Print Thread
#272302 10/27/16 04:47 AM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder.

One thing I love about the end of S2 is just how much is going on in every episode. I sidestepped the trial this time around, but who knows, I might find a story in that plotline another time smile

From the comments for the previous instalment...
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
You're really pulling on poor Clark's heartstrings with all this angst. Shall we give him some good news next story?

Sorry, Virginia. I promise the next story will be happier!

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
As always, you get right to the heart of the matter in a very, short, concise way. Poor Clark - he really does put himself into a catch 22 with his secret. Don't tell her and lose her. Tell her and very possibly one her. An emotional rollercoaster for sure, compounded by the fact that he has just been gut checked by thinking she's chosen Dan, only to find out that she really does want him, in spite of the fact that he is a less than stellar boyfriend with his constant disappearingredients act.

Well done!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Thanks for the comments, DC! smile

Poor Clark - he really does put himself into a catch 22 with his secret. Don't tell her and lose her. Tell her and very possibly one her
Yep, by this part of the series he really has dug himself into an enormous hole. I still think he should have told her much, much earlier than this- during TOGOM at the latest. But that's just my opinion.

Digressing...
As always, you get right to the heart of the matter in a very, short, concise way
I've come to the realisation that I will never rack up the word count of you or say, Anti-K, Virginia or groobie. Even my long stories are much shorter than they would be in the hands of a different author. Try as I might, I just cannot write like you guys- when I try to write as descriptively as you, it comes out flat and stilted. Just different writing styles, I guess smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I’ve only delayed the inevitable. And it is inevitable; it’s been so ever since Lois Lane barged into my job interview and into my heart.
Having delayed so long, have I made it so that losing her is also inevitable? Lois doesn’t trust easily; having gained her trust, I now have to destroy it.

What else will I destroy in the process?

Yup, scary time ahead for Clark, but he has to understand and be patient that Lois will eventually understand why he behaved the way he did. Not easy, but it can be done.

As always, your ficlets pack a punch! thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Finally getting some time today to catch up on the boards a bit smile...

One of my favorite scenes--Lois, so seemingly to Clark, showing up out of the blue, choosing HIM, kissing him. Love it--could watch it over (and over and over again)...

I really liked what you pulled from this episode. That almost 'doomed' feeling that Clark would have (after the excited reality of Lois choosing him wears off a bit). No excuses left. Lois wants to be with him, chose him--it's time (even though it was probably time a lot sooner wink ), to man up and tell the truth. To Clark's credit, he does go the next morning to Lois' with every intention to start 'them' in the right place, but I really enjoyed how you left him in bed, later the night of the news, contemplating. Very fitting.

Oh--and how you mentioned their kiss in this scene smile ! Totally agree--the passion--where previously their kisses were either a rouse or very new (at the end of their date)--is mind-blowing. I can totally see how Clark would note that...cherish that. Great addition, Feli smile

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Ooh, more comments smile

Originally Posted by Morgana
he has to understand and be patient that Lois will eventually understand why he behaved the way he did. Not easy, but it can be done.
I think the only saving grace here is that he had no malicious intent; it's not like he set out to cause her (or anyone else) pain, he was merely trying to give himself the best chance of living the normal life he always wanted. And as for patience... it's a good thing he's a very patient man wink

Originally Posted by LMA
hat almost 'doomed' feeling that Clark would have (after the excited reality of Lois choosing him wears off a bit). No excuses left. Lois wants to be with him, chose him--it's time (even though it was probably time a lot sooner wink ), to man up and tell the truth.
That's just it. He is finally out of time. And if he really wants their relationship to work, he has to let her in.

Thanks everyone! smile

Features Writer
Features Writer
Don't recall any other author so clearly let alone concisely describing Clark's feelings at this point in time. Beautifully done! clap thumbsup

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Thanks Cuidadora! blush

Kerth
Kerth
I’ve only delayed the inevitable. And it is inevitable; it’s been so ever since Lois Lane barged into my job interview and into my heart.
Having delayed so long, have I made it so that losing her is also inevitable?

And that's the irony, isn't it? We understand Clark's motivation for delaying, but that delay causes its own set of challenges. We can only hope for Lois to understand, too, and for her to open her heart and embrace the future rather than dwelling on the past.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Kerth
Kerth
Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
I've come to the realisation that I will never rack up the word count of you or say, Anti-K, Virginia or groobie.

/groobie does spit take. Thanks for the compliment, but I in no way belong to that kind of rarefied air! Anti-K, and Virginia, and Deadly Chakram, and Sue...I can't even begin to reach their word counts. Virginia and her massive epics - it took me all last summer just to read them! And Ken...unbelievably prolific! No, my stories are humbler by far. Maybe if I ever wrote a story with even the hint of an A-plot...LOL. Nah, not my wheelhouse! laugh

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I love that kiss. Yes. That episode made our hearts leap into our throats and drop into our stomachs, time and time again. Rollercoaster is a great description of that feeling. Yes, Clark, you have no more excuses.

As someone mentioned earlier, he does PLAN on telling her the next morning, except for the dratted phone call from his barber. wink What if Lois was ready when Clark arrived and they had already been out the door before the call came? What if he had already told her? But that's another episode.

I can clearly sense his fear at telling Lois the truth, savoring the goodness and wonderfulness that Lois having finally chosen him, but knowing that NOW he has to tell her the truth and possibly lose everything he has currently earned. That dread would surely make that night one where sleep eludes him.

I've come to the realisation that I will never rack up the word count of you or say, Anti-K, Virginia or groobie. Even my long stories are much shorter than they would be in the hands of a different author. Try as I might, I just cannot write like you guys- when I try to write as descriptively as you, it comes out flat and stilted. Just different writing styles, I guess
And here I am, admiring all those writers who can concisely tell a story. You, Lynn SM, and Queen of Capes have a beautiful gift of brevity that many of rambling (okay, I'm the only rambling storyteller in this bunch) writer wishes we could accomplish. Although, with her Quotable series Anti-K is proving herself quite a master (mistress?) of both lengths. /burning with envy/ Practice and a broken inner-editor seems to be my problem... er... gift. laugh I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard