WCCCD
Folc4evneraday
Rated: PG-13
Part 4

“Interesting piece of jewelry you have there, Ms. Stride.” Linda King said examining the necklace she wore.

“It’s my good luck charm; from a dear friend.” Dianna supplied with a smile.

“Well, my compliments to the friend. He certainly has good taste.” Linda remarked.

“That he does.”

“I told Perry we were going to work from home today,” Lois said, sitting down next to Clark.

“That’s probably for the best. Maybe we can try and figure out what happened yesterday. I just don’t understand how I can…NOT remember….”

She could have sworn she saw him blush slightly. Did he suspect….? He would have said something. “Well, do you remember the answering the bank alarm?” Lois asked.

“Bits and pieces.” He explained. “It’s kinda hazy.”

“Do you remember meeting me outside the Planet afterward?”

“I think so.”

“Do you remember Perry introducing us to Dianna Stride?”

“No…” He shook his head.

Lois stared at him apprehensively. What should she do? Let him remember on his own? It was just part of a day; not his whole life. It couldn’t hurt; could it? Returning to their previous dry spell was not what she wanted. Last night for the first time in a long time she had felt like Clark was actually letting her in. She felt loved and cherished in a way she hadn’t in months.

‘Just bite the bullet…’

“Clark?”

“Hmmm?”

“Are you sure you don’t remember what happened after that? Not even a little bit?”

“No.”

“So, you don’t remember us going into the conference room to go over our notes on the arson and the break-in at S.T.A.R. Labs?”

“No.”

“Or us making love?”

“No...” He turned his head to face her, “What?”

“Jimmy!” Perry shouted across the newsroom when he saw the young man run by his office, carrying files towards the research department.

Jimmy stopped and turned towards Perry, “What’s up Chief?”

“What’s this about?” Perry held up a pink slip with a phone message that had been left on his desk.

“Oh, yeah. Lois called earlier while you were out. She and CK are doing some follow-ups on the fires and the break in at S.T.A.R. Labs and they’re gonna work from home today because CK’s not feeling that great.”

“Working from home?” Perry asked curiously, eyebrows raised.

“Yeah.”

“Like they did yesterday afternoon?”

“I guess.” Jimmy shrugged, not catching Perry’s meaning. “I gotta get these files over to Doris…”

Lois’ face flushed, “Well, Perry was introducing us to Dianna Stride….I think it was around then that you started….”

“Started what?” He asked concerned.

She didn’t answer; instead, continuing her story, “Dianna was asking about interviewing us for some piece on Superman. You told them we had a lot of work to do and would get back to her. We went in the conference room and….” She stopped, looking at him in concern, “You don’t remember any of it?” She was holding back tears, trying not to let him see. Even if it wasn’t his fault it still hurt.

“I’m sorry.” He shook his head. “I wish I did. I mean, I figured something was up from the way I woke up this morning…” She recalled the way they had fallen asleep last night and blushed. He placed an arm around her, pulling her against his chest, “I’m sorry…”

“It’s not your fault.” She muttered. She was being bitter and she knew it. She pulled herself out of his arms and stood up. “You were obviously drugged somehow….. I just wish I knew what it was.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Clark asked; an edge in his voice as well.

“Exactly what I said.” She said, “I wish I knew what it was you were drugged with. It’s not like you can be drugged by just anything…”

“That’s not what you meant.” He challenged.

She was getting agitated. He kept pushing her. She really didn’t want to talk about it. “Don’t tell me what I meant. I think I know what I mean when I’m saying it; I don’t need you to translate!” She snapped. He stood in front of her with his arms crossed, waiting for an answer. She hated it when he did that.

“I know you better than that, Lois.”

“You know me?” She challenged; giving a sarcastic laugh. “That’s hysterical because I sure as hell don’t know you anymore. You don’t let me in. You shut me out. You find every excuse in the book to appear as Superman everywhere around the world.” She ticked off each point on her hand as she spoke.

“That is ridiculous!”

“Is it?” She challenged. The tears she had been suppressing were now streaming down her face. “Because all I know is that you never used to hear cries for help like that before; now all of a sudden…” She made a flying gesture with her hand. “Except for yesterday.” She remarked bitterly.

“There weren’t as many disasters before as there are now.” He remarked bitterly. “Between the Kryptonite; the fires, Intergang, this crazy Superman hate group that’s growing, and the remnants of Luthor in Metropolis I’ve been a little busy!”

“A little???” She challenged.

“Can we please just drop it? We need to figure out what happened…”

“No.”

“What?”

“No, I am not going to just drop it. That’s what you’ve been doing with everything for the last five months and I’m sick of it!” She hissed angrily. “You’ve done that with everything. Jordan. Us. Anytime I try to have a conversation with you about anything outside of work….. Superman’s needed and you know what? I’m sick of it! I’m….”

Her rant was silenced by his lips capturing hers as he scooped her into his arms; carrying her determinedly up the stairs towards their bedroom.

“What’s wrong with him?” The young woman asked in a hushed whisper.

The doctor examined the young child carefully then looked up at the woman in concern, “Who is this boy’s father?”

“I…I…”

“His skin is invulnerable, Miss. Who is his father?”

“I can’t tell you.” She said in a hushed whisper.

She leaned back against the mattress as she pulled Clark on top of her; moaning in approval as she felt his hand cup her face, tracing the outline of her jaw. She loved kissing Clark. She lightly traced a path through his hair with her fingertips, enjoying the feel of his hair against her hands. He moaned into her mouth as she lightly tugged on his bottom lip with her teeth. She lightly teased him with the tip of her tongue; inviting him to explore her mouth. “Clark…” She moaned against him.

Oh, God, she needed this. She needed to feel loved in his arms. The fear and pain of losing Jordan had taken an emotional toll on her. The tiny doubts that continued to plague her subconscious wore her down. She needed to feel his skin against hers. She was hurting. It had been five months. The only thing she knew was how good it felt in his arms. The passion between them slowly began to build into a raging inferno as she tightened her arms around him.

She moaned as she felt his tongue trace the outline of her mouth. She moved her hands up to trace his jawline, deepening the kiss. She smiled against his mouth as she slowly slipped her tongue inside his. She felt the rumble against her mouth as he moaned in pleasure. She felt him press his hard frame against her. His arms wrapped tightly around her as their embrace continued. Lois ran her hands up and down his back, trying to find the hem of his shirt. “Oh, God, Clark…” She moaned in approval as she felt the evidence of his arousal pressed up against her hip.

She moved her left leg up and down his leg. She moaned in approval as his hands gently massaged her thigh. “I love you so much.” He whispered against her lips.

Finding the hem of his shirt, she tugged at it; pulling it over his head. He pulled away from her to disentangle himself from the shirt; tossing it to the ground. He lowered himself back into her arms, recapturing her mouth. She moaned in approval against his lips; wrapping her arms around him as she began exploring his broad shoulders, reveling in the feel of him beneath her fingertips.

How could he not remember? He could remember every moan and cry of pleasure she’d ever made before. He’d recalled her scent; her taste each time they made love. He’d never been able to forget; so what had been different? She needed this; just as much as he needed it. He needed to lose himself in her arms. The things she’d said before; they hurt, but some of it had been true. He had been hiding from her; he just hadn’t realized she’d been wise to what he’d been doing.

“Oh, God, Clark…” She moaned. His hands moved to her back, pushing the tank top up her body, revealing her ivory skin to him.

She pushed the shirt back down, “No…” she shook her head.

“Please…” he whispered, lifting the edge of her shirt again, “…don’t do that.” He lowered himself to her abdomen, brushing his lips against the edge of skin exposed.

“Clark…” she sighed, sinking into the mattress.

“You’re so beautiful,” he whispered. He whispered feather light kisses along her abdomen, pushing her tank top up along the way. The scar. It was a constant reminder to both of them of what they had lost. It didn’t matter. He needed this. They needed this. Don’t think about Jordan.

She fought back tears as she felt him brush his hand against the scar on her abdomen. He stopped, lifting his head up to look at her, “I’m so sorry…” he whispered hoarsely. She could feel the heat from the tears as they fell.

She ran her fingers through his hair. “Clark…”

His lips brushed against her abdomen, moving upward, revealing her flesh to him. “Lois…” She could feel the moisture from his tears against her navel as his lips pressed against her scar.

She pulled her tank top over her head, tossing it to the floor. She pulled him upward, whispering feather light kisses against his tearstained cheeks. “Please…” she pleaded, raking his hair with her hands. “Make love to me, Clark…”

“I love you.” His hand gently grazed against the scarred skin where their son had been cut out of her. He lowered his mouth to the skin, conveying the love he felt for her. “…every inch.” He slowly pulled away from her, inching himself back up her body until he was face to face with her once more. He whispered, cupping her cheek. She felt the love in his eyes as he spoke. He lowered his mouth back down to meet hers.

She moaned in approval as his arms tightened around her body, pulling her to him. Her legs wrapped tightly around his waist. He lowered his mouth to meet hers once again. Her body began to quiver at his touch. She didn’t know how much more of this she could take. She wrapped her legs more securely around him, eliciting a moan of pleasure from him. “…please…” she pleaded with him, reaching for him.

“Oh, God, Clark…Oh…” Five months. It had been five months since she’d felt him…Finally. “Oh, Cl…”

He felt her link her arms around his neck, pulling him to her level to kiss him thoroughly. His hands roamed up and down her thighs, caressing her smooth ivory skin. Lois tightened her legs around his waist, feeling the contact she had so desperately sought. She raked her hands through his dark, silky hair; fisting it aggressively. “Yes, …Oh, God, Clark….please yes….more…” She clung to him desperately as she quivered in his embrace. “I need you….”

His body quivered against hers. He was still holding back…No more. No more shutting each other out. She knew one way to get the reaction she wanted. She reached downward…

“Oh, God Baby…”

‘Baby’

There it was. The word he’d yet to use for so long. The single word they’d reserved strictly for the bedroom that had become taboo over the last few months. “Cl…”

He collapsed on top of her, falling back down to the mattress. She clung to him in the aftermath of their lovemaking, panting heavily. Her face was flushed and she had a lopsided smile on her face as she leaned against him.

He smiled against her lips, “Now that you have my undivided attention…” He whispered hoarsely.

She smiled, tightening her legs around him, “I don’t want to move…” She felt his body pulse against her. He tightened his arms around her, pulling her against him.

“I love you, Lois.” He whispered, “Don’t ever forget that.” With that, he leaned down to recapture her mouth once more.

“Were you ever able to take care of that nosey redneck?” Miranda inquired coldly. “I don’t like the idea of having someone out there that can identify Me.”

“We’re taking care of it, Miranda.” Mrs. Cox replied coolly. “Is everything set?”

“I arranged a meeting with Mr. Church for this afternoon,” Miranda replied airily.

“Excellent.”

“I’m telling you it ain’t right,” Bibbo argued with Red Dixon as he cleaned one of the glasses behind the bar. “You got death threats! Why aren’t you goin’ to the police?”

“The police are crooked!” Red argued.

“You got to tell someone!” Bibbo urged.

“No, I don’t!” Red shot back angrily. “I can take care of myself.” With that, he headed out the door.

Bibbo noticed Red’s jacket on the counter and called after him. “Red!” He opened the door to his bar just in time to see Red start the engine to his truck…..

He fell to the ground; a painful heat enveloped him and he surrendered eagerly to the serenity of darkness.

“Finally…” Lois sighed happily, leaning into his arms.

“Oh, God….Five months…” he moaned.

“I know.” She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him in for a kiss. She curled up against him, laying on her side with her back to him. His arms around her waist.

“No more shutting each other out…” Clark murmured.

“No more,” she repeated, wiping a tear from her eyes.

“What is it?” Clark asked.

“I thought I was dying…” she whispered softly, “When I found out I was pregnant …I was so relieved…now I almost wish I was.”

“Lois…” he turned her in his arms to look at him in concern.

“I was so afraid…” she cried. “Now I’d give anything to…”

“I know…” He whispered, holding her close. “I’m so sorry…I don’t know what I would do without you…Losing Jordan …. Just about killed me….I don’t think I could survive if…”

She brushed her fingers against his lips. “I know…” she cried. “Lucy …and everyone…seem to think having another baby would just….fix everything…but…” her voice cracked. “I don’t think I could take it if we had another baby and something else …”

“Shhh..” he whispered, brushing the tears from her eyes, “I know…” he sighed, resting his head against hers. “I would love any child we have, but…it scares me to death….there’s so much…I can’t protect you from…”

“I just feel so cheated…” she sighed. “I have the scar…the stretch marks…I never understood how you could literally ache to hold your baby until now. My heart….it literally feels like its breaking every day…I don’t know. I can’t explain it. I know there’s something someone isn’t telling us about Jordan. I just don’t feel like he’s gone.”

Clark sighed, holding her close. He still wasn’t sure if there was any merit to her claims but seeing how much she was hurting…“Then I guess we’ll figure out what DID happen. You have to stop lashing out at everyone, though. Your sister…everyone just don’t know what to do….how to act…what to say.”

“I know,” she cried. He brushed her cheek with his thumb and pulled her to him, capturing her lips, as he deepened the kiss. He smiled against her lips then stiffened in her arms.

Recognizing his expression, she pulled away, “What is it?” Lois asked concerned. His face was grim. He didn’t say a word. “Clark?”

He held up a finger, signaling for her to give him a minute as he listened. He shook his head, “There was an explosion over on Hobb’s Bay.” He said grimly.

“I’ll meet you there.” She began.

He shook his head, “No.” He gave her ‘that look.’ It was bad. “Please just stay here and see what you can find out about the break-in at S.T.A.R. Labs. I’ll be back as soon as I can.” He quickly spun into the suit, gave her a peck on the cheek and was gone.

Lois sighed, shaking her head. It had to be really bad. She turned on the television and switched it to LNN. The news banner below the anchor read, “Car Bombing: Several Injured and Suspected Homicide. Waiting For Confirmation.”

“Oh, my God…”

TBC...

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube