?” Lois whispered between gritted teeth.

They watched as Roarke left the office with the burly man and Harrington stayed behind, shaking his head, “What have I done?”

Lois stretched slightly to readjust herself and knocked the box of pens on the shelf behind them. “Crap…” she whispered.

“Lo-is…” Clark glared at her, closing the door and holding the knob closed.

“Great, what’s your big plan when he discovers us in here…which he will…” he said, staring at the door.

“Take off your shirt,” Lois said hurriedly.

“WHAT??” he gasped in a hushed whisper as she tugged at his t-shirt to lift it over his head. “Lo-is…” He stopped when he noticed her unbuttoning her blouse, “What are you doing?”

“Shut up and kiss me…” she ordered, mussing up his hair.

“ Are you cra…?” He was cut off when she captured his lips, pressing her frame against his. Her right leg hiked up slightly, increasing contact between their bodies. He could feel his body responding to her as the cotton from her blouse and the lace from her bra pressed up against his chest. “Oh, God..” he moaned against her lips, releasing his hold on the doorknob.

The door opened and both their heads jerked up as they looked up at the intruders. “What do we have here?” Harrington snapped as he caught the two in their state of undress.

Clark looked around sheepishly, “Uh, sorry, we were just…”

Harrington glanced between the two of them for a moment before nodding, “This is private property…If you want to canoodle your honey do it in a hotel room…”

They nodded, quickly grabbing their things as Lois worked on buttoning her blouse back up and Clark threw his shirt back on. Once Harrington was out of earshot and they were in the elevator Lois muttered, “Worked like a charm…”

Clark smirked at her, “A little too well…” He admitted, running a hand through his hair.

“Yeah,” Lois smiled back at him. Her face was still flushed from earlier. “Walk me home?”

“Always,” he said, wrapping an arm around her as they headed to the streets outside to hail a cab.

The ride back to Lois’ apartment was quiet. Her body was still on fire from their encounter in the closet. She could still feel his lips on her skin and his hands on her…

“We’re here,” The cab driver said, pointing to Lois’ apartment building.

Lois thanked him and Clark paid for the cab, following her up to her apartment. Once they were at the door, Lois pulled her keys out, unlocking her door. “So…”

“So…” he echoed, gazing back at her.

“Sorry, I sprung that on you. We needed a distraction and that…”

“…was DEFINITELY a distraction.” Clark acknowledged. “It worked.”

“Yeah,” Lois smiled back at him, noticing the flush tone to his face. He was still as affected by their encounter as she was. “I guess we should…talk…”

“…or not…” he whispered, leaning in to kiss her.

“..or not…” she smiled back at him as she felt his lips press against hers. That spark she’d felt at the beginning of their relationship seemed to have morphed into a raging inferno. She knew she loved him and he was so good at…

She ran her hands up and down his chest methodically, encouraging the embrace. He deepened the kiss, cupping her face with one hand. She linked her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. She tugged at his lower lip as he explored the inner confines of her mouth.

She could feel the evidence of his arousal pressed up against her as their embrace continued. He picked her up in his arms and she wrapped her legs around his waist as they made their way into the apartment, not wanting to lose contact with one another for a second. “Oh, God, yes…” she murmured against his lips.

She raked her hands through his hair as he staggered away from the doorway, keeping her wrapped in his arms as he began to explore the crevices beneath her chin with his tongue. They fell to the ground and she gazed back at the door that was still cracked open a few feet away from them. “Door…” she managed to murmur.

He looked over his shoulder and leaned his left foot back just enough to kick it closed. Before she could respond he was back in her arms, nibbling at her collarbone and slipping his hand beneath her blouse so he was cupping her right breast. “Yes…Oh, God, Clark….don’t stop…” she moaned in pleasure.

“Is this a dream?” She gasped in-between heated kisses.

“Not unless we’re having the same one…” He murmured against her skin. “We can stop…whenever….you…want…”

“Never…” she whispered, reaching for the hem of his t-shirt and tugging it over his head. He pulled back, long enough to disentangle himself from the shirt and throw it over his shoulder. She gasped, taking in his perfectly sculpted body for the first time. He was…perfect. “Wow…”

Before she could say more he captured her lips once more, “You are so ….gorgeous…” he murmured against her lips, resting his other hand on the small of her back.

“I love you, Clark…” she whispered as he began to rain a trail of feather light kisses against her collarbone, slipping lower and lower.

“I love you, Lois Lane…” he murmured against her skin.

She glanced down, he still hadn’t unbuttoned her blouse, leaving her to make that choice. She gazed at him hungrily through her eyelashes. Right now all she wanted to do was lose herself in his arms. Was she ready to cross that line with him…go where she’d never been before? She felt the tightness in her stomach as his lips brushed against her skin. She definitely felt ready.

She tugged at the top button to her blouse, revealing her ivory skin to him. He groaned against her skin as he gazed at her hungrily before looking up at her, “Are you sure?”

She linked her arms around his neck, cupping his cheek, “Make love to me, Clark Kent,”

Without a word he scooped her up and carried her to the bedroom, kicking the door closed behind him. He laid her on the bed as she linked her arms around his neck, pulling him close to her. “I love you so much…” he whispered against her skin as he rained a trail of featherlight kisses against her abdomen, tracing the waistband of her pants cautiously.

He seemed hesitant. Scared almost. She gazed back at him with a smile, “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong….” He whispered. “I’ve just ….I mean….”

She caught the look in his eyes and immediately understood. “Oh, me neither…” She said hesitantly. “I’ve never…”

“So, we’re both in uncharted territory here…” Clark reasoned, brushing his thumb against her waistband ever so lightly. “We could stop…”

“Do you want to stop?” she asked him incredulously, praying the answer would be ‘no’.

He shook his head, “No,”

“Me neither,” She said, pressing her body against him. He groaned against her skin and she could feel him tense up. “Just love me, Clark. We’ll figure it out together…” She reached in-between their bodies to continue exploring each other throughout the night.

That's all for now. Hope everyone is enjoying the story so far. FDK appreciated as always.

TBC...

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube