Print Thread
#272346 10/29/16 09:44 AM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder.

I really struggled to get this story to work. What you have (hopefully) just read is the fourth version. Here's hoping I got the loose ends tied up tight smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Really good story, NK. It begs for a follow-up.
r/
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Thanks, Artemis! smile

As for a follow-up... never say never, but I am trying to get some WIPs out of the way before starting on new stuff.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awww! I loved this smile.

I've been wanting to read it since you posted, but just got the time this morning...

Clark asking Lois out was very sweet. That huge grin on his face as she agrees--I could just picture it! And I really enjoyed that even though the Kerths wasn't 'a date', it was pretty much impossible for them to act like it wasn't wink.

You do a wonderful job writing Perry, btw notworthy. I really enjoyed the last section with his insight. How he knew--immediately--that things were changing between Lois and Clark. And reading how much he was pulling for his reporters was really touching. They all have such a great friendship.

Awesome job!!!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Thanks, Laura smile

I tried to model it a little on their 'almost-first date' from The Phoenix... that increased awareness of each other and the ramp up of the romantic tension between them is one of my favourite parts of S2.
I discovered when I wrote 'What Perry Knows' that Perry is lots of fun to write- the tough as nails exterior with a heart of gold. Funny thing though, I find myself mentally delivering his lines in a Southern accent. And I tried to pull the stories full circle by ending this one with his viewpoint, as 'Muddying the Waters' started with him in that closet.

And now I really must stop playing with the computer and go to my exam...

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh--I had forgotten that! What a cool idea: to start with Perry and then end back with Perry. Great touch smile...

Good luck on your exam!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
He’d noticed the little glances they kept throwing at each other, and the glowing look Lois had worn when Clark had won the award for investigative journalism.

If they thought they were fooling him, they were dead wrong.

Ha! I can just picture what Perry is observing. Those looks, knowing smiles, the silent connection between two people is sometimes so obvious, even if the couple thinks they're being quiet about their status. You've vividly captured the feeling of a relationship that is new and unsure, but already something that could be headed somewhere solid. Good job! thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard