WCCCD
Folc4evneraday
Rated: PG-13
Part 3

“Are you gonna talk to me or just continue giving me the silent treatment for the rest of the day?” Clark asked, taking a seat next to her in the conference room.

“What is there to talk about? You don’t value my opinion enough to include me in important decisions. It’s fine.” She muttered angrily.

“Lois, that is not true,” Clark argued. “I had Dr. Klein start looking for the Kryptonite right after the attack on the Planet. I have always been able to protect you, but that day I wasn’t able to because of that meteorite. I wanted to make sure something like that never happened again.”

Lois angrily turned to face him. “For the last four months, you have been subjecting yourself to exposure to…to…that poisonous rock. What if something happened to you?”

“Dr. Klein was monitoring the exposure very carefully…” Clark explained.

Lois sighed, “You have an answer for everything, don’t you?”

Clark placed a hesitant arm around her, tightening it around her when she relaxed against him. “I’m sorry. I didn’t know how you would react.” He placed a kiss on her forehead.

“So, were they able to find anything?” Lois asked.

“What do you mean?” Clark asked, uncertain as to what she was referring to.

“The Kryptonite…The antidote…” She prompted.

“Oh, no. We’re getting close I think, but nothing lasting.” Clark explained.

“I want to go with you the next time Dr. Klein does another test,” Lois whispered quietly.

“Assuming we can get the Kryptonite back,” Clark muttered slightly deflated.

“Still no word?” Lois asked concerned.

“No.”

A knock on the door announced Jimmy’s entrance into the conference room, “Lois, CK, Lucy’s on line one for you.”

“Thanks, Jimmy,” Lois said, picking up the phone to answer. “Lois Lane….What? Lucy, slow down. Fine. Okay. Yes, I’ll meet you. Would you calm down? Fine fine fine fine!” She hung up the phone then turned back towards Clark. “I have to go meet Lucy for lunch.” She gave him a quick peck on the cheek. “We’ll finish this later.” He nodded and watched her leave.

“I’ve found some interesting footage on our private surveillance of Metropolis General Hospital.” Mrs. Cox laid several photos in front of Nigel to look at. “It looks like the rise in hormones wasn’t the only thing going on.”

Nigel smiled. “Well, I believe we’ve just found our newest recruit.” Nigel smiled at Mrs. Cox.

“What is it, Lucy?” Lois asked, taking a seat across from her sister at a small diner. “You call me up; telling me I needed to meet you. What’s going on?”

“This DEA Agent came in to investigate the explosion and what happened. We all had to relay what had happened … They’re investigating the drug that was used in the explosion…” Lucy saw her sister’s face fall. She turned away for a moment, biting her lip, “I know. I’m sorry. I just thought you’d rather hear it from me…even if you do hate me.”

Lois sighed, “I don’t hate you, Luce, it’s just…”

“I know,” Lucy cried. “If I could go back in time and change things I would…You’re my best friend and I feel like the only time we see each other is for work…”

Lois bit her lip, trying to keep from crying. She missed her sister, but it was just too hard being around her. It brought up so many memories of everything Lex had done to them. “Luce…”

“I know. I know…It’s my own fault.” Lucy sighed. “I really wish you would stop investigating the hospital. The sooner you deal with your grief the sooner you’ll be able to move forward and you and Clark can try and have another…”

“Lucy, would you just stop it? Just STOP!!” Lois snapped. “I’m sorry that you seem to think everything in the world that happened that day is your fault but it’s not. I do not have the patience or the time to deal with this.” She got up to leave.

“Why can’t we get back to where we used to be?” Lucy asked.

“Because you, mom, dad, and everyone in the world seem to think the band aid for my loss is to have another baby. I don’t WANT another baby. I want my son.” With that, Lois turned on her heel to leave.

Lois arrived back at the Planet to find Clark walking up to the entrance at the same time. “Hi. Where have you been?” she asked.

“Bank alarm.” He explained. At her concerned look, he elaborated. “Don’t worry. Everything was okay. The criminals were caught and apprehended.”

“No Kryptonite?”

“No.” He shook his head.

“Good.” Lois nodded, pushing the button to call the elevator.

“How’s Lucy?”

“Having a pity party,” Lois said angrily. They stepped onto the elevator car and continued their conversation.

“What set it off this time?” Clark asked.

“Some DEA Agent…” Lois said airily. They arrived at the newsroom and stepped off, moving towards their respective desks.

“Lois, Clark, I want you to meet someone,” Perry called. “Dianna Stride, I’d like you to meet Lois Lane and Clark Kent.”

“Pleased to meet you,” Lois said quickly.

Clark nodded a smile at her. Perry continued an elaborate introduction of Dianna and her history with Bill Church Jr, but Lois really wasn’t paying any attention to him. What she was paying attention to was how close Clark kept moving towards her. His hand rested against her buttocks, pulling her close to him. She felt a shiver of delight as his hand moved up and down her backside. What was he doing?

A young blonde woman sat at her desk, typing away. Mrs. Cox approached her with a smile. She held a large manila envelope in her arms as she sashayed towards the unsuspecting woman. She slammed the folder on her desk. The woman jumped and looked up at her shocked. “May I help you?”

“I think you can.” Mrs. Cox smiled back at her. “You’ve been a naughty little girl, Ms. Lang.” Mrs. Cox pulled out several photos from the folder.

“Where- Where did you get these?” Lana asked in shock.

“That’s not your concern, Ms, Lang. What is your concern is what I’m going to do with this information?”

“What are you going to do?” Lana asked apprehensively.

What had just happened? One minute she was standing there with Clark talking to Perry and Dianna Stride. The next minute…

“Oh, God, Clark…” She moaned, tightening her legs around his waist. His lips brushed against the nape of her neck as his hands assaulted her body; sending a pleasurable thrill down her spine. Her back was pressed up against the door of the conference room. The blinds were closed and all she could focus on was the pleasurable thrill she felt every time Clark caressed her body. His lips caressed her collarbone as his hand popped the buttons to her silk blouse; revealing her ivory skin to him.

Over five months. It had been over five months since she had seen Clark like this; sexually aggressive and in need of her. The past few months she had been the one to take the lead. The one to…

“Oh…” She let out a guttural moan. She looked down at him in surprise. When had he removed her bra? Who cared? She tightened her legs around him, arching her back against him.

“Lois…” He whispered, moving his attention downward as he continued the pleasurable assault on her body.

“Cl…” She moaned in pleasure. “Clark… please…..” He felt so good in her arms. She’d missed this. The feeling of his body pressed up against hers. The passionate frenzy with which he assaulted her body… They’d come close to making love several times in the last few months, but never like this. It had been a long time since she’d seen Clark like this.

“Oh, God, Clark…” She felt the fabric being tugged down her legs and let out a guttural moan. He readjusted her in his arms and she hissed in pleasure. His hands glided up and down her thighs as he held her firmly against his solid frame.

“Lois…” He nibbled at her earlobe, tugging at it lightly. “I love you so much…” He whispered in her ear.

She let out an involuntary shudder as he nibbled at her neck. “Clark…” She wrapped her arms around him, pulling him close. He readjusted her in his arms, leaning down to recapture her lips. His hand slipped in between their bodies as he pressed her against him. “Oh, God….Clark…” Her legs tightly wrapped around him as she pulled him closer.

“I love you so much… I need you so much…” He murmured in between open-mouthed kisses.

“I love you too… Oh, Clark…” She moaned, arching her back against him. She clung to him in desperation.

He pressed her against the door and held her in place, gently caressing her backside. “I love you. I need you so much. I missed you so much, baby....” He murmured against her lips.

‘Baby?’ It had been ages since she’d heard him use that term. She’d learned the hard way that that term reminded him of Jordan.

“Clark…” She whispered. All thoughts were cut off when he recaptured her mouth. “Clark…” she moaned in ecstasy. “Oh, God, Clark… yes….please, don’t stop…”

“I won’t ever stop, baby…” He whispered.

‘Baby?’ There was that word again. He’d said it countless times to her in the past, but why did it sound so wrong to be coming from him now?

She let out a moan when he began tugging at her earlobe gently with his teeth. “Cl…” she moaned in ecstasy.

“You are so beautiful…” He murmured against her neck. “And sexy…” The gentle teasing was still there as it always had been whenever they made love. She had to have imagined it. He was fine. It had just been so long for both of them; she just forgot what it felt like to be with him like this. “Oh, God…” he moaned.

She caught his gaze, “I need you…please…” She cried in between open-mouthed kisses.

“I’m right here, baby…” He still knew exactly where to touch her.

‘Baby.’

She could worry about his choice of words later. Right now all she wanted to focus on was Clark. The five-month dry spell they had been suffering was over.

“You are incredible.” He murmured, moving his hand to cup her cheek once more.

“Oh, God, I’ve forgotten…” She whispered, leaning her head back against the door frame. “…how incredible.”

“Need to make up for lost time…” He murmured, pulling her against him.

“Again?” She asked him in surprise.

“Why not?”

“Clark, we’re at work. Someone’s going to notice we’ve been in here a while. The blinds are closed….” Lois tried to argue.

“Then we’ll get out of here.” He whispered. She felt a pleasurable chill run down her spine as his breath brushed against the nape of her neck.

“Clark, we have work to do…” She argued half-heartedly.

“I know.” He whispered, recapturing her mouth. He held her tightly against his solid frame. The ecstasy induced haze began to wash over her once more and all protests on her lips died as she concentrated on her husband and being one with him once more.

“The boss?” Lana echoed. “I thought that was Lex Luthor.”

“Nothing is as it seems, but you know that all too well, don’t you, Ms. Lang?” Mrs. Cox teased snidely.

“So, if I work for …the boss…you keep quiet?” Lana asked, reassuring herself that she understood the agreement.

“As long as you’re a good little girl and do as you’re told I don’t see why not.”

“So, you weren’t affected by the drug?” Agent Scardino asked.

Lucy looked up at him uncomfortably, “Look, Dan, I’m really not comfortable talking about that day. A lot of really bad things occurred that day. My family is still dealing with the repercussions. Could you please talk to someone else about this?”

“You were there. I need your statement.” Dan said pointedly. “Now about the blast…”

Clark awoke to the sound of rain drumming against the window outside his and Lois’ bedroom. He felt a familiar weight against his chest and another familiar weight against his legs. He looked down at the sleeping figure of his wife and was surprised to find her body tightly intertwined with his. It was funny. He didn’t remember falling asleep with her like this. He hadn’t seen her like this in a long time; since before Luthor’s attack on the Daily Planet.

He rolled over on his side to face her; allowing her soft hair to fall against his chest. As he began to register his surroundings. They hadn’t fallen asleep like this in quite some time. His hand brushed against her cheek. He leaned in to kiss her.

He missed this.

His head was fuzzy. He couldn’t seem to remember much of ….anything. What exactly had happened yesterday?

“Lana, I’m glad you’re here.” Lucy smiled at her colleague when she walked through the door. “We’ve had this DEA agent asking questions about the blast a few months ago and the effects it had on people. He wanted to ask you a few questions…”

Lana smiled at Lucy, “Sure.”

“Great,” Dan said, walking up behind Lana, “When can we get started?”

Lana glanced apprehensively between Lucy and Dan but continued to smile. “Now?”

Lois awoke to find herself alone in bed. “Great.” She muttered under her breath, “Some things never change.” She grabbed the robe from the door and wrapped it around herself; making her way towards the kitchen to fix herself some coffee.

She was greeted by the sight of her husband hovering over his laptop with a look of concern on his face. Files were scattered everywhere. He seemed oblivious to her entering the room. “Clark?” She called cautiously. “Everything okay?”

He glanced up; startled slightly to see her, “What?”

She slowly approached him, taking a seat next to him, “I asked if everything was okay.”

“I don’t know.” He said, shaking his head; worry written all over his face.

“What do you mean ‘you don’t know?’?” Lois pressed.

“I don’t know. I can’t seem to remember a lot of the details from yesterday. I remember the fire at the orphanage. I remember us talking about the Kryptonite at S.T.A.R. Labs…” He shook his head in disgust, “I can’t remember anything else.”

Lois stared at him dumbfounded. He didn’t remember? How was that possible? He didn’t remember. They’d finally ended the dry spell in their marriage and he didn’t remember?

“Lois? Did you hear what I just said?”

She smiled weakly at him, “Yeah. Uh, yeah, so…so…you …you don’t…re-remember…ANYTHING??”

“Well, some….in bits and pieces….none of it really makes any sense…” He explained.

“What are you doing here?” She gestured to the files.

“I’m trying to backtrack and see what happened yesterday,” Clark explained.

“Well, I know you had said you answered a call at a bank alarm.” Lois supplied helpfully.

“Yeah, I’ve got that.” Clark pointed to the article; describing the scene. “But there’s nothing else after that…Superman wise.”

Lois bit her lower lip. He really didn’t remember? He didn’t remember taking her into the conference room, locking the door, shutting all the blinds and making love to her for the first time in over five months….

“Lois?”

“Huh?” She gave him a weak smile.

“Where were you?”

“Oh, just somewhere else.” She muttered. “Somewhere else.”

“Do you remember what all happened after the bank alarm?” He asked.

“Well, we were really busy….at the Planet.”

‘In the conference room.’

“We were working on the follow-ups…”

‘In the archives…’

“We…we…were …just really…REALLY busy.”

Clark looked at her cautiously, “So, no Superman the rest of the night?”

'Not if you count him taking you on the ceiling…

“No, just….work…” She got up and headed for the coffee maker to begin brewing some coffee. She could still feel his eyes on her.

TBC...

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube