Print Thread
#272599 11/07/16 07:46 AM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Of course, Superman found the bugs....but what is he going to do now? Have a little fun with them? Put on a show? Use them to his advantage?

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Luther has Clark squarely in his sights, otherwise why send someone to bug his place? After all that research, he is certain about Clark's dual identity.

One point: there are other reporters for the Daily Planet besides Lois and Clark. Yes, it makes sense to bug Lois' phone because she is the more experienced, but there are other reporters on staff.

Finally, I like the detail about what the person like who bugged Clark's apartment. It is a tidy detail which could lead to catching the guy. Poor Clark, now he knows someone, possibly another rogue government agency is after him. It is best he check on Mom and Dad!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I did not get into the story with the first chapter and had decided not to read the story but someone (snicker, snicker) poked me to read it and so I just read the second chapter. I think I can see where you are heading with the story now and for some reason it resonates with me more now. I will give it more time and see where you take it.

I love the reasoning Clark used in deciding how to deal with the bugs. I wonder how Clark will track down the source of the bugs without some technological input from Jimmy or someone like him. In 1993 wireless technology was in it's infancy so either the bugs had to be wired which you did not mention or have a receiving station very close to Clark's apartment. It will be interesting to see what/how he does it.

Part of it not resonating at first is that I never have been a Lex Luthor fan and arc where he dates/almost marries Lois turned me off back in 1993 when I first watched it. Lois Lane is much too smart for that but it is canon in the L&C universe so we will always have bunches of stories in this vein.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sorry for the delay. Just catching up. [Linked Image]

Spooky. I can just imagine Clark's fear. He wants to commiserate with someone but can't without involving them too deep. With Lois on the outs with him (and sadly, the ins with Luthor), how frustrating it must be for him not to have her to bounce ideas off of.

To have them bug his office phone AND his apartment would really put him on edge. If Luthor is testing to see if Clark is Superman just this fear could cause Clark/Superman make a mistake that could cost him dearly. Hopefully, disabling the bugs and flying out of his own apartment wasn't that mistake. I sure hoped he checked for cameras!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Belatedly (real life intervened)...

Morgana- Yes, as far as Clark knows it could be just about anyone. Bureau 39 again, Luthor... heck, even Lois. She is an investigative reporter after all, and by now she knows he's hiding *something*.

MikeM- Well, I'm glad you liked the second chapter better than the first! And I agree with you, Lois is much too smart to be taken in by Luthor. It never sat right with me that she went from wanting to get the definitive interview with Luthor to dating him, or that she only ever saw the apparent 'good' in him. She's supposed to be the cynical one, and yet she took Luthor at face value.

VirginiaR- Yeah, Clark is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Enlisting someone else's help to figure out who's bugging him puts his secret at risk, but so does not figuring it out. It's a bit of a catch-22.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, I hadn't expected Clark to be aware of the monitoring so quickly. That gives me hope that he will be able to avoid some of the more nasty consequences of Lex finding out Superman's identity.

He put the bugs back in their original positions to allay suspicion before taking flight for Kansas
Yeesh! I hope he was certain that there were no visual recording devices! Otherwise his flight to warn his parents gave the game away.

N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
That's... going to be the least of his worries

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard