Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Feedback makes my muse love you!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Yeah, it's not like they really have much of a choice. Sam Lane's treatment option is a risk, but Clark's already so far gone that he's in a coma. He's not likely to survive if they let the virus take its course.

I wish Clark had been honest about his feelings. He felt his time running short, and I've got to believe that leaving someone with that final declaration of love would be important for the people you leave behind. But hopefully the treatment Dr. Lane has proposed will work, allowing Lois and Clark to move forward together. love

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Yeah, it's not like they really have much of a choice. Sam Lane's treatment option is a risk, but Clark's already so far gone that he's in a coma. He's not likely to survive if they let the virus take its course.

I wish Clark had been honest about his feelings. He felt his time running short, and I've got to believe that leaving someone with that final declaration of love would be important for the people you leave behind. But hopefully the treatment Dr. Lane has proposed will work, allowing Lois and Clark to move forward together. love

I think Clark is being as honest as he can/feels comfortable with, what with him being in the hospital under the guise of Superman. Even when they are alone, it's got to be nerve-wracking to be open. I'm sure it's even weird for everyone to be using "Clark" instead of "Superman," given the circumstances.

And you're right. They really don't have a choice. It's either guaranteed death or pretty much guaranteed death. Still, a hard decision to make, I'm sure, knowing that your choice either way could kill the man you love.

Since we're on part 6 already, we'll know soon if he'll get the chance to make things up to Lois. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
Features Writer
Such a hard place for both Lois and Clark to be. She's absolutely right that the ICU is no place to discuss secrets. Who knows how the sound will travel, or who is listening? That intercom could be open to the nurse's station and the patient might not know. Plus neither one of them is emotionally in a good place to discuss those BIG issues. And Clark is too physically ill.

I'm so glad that Lois had called Martha & Jonathan, and that they could help her make that decision. To suddenly be put in the place of health care proxy without any warning on top of everything else, had got to be awful for Lois. She's showing how tough she really is under pressure.

It's nice that she did call Sam to get his ideas. And it make sense that her relationship with Clark and his parents is at least partially responsible for the healing (even if incomplete) of her relationship with Sam.

Now hopefully the healing of Clark can begin, and then their relationship can heal.

Amazing chapter! thumbsup clap

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki! [Linked Image]
She barely even checked the time, unless it was getting close to the end of visiting hours or she had an interview to get to.

He was impressed.
One might think she actually really loves him shock He might have to die to get out of marrying her.
KRYPTONIAN FLU: [Linked Image]

He needed to let Lois yell, scream, cry, throw accusations...whatever she might need to do in order to...
What about boink him to release all that pent up tension and stress? Would he be willing to suffer through that, too?

If he got better, however, he wouldn't rest until he was sure that Lois heard all he so desperately needed to tell her.
Ho he dated the Smallville sheriff’s daughter, the homecoming queen, the Nigerian princess, that one waitress after that plane almost crashed, and who knows who else?

If anything, he was afraid that Lois would finally snap out of whatever sense of duty she felt toward him and leave, never to return. If that happened, he wouldn't know what to do. A life without Lois wasn't a life worth living.
So, good thing he’s on the brink of death anyway, right?

Mayson came as much as possible too, but her job wasn't nearly as flexible.
So, Lois is the more flexible of the two, then? I do believe he probably should not mention it to Lois. It might lead to awkward questions about how he knew such details.

No one else possessed invulnerability.
LEX: wave Invulnerable to the laws of men.

No one else on the planet could be hurt by Kryptonite.
That’s not true. I’m sure you could kill a human with a shard of Kryptonite just as easily as you could Superman.

Silence. Then, finally, "Well...that depends. What's wrong with your friend?"

"He has a...unique illness," Lois replied.
It’s something he got from a Chumash tribe.

"There's a theory...and, again, it's only a theory...that if a host body can be brought to the brink of death, the virus won't be able to survive. It will basically be starved out.
Medieval doctor: Sounds like something we do when we bleed the patients and drill holes in their heads to remove the evil spirits from their bodies. And it always works. The patient is cured from the evil spirits every single time!

She drove like a woman possessed, making it back to the hospital in record time, and only narrowly avoiding getting into an accident at one particularly busy intersection.
Wouldn’t that have been awkward, for Clark to get better on his own, only to learn that Lois had perished in a car accident?

Alarm shot through her, and, out of the corner of her eye, she saw the worry in Dr. Klein's face too.

"He wasn't like this when I left him," the doctor apologized. "Please, believe me."
Worried what Lois might do to him if Superman doesn’t recover?
Dr. KLEIN: I’ve read what happened to her last fiancé after she learned that he was a crook. I do *not* want to be on her bad side.

Lois nodded. "Like I said, it's insane to consider. But it's up to Superman. Superman?" she prompted.
To be fair, it’s no more dangerous than what Superman did to Lois, on numerous occasions.

Dr. Klein checked his watch. "It shouldn't take more than an hour for me to get to the lab and back again. I'd send an assistant to bring it here, but only Superman and I have had our biometrics programmed into the vault's security system."
Couldn’t they detach one of his hands…?

Lois sighed as the door closed behind him. "What am I going to do?" she wondered aloud. "How am I supposed to choose between two very bad options?"
Looky there, we’re back at the beginning, only this time, Lois is facing the impossible choice.

"Do it," she told him, as soon as the door to Clark's room was shut.

To Be Continued...
Oh dear! Only two more parts (and a possible epilogue) and we still don’t know if this tale will end like Batman vs. Superman! peep

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Such a hard place for both Lois and Clark to be. She's absolutely right that the ICU is no place to discuss secrets. Who knows how the sound will travel, or who is listening? That intercom could be open to the nurse's station and the patient might not know. Plus neither one of them is emotionally in a good place to discuss those BIG issues. And Clark is too physically ill.

I'm so glad that Lois had called Martha & Jonathan, and that they could help her make that decision. To suddenly be put in the place of health care proxy without any warning on top of everything else, had got to be awful for Lois. She's showing how tough she really is under pressure.

It's nice that she did call Sam to get his ideas. And it make sense that her relationship with Clark and his parents is at least partially responsible for the healing (even if incomplete) of her relationship with Sam.

Now hopefully the healing of Clark can begin, and then their relationship can heal.

Amazing chapter! thumbsup clap

Yeah, I side with Lois on the decision not to have that particular discussion. They aren't so much afraid of the intercom possibly being on (they've been calling him Clark and had a few discussions that would totally give away the CK=S secret if anyone was listening in) but more along the lines of Clark is too weak and Lois is still very conflicted. She hasn't completely sorted out her feelings because she's been dealing with his illness. Much better to have that discussion if/when he's better and they are completely alone. smile

I don't think Lois had a choice in calling the Kents. She would have made the decision anyway, but if she hadn't, and Clark dies, she would never be able to live with herself for making the decision alone.

I think Lois deciding to swallow her pride and ask her father for help shows just how much she's matured since Clark first came into her life.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[/quote]Hi, Michael!

[quote]One might think she actually really loves him He might have to die to get out of marrying her.

Lex: I can arrange that! devilsplat

What about boink him to release all that pent up tension and stress? Would he be willing to suffer through that, too?

Clark: You mean, all my nurse fantasies can actually come true??? thud

Ho he dated the Smallville sheriff’s daughter, the homecoming queen, the Nigerian princess, that one waitress after that plane almost crashed, and who knows who else?

Lois: splat

So, good thing he’s on the brink of death anyway, right?

Pretty much.

So, Lois is the more flexible of the two, then? I do believe he probably should not mention it to Lois. It might lead to awkward questions about how he knew such details.

He walked past Mayson's yoga studio one day and looked in through the window. Downward Dog looked more like Broken Zombie.

That’s not true. I’m sure you could kill a human with a shard of Kryptonite just as easily as you could Superman.

Lois: Let's test that theory on Claude, shall we?

Medieval doctor: Sounds like something we do when we bleed the patients and drill holes in their heads to remove the evil spirits from their bodies. And it always works. The patient is cured from the evil spirits every single time!

Clark: Can I still transfer my medical proxy to someone else?

Wouldn’t that have been awkward, for Clark to get better on his own, only to learn that Lois had perished in a car accident?

What a fun plot twist! devil

To be fair, it’s no more dangerous than what Superman did to Lois, on numerous occasions.

Clark: Oh please! You act like I nearly killed her with my super breath cryogenics or something!

Dr. K: help

Oh dear! Only two more parts (and a possible epilogue) and we still don’t know if this tale will end like Batman vs. Superman!

Just 2 parts. No epilogue. Which may or may not make that more evil.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was beginning to get worried that Lois wasn't going to bring up this new idea to Clark's folks. "Oh, sorry, he died and I forgot to call you first." It's not good that he's in a coma. Did he go into a coma during HIWTHI? Let's hope that Sam's cure works, because I doubt Lois and Sam's relationship could survive her father's idea killing Superman.

Hmmmm. Lois dying on the way to the hospital to tell Dr. Klein how to kill Superman, but Superman survives the virus anyway? Or do they both die because Lois can't tell Dr. Klein the new cure?

TEMPUS: /rubs hands in glee/ I *LOVE* it! What delicious irony!

CLARK: No. No. I don't like this one bit. Either of them.

HERB: Anyway, neither of them can die before they can invoke the curse.

TEMPUS: Where's the fun in that?

CLARK: You mean I kept rescuing her for no reason?

LOIS: Say, what?

So, no sneaking the Kents into Superman's room dressed as orderlies or candy-stripers?

Let's hope this cure works, so Lois has at least one part to bash Clark's brains in for being such a lunkhead. Oh, dear. That means he won't survive because there's no part 9? mecry This isn't good.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I was beginning to get worried that Lois wasn't going to bring up this new idea to Clark's folks. "Oh, sorry, he died and I forgot to call you first." It's not good that he's in a coma. Did he go into a coma during HIWTHI? Let's hope that Sam's cure works, because I doubt Lois and Sam's relationship could survive her father's idea killing Superman.

Hmmmm. Lois dying on the way to the hospital to tell Dr. Klein how to kill Superman, but Superman survives the virus anyway? Or do they both die because Lois can't tell Dr. Klein the new cure?

TEMPUS: /rubs hands in glee/ I *LOVE* it! What delicious irony!

CLARK: No. No. I don't like this one bit. Either of them.

HERB: Anyway, neither of them can die before they can invoke the curse.

TEMPUS: Where's the fun in that?

CLARK: You mean I kept rescuing her for no reason?

LOIS: Say, what?

So, no sneaking the Kents into Superman's room dressed as orderlies or candy-stripers?

Let's hope this cure works, so Lois has at least one part to bash Clark's brains in for being such a lunkhead. Oh, dear. That means he won't survive because there's no part 9? mecry This isn't good.

rotflol rotflol clap

Lois: Sneaking in lost its appeal when I delivered my basketball early.

Clark: Bash my brains in? I...kind of deserve it, I guess. But if you kill me, how I can bring you Swiss Chocolates, straight from the source?

Tempus: Two more parts. That's not good. He might live. I must kidnap the author! If she doesn't post, Superman has no chance to live.

Me: peep help

Clark did slip into a coma during the episode. But that was after the Kryptonite exposure. Which means he's in even more dire straights than the episode. devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Tempus: Two more parts. That's not good. He might live. I must kidnap the author! If she doesn't post, Superman has no chance to live.

rotflol lol Stay safe and away from strangers.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram

rotflol lol Stay safe and away from strangers.

rotflol I'll try. goofy

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Lex: I can arrange that!
Aww, always the helpful couples’ counselor

Clark: You mean, all my nurse fantasies can actually come true???
LOIS: /gets out giant syringe/

How he dated the Smallville sheriff’s daughter, the homecoming queen, the Nigerian princess, that one waitress after that plane almost crashed, and who knows who else?

Lois: /is apparently *not* OK with his romantic history/
CLARK: peep

He walked past Mayson's yoga studio one day and looked in through the window. Downward Dog looked more like Broken Zombie.
rotflol
RALPH: Street level windows? Do you have the address, please? Perry wants an op-ed piece on public health.

Clark: Can I still transfer my medical proxy to someone else?
Things you get for having your girlfriend phone your fiancée, for 100 please.

What a fun plot twist!
Oh dear! The writer might be *evil*!

Clark: Oh please! You act like I nearly killed her with my super breath cryogenics or something!
Looky there. Perfectly fitting red boots.

Dr. K: /is no longer a friend of biometric access control systems/
evil

Clark did slip into a coma during the episode. But that was after the Kryptonite exposure. Which means he's in even more dire straights than the episode.
shock

Oh the plus side, you *did* manage to evade Tempus! That’s more than Lois can say for herself.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Have a little bit of time before dinner to get some reading in. I tell you, I've been thinking about this story all afternoon smile.

I am so glad that Lois called Clark's parents. She had to--for both herself and for them. Whatever happens, to hold all of the responsibility on this one decision is so much for someone to take on. I hate that Martha and Jonathan can't be there for Clark during all of this, but Lois is making the best out of that situation with all the notes back and forth, and now by handling this final choice so well.

I had remembered that Clark had slipped into a coma during the episode, but I had totally forgotten exactly 'when' that happened. Like you pointed out, it was during the treatment, which totally makes Clark a lot worse at this current time frown.

Must read more!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Aww, always the helpful couples’ counselor

Lex: You should see my rates. devil

LOIS: /gets out giant syringe/

Clark: Lois? Why is the liquid inside green and glowing? Lois? Lois????

RALPH: Street level windows? Do you have the address, please? Perry wants an op-ed piece on public health.

Clark: Yeah. Street level. Fourteen stories high.

Oh dear! The writer might be *evil*!

Might??? Guess I need to work a little harder...

Oh the plus side, you *did* manage to evade Tempus! That’s more than Lois can say for herself.

Tempus: (Picks head up) Someone call for me?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Have a little bit of time before dinner to get some reading in. I tell you, I've been thinking about this story all afternoon .

Unexpected free time - how fun! smile And wow - high praise to know it's been playing on your mind, this story. Glad you are enjoying it!

Lois definitely needed to talk things out with the Kents. Or how awkward would the conversation be later, right? wink "Sorry, I accidently killed your son..."

This whole thing is torture for the Kents. Unable to be with their son, having no direct say in his healthcare (even if they *do* trust Lois), and the fear they may never see him alive again. Not to mention how much they must fear for his heart if he gets better and Lois has the opportunity to decide if she really does want to stay with him or bolt.

Hope to see you around more! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard