Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I wasn't sure where to post this, but since I write about eclipses I wanted to be sure you all knew about the big event
in the US. There is much on the internet about the path. It starts on the *west coast* of the US and leaves in Florida.
This site can get you started.

http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/path_through_the_US.htm

The sunglasses icon is because you must wear a very good pair to
see the eclipse without damaging your eyes (permanently).
regards
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
If you are going to view the eclipse, a much safer way to do so is by 'indirect viewing'- using a pinhole camera or similar to project the eclipse onto a flat light coloured surface. We successfully used a pair of binoculars to do so when the total solar eclipse happened here in Oz a few years ago smile

Awesome link Artemis, I love eclipses smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, NK. If you go to the eclipse sites, they are very
explicit about the type of goggles to use. I was sort of joking
about the sunglasses because of the icon. Also I think there are some eclipses coming your way. Check out the sites.
Try this: https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/australia/sydney
regards
Artemis

Last edited by Artemis; 11/02/16 09:47 AM.

Kerth
Kerth
Our science department has several of the correct type of glasses. On the rare occasions, we have kids rotate through stations so they can get a quick glimpse of the eclipse. It's a really cool experience. When I was in high school, there was an eclipse and my science teacher had a telescope with the right filter that we all took a look through. Truly awesome! Thanks for the link...too bad we'll miss it in Southern California. frown

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Kerth
Kerth
I'd love to go to it but I'm probably going to go to the World SF convention in Finland about ten days earlier and I can't afford both.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Cool! (I missed the original post.) I'm driving distance from the path. We might have to check this out, if we're not back to school/work already by then.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
It's August 21st. The closest to us is Madras, OR,but it is 800 miles away. We drove down from Mt. Hood area last summer and Madras was already setting up for the eclipse. It's a small town, so bring your own camping gear and food.
I'm betting on big news coverage.
Enjoy!
r/
Artemis

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard