When Churches Come Crashing Down
Part 6

“So, you see, I just wanted to sit down with Superman and have a one on one interview with him. That way I can show the world what a wonderful person he is; not this… cretin Metropolis is painting him out to be.” Dianna explained, sipping her cappuccino.

“Ms. Stride, Metropolis hardly has such an opinion of Superman. It’s these hate groups, filled with propaganda that is the problem.” Lois corrected.

“Ms. Lane, it starts with the hate groups then soon it’s the entire city. How do you think the Holocaust got started?”

Lois frowned at that remark. The lamp beside them blinked repeatedly and she glared at it, annoyed, “You should probably get that changed.”

“Yes, well, I appreciate you coming by, Ms. Lane, Mr. Kent.” Dianna stood, ushering them out the door quicker than they had come in. Something was definitely up.

Outside Dianna Stride’s office, Lois and Clark headed towards the elevator, taking them back to the streets of Metropolis. “Gee, that went well,” Clark said sarcastically, as they stepped on board an empty elevator.

Lois rolled her eyes. “Tell me about it. I will never understand the fascination people have with that woman. I mean, she’s such a…”

“What?”

“She’s so flashy, and ….. Manipulative….”

“Well, I guess that works for Top Copy,” Clark said, trying to steer the conversation elsewhere. “What do you think her real reasons are for doing this story?”

“I don’t know, but she’s got Perry wrapped around her scrawny little finger and I don’t like it.” She said miserably. “Did you smell that perfume she was wearing? It was disgusting….”

“It did have a strange scent I guess.” Clark reasoned, “But, she was right about one thing.”

“What??” Lois turned to face him.

“This propaganda about Superman has gotten out of control. It’s getting harder and harder for me to help anyone.”

“Who do you think is behind this?” Lois asked.

“I don’t know.”

Mike Rogers read over his latest subscription reports for the Metropolis S.T.A.R. and grinned, “It seems the people of Metropolis have taken a shine to the new S.T.A.R..” He said.

“And why shouldn’t they? We’re telling them what they want to hear.” Bill Church Jr. grinned, puffing at his cigar.

The weekly staff meeting was an event Lois always hated. Perry would ramble on about how they needed to find bigger and better stories, cut their existing stories to shreds and expect them to go to work. This meeting, however, was different. Perry was much more focused on the party this evening and pressing the message that everyone had to attend. She could think of a thousand other things she’d rather be doing than to celebrate the head of Intergang’s life. Perry still didn’t believe their theory about Bill Church Sr.

She glanced at Clark; who was seated next to her. He seemed just as bored as she was. He looked really good. He wore a crisp blue dress shirt with black dress pants and a matching jacket; complimented with his usual taste in outlandish ties. She could smell his cologne…

She let out an involuntary shudder. Her body was beginning to respond to his closeness. ‘Control yourself. You’re at work.’ She reminded herself. She let out an involuntary shudder as she tried to steer her mind elsewhere.

“Now, I expect you all to be at the party at seven sharp. This is a big deal and a lot of bigwigs are gonna be there rubbing elbows with Mr. Church. We have the upper hand here.” Perry’s voiced droned on about the party. Would he still be such a big supporter of Mr. Church if he knew he had been behind Intergang and his kidnapping a few months ago?

Clark’s hand gently squeezed hers from beneath the table. She felt her body begin to go numb at his touch. What was wrong with her? Her body normally responded to Clark’s touch, but not like this…

She bit her lower lip, trying to suppress a moan. Maybe her senses were just heightened after going so long without…. She let out an involuntary shudder once more, recalling their activities over the last two days.

“You okay?” He whispered in her ear.

All she could do was nod as she squeezed his hand supportively. She didn’t want to let go of him. His skin was so soft and warm. He felt so good to touch.

Was it warm in here? She tightened her grip on his hand. It was really warm in here. She tugged his hand towards her, resting against her abdomen. She really wanted him. He smelt so good…felt…so good.

“Lois, are you all right?” He whispered in her ear, concern was written all over his face.

She bit her lower lip once more. She had to get herself under control. They were in the middle of a staff meeting. “Fine.” She squeaked out. He didn’t believe her. She could tell from the expression on his face. She looked away, glancing at the clock on the wall. They still had another thirty minutes before the meeting ended.

“I’m not sure I understand what happened. You said the perfume would have everyone begging to please me. It’s not working.” Dianna snapped, tossing the bottle back at Miranda.

“It needs some time to take effect.” Miranda shrugged. “You can’t expect it to work all at once.”

“Well, how long are we talking?” Dianna asked annoyed.

“An hour? Maybe two.”

“An hour?” She scoffed. “Yeah, that’ll go over well.” She muttered under her breath.

“Or you can do your dirty work without my help. Makes no difference to me.” Miranda said.

“I think I’m going to need a larger order.”

Fifteen minutes. Fifteen minutes until the meeting ended. She could do this. She just had to act professionally. They were at work. When they got home she could take him upstairs or in the kitchen….or living room….or right there at the front door… and have her way with him. Now, they were at work. She had to focus on work. They had to get to the bottom of the break-in at S.T.A.R. Labs. They also needed to figure out who was behind all this Superman Propaganda and why. They were very busy. They didn’t have time for any distractions.

She cast a sideway glance at Clark once more. No, she couldn’t do this. She couldn’t go all day thinking about him like this; her body responding to him like this….

She guided his hand up her thigh, brushing the lace of her thigh highs against his thumb. His muscles tighten at her touch. She smiled to herself. Feeling bolder, she lowered herself to the edge of the chair, allowing her skirt to bunch up at the sides. She guided his hand upward…

Focus. Focus.

“I’d known Bill Church for a number of years. I knew he’d had heart problems, but I never imagined he’d die from a heart attack. He had the best doctors money could buy….”

She bit her lower lips as his finger grazed against her, teasing her with his touch. She could feel her chest throbbing beneath the fabric of her bra, aching for his touch. This had been a bad idea. There was no way she’d be able to get through the day without…

She slipped her hand in his lap, feeling the effect she’d had on him beneath his slacks. How much longer until this meeting was over? Feeling bolder, she pressed her palm against his inner thigh. She felt his body stiffen beneath her touch.

“Lane, Kent, what’s the status on the break in at S.T.A.R. Labs?” Perry barked.

She removed her hand from his lap. She couldn’t seem to get her mouth to cooperate in order to respond.

“We’re still running through the list of possible suspects. We’re still waiting for a copy of the security tape at S.T.A.R. Labs.” Clark responded coolly as he continued to massage her inner thigh. She watched him with admiration. The super willpower he had definitely came in handy. Perry turned his attention to another unsuspecting victim.

Her body was on fire. She wanted him so bad. She bit her lower lip, trying to suppress a moan. She knew once this meeting was over there was no way she’d be able to go all day without….

She felt him withdraw his hand, closing her legs and tugging her skirt back down her legs. She frowned and glanced over at him questionably.

“All right, that’s it,” Perry said. Everyone around them began gathering their things and making their way toward the exit.

They were at work. She reminded herself.

“How is this possible?” Henderson asked himself as he watched the tape.

“What is it, Inspector?” Detective Wolf asked.

“I’ve gone through all the tapes and there is no footage of the robbery on it.”

“Could the tapes be edited?”

“The timestamp hasn’t changed.”

“Maybe there’s an invisible man out there.” Detective Wolf joked.

“You want me to what?” Bill Church asked skeptically.

“Get Superman at that party tonight. It’s a social event. He’ll show up to support his friends and smile at the camera. You are after all donating a good sum of money towards the Coates Orphanage. That should get his attention. Once he shows up I’ll test the red kryptonite on him.” Dianna replied coolly.

“How exactly am I supposed to invite him?”

“Send a message through courier or one of his friends.” Dianna shrugged. “You want the Kryptonite tested or not?”

“This is the best work you’ve done, Linda,” Mike said, reading over the copy of her latest article. “You were out of touch for a bit. Anything I should know about?”

“No, nothing concrete yet,” Linda said, shaking her head.

Mike looked at her suspiciously. “You wouldn’t hold out on me, would you?”

“Of course not.” Linda smiled. “I’ll see you later tonight.”

“Lo-is…” Clark groaned when she pressed her body up against him. “What has gotten….Mmmmm….into you?”

She nibbled at his earlobe, seductively tugging at it with her teeth. “Why? Are you complaining?” She teased, reaching in between their bodies.

“Never…” He rasped out as she tugged at his tie, pulling him closer. “Just wondering….what….Oh, God, Lois…”

“Wondering what?” She teased, pushing him back towards the conference table. He felt the edge of the table against the back of his legs as she continued her caress. “You didn’t need this much prodding during the staff meeting.” She pouted, reaching for his hands and guiding them to her inner thighs. “I need you so much…”

He groaned when he felt the flesh against his fingertips, “Lois….”

“Clark….” She unbuttoned the top button to his shirt, nipping at the skin beneath.

“Lois, we have to….” He began to argue half-heartedly. Her right leg lifted up, hiking her skirt up just enough to expose the lace of her thigh highs. He groaned in agony. They were at work. They were at work and had a busy schedule. They didn’t have time…. But it was so tempting…

She glided her ankle against his back calf seductively, “Please…”

It was tempting. “Lois…” He pulled away from her, attempting to straighten his tie as he did so. “What has gotten into you?”

“Not what I want.” Lois pouted, glancing over his body appreciatively through her eyelashes. He ignored the gesture. She had shown aggression in their sexual encounters before, but not like this.

A knock at the door caught his attention. He looked up to see Jimmy standing at the door with an unidentified man. “Lois, CK, this is Agent Scardino. He wanted to talk to you guys.”

“You can call me, Daniel.” Agent Scardino smiled at the young couple.

“No thanks.” Lois cut him off. “Listen,” She stepped toward Clark, running her palm along his backside as she spoke, “We’re really busy. Could we reschedule this?” She asked, gently squeezing his buttocks. He did his best not to react.

What was going on with her?

“What do you mean it’s not on camera?” Dr. Klein asked. “We have the best security system money can buy.”

“All I am saying, Dr. Klein, is that the footage shows the vaults closed; then seconds later the vaults are open and empty. How do you explain that?” Henderson asked mildly annoyed.

“I don’t know. The only explanation would be for someone to have hacked into the system, but that would mean it would have…” He stopped.

“Would have what?” Henderson asked.

“It would have had to have been an inside job.” He whispered in a barely audible volume.

“Lois, honey….” Clark whispered as she pressed herself against him, as he closed the front door to their townhome . “What has gotten into you….Oh, God…” He groaned as she pressed her body against his. She’d been like this all day. It had taken everything in him not to whisk her into the nearest supply closet, but he’d had a few rescues throughout the day to keep him distracted.

Quickly she began undressing before him, “Now, where were we?” She stood before him in nothing but the lace bra, thong, and matching thigh highs. The ensemble left little to the imagination. He could see her erect buds beneath the burgundy lace of her bra as she advanced towards him. It was an incredible turn on, but was it right? Something in the back of his head was nagging at him. He couldn’t seem to shake the feeling.

“Lois, are you sure you’re okay?” He asked as she took a hold of his tie, tugging him towards her.

“Why wouldn’t I be?” She purred, popping open his dress shirt one button at a time.

“You’re not usually so aggressive…Oh, God…” He moaned as she tugged on his earlobe with her teeth.

“Clark….” She brushed his shirt off his shoulders and began nipping at his neck seductively. “We went five months without making love. Is it so bad if I’m a little aggressive in making sure we don’t repeat that mistake?”

“Lois…” He moaned in pleasure “Oh, God…” He moaned. She guided his hand in between her legs once more.

Her arms wrapped tightly around him as she lowered her mouth to his erect nipples, teasing them with her teeth. “Please, Clark…” She pleaded with him, slinking her body downward. It was impossible to argue with her further.

Everything was a haze. All she could focus on was the feeling of her husband’s body intertwined with hers and the waves of pleasure that washed over her with every touch and caress. “Cl…” she couldn’t finish. She clung to him in desperation. “Oh, God..” she moaned against him.

“Oh, God, Lois…I love you…” He held her in place, pressing her against the door as he held her close.

“Please don’t ever stop doing that.” She whispered.

“I’m sorry.” He leaned up to kiss her. “I won’t ever do that to us again.” He rasped out. “Oh, God, Lois…”

“Encore. Encore.” She teased, leaning up to kiss him.

TBC...

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube