Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hope you are all enjoying the ride!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
So glad to see another chapter post smile...

I'm happy that both Mayson and Lois were able to see Clark, and that Lois and Clark were able to talk a little bit. Even though Lois is still hurt and mad (which I totally think she has a right to be, considering they were months in to a committed relationship and Clark still hadn't been honest with her...), I'm glad that her priorities are in the right place, and she realizes that Clark's health is the most important thing, and that they will come out of this stronger together.

Really good friends are such an asset, and they don't come around all the time. I'm glad that the three of them realize that they are linked by some huge information, they can depend on each other, and also, that they are lucky to have the friendships that are there or developing with each other.

Looking forward to more smile
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
So glad to see another chapter post smile...

I'm happy that both Mayson and Lois were able to see Clark, and that Lois and Clark were able to talk a little bit. Even though Lois is still hurt and mad (which I totally think she has a right to be, considering they were months in to a committed relationship and Clark still hadn't been honest with her...), I'm glad that her priorities are in the right place, and she realizes that Clark's health is the most important thing, and that they will come out of this stronger together.

Really good friends are such an asset, and they don't come around all the time. I'm glad that the three of them realize that they are linked by some huge information, they can depend on each other, and also, that they are lucky to have the friendships that are there or developing with each other.

Looking forward to more smile
Laura

Glad you're enjoying it!

You're right. Lois is completely in the right here. Clark's waited FAR too long to tell her the truth. Add to that the fact that Mayson knows...Clark has every reason to be very, very afraid right now.

But Lois is smart and knows where she needs to focus. Perhaps it's a good thing that she's used to swallowing down a lot of the hurt that other men have caused her. It helps her put her anger here aside to ensure that Clark lives long enough for her to let him know how much he's hurt her.

Good friends are definitely an asset. And sometimes, the unexpected ones can be the most meaningful.

More to come soon!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I read this the other day on my iPhone. Let me apologize for not having time to comment before now.

How frustrating for Lois to not be able to have access to Superman / Clark at the hospital without Mayson's help! Scary foreshadowing of what the future might bring, should they be married and she could be denied access to her husband. mecry Thank goodness for Dr Klein!

I hope Lois gets on her Mad Dog face and finds out who exposed Superman to a Kryptonian virus. Will it be Mindy or is it someone else? Was he exposed in Japan or did it happen earlier and he only started feeling bad at that time?

I hope they find another way to treat Clark than by Krytponite. What a horrible cure!

I can understand Lois's anger at him not telling her earlier about his dual identities but this certainly isn't the time or place to confront him about it. As they say in Princess Bride, first we'll heal you and then we'll torture you (paraphrasing, of course).

What's next? /anxiously biting fingernails/ Hoping Clark's better soon, so Lois can give him her best shot! smile

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Virginia!

No worries. I read on my phone all the time. And then sometimes completely forget to follow up with feedback once the kids are in bed and I am free to use my computer.

To be fair, Lois didn't *need* Mayson to get to Clark. Mayson was just a convenient ride for him. She could have called a cab, had she thought of it. If anything, Mayson was dependent on Lois to have access to Clark - Dr. Klein doesn't know Mayson from a hole in the wall. But Lois is known to him, so he'd always let her pass.

Lois will crack the case by the end. It's off-page, but they do get caught! (I wanted to keep this more of the illness/struggle with the secret.)

Perfect quote/idea. Lois is well aware of the wrong time/wrong place. Which, of course, is all the more frustrating! evil He'd better not die without her getting to confront him, huh?

Thanks for stopping in!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Linked Image]
They wouldn't even confirm that he was there, even though Mayson herself demanded access to him.
Couldn’t Mayson make up something about her being there to have the dangerous vigilante arrested, now that he’s finally no longer able to resist?

"Mayson's the one who found him in his...unwell state," Lois clarified, purposefully staying as vague as possible, in the event of prying ears.
Yeah, Mayson’s Superman’s *other* professional caregiver.

than I'm not certain any of the traditional methods are going to work. Still, we can try and hope."
Good thing Lois’s going to kill Superman, then, isn’t it?

Dr. Klein interrupted. "My best guess is that it's something only Krypton has ever seen.
KRYPTONIAN SCIENTIST: Yeah, that? It’s called sneezles. We go through 5000 tons of tissues every year thanks to it. He should be up and about again in…uh…another 13 days or so. And have him eat hot egg-layer soup. With dried grain strips.

It's possible the radiation stimulated the virus."
Ooooh! Like the Hulk?
HULK’d-out VIRUS: Puny super man.

Dr. Klein signed and rubbed at his tired eyes. "I'm trying to manually cool his body. We've got cooling blankets and ice packs on him, but it's a gamble at best.
Couldn’t they suspend him in liquid nitrogen?

she told me about how hard it had been to breathe, how every single breath was an exhausting effort. I nodded and offered what words of encouragement I could, but I didn't understand it in the least.
[Linked Image] Lex Luthor has kidnapped Lois and taken her to his Alpine stronghold where he plans to do despicable things to her.
CLARK: shock Thanks, now I get it.

"You being here is enough." A thought seemed to come to him. "Wait...you walked in together, didn't you? Did you two...come to the hospital together?"
Realizing that his girlfriend and his other friend who’s also a girl are starting to swap stories and this means all his secrets are going to get blown out of the water?

She wasn't sure what had happened to the man once his actions had become common knowledge in the journalism world, but he'd never again done any kind of reporting, which was just fine with Lois.
He’s probably off on some tropical island, writing up stories for LFI and dating another woman each day. Well, at least till he’s gone through the available dating pool, all ten of them, and then he got to start all over again. So, in a sense, he’s in a polygamous marriage with ten women on a tropical island getting paid to write about his escapades as a scoundrel reporter.

Had she stumbled upon his secret in those early days, when he was an unwanted partner and a brand new superhero, she absolutely would not have hesitated to print the story of his dual identities.
Instead of using it to get her superhero into her bedchamber?

For the first time in my life, I want to fight for a relationship, instead of walking away."
Peaked under the blanket, has she?

Lois smiled at little and chuckled in turn. "I guess so. So, what do you say? Friends?"

"Friends," Mayson affirmed, briefly shaking Lois' outstretched hand at a red light.
Yeah, he’s sooo dead.

It's just not in his nature to condemn a person for doing what they thought was right."
LEX: See? I told you Superman would never condemn me for doing my very best to save humanity from the alien menace and claim Lois as my bride.

"So...can I ask? And you can feel free to tell me to buzz off if you'd like. But..." She hesitated, as though unsure how to phrase her question.
‘…how’s he between the sheets? I mean, he’s Superman, so…does he float?’

"That's his true strength," Lois murmured to herself, the words nearly lost into the bear's soft fur as she hugged it close. "His heart." She sighed as she turned out the lamp, plunging the room into darkness. "Please be okay."
Awww…
LEX: So, it would be a bad thing then if I mounted a shard of Kryptonite on an I-beam and ran that through the middle of his chest?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, again!

Couldn’t Mayson make up something about her being there to have the dangerous vigilante arrested, now that he’s finally no longer able to resist?

Mayson: *blinks* Well, damn, I missed my chance!

Mayson: Lois? Lois? Why do you have that knife...?

Good thing Lois’s going to kill Superman, then, isn’t it?

Pretty much.

KRYPTONIAN SCIENTIST: Yeah, that? It’s called sneezles. We go through 5000 tons of tissues every year thanks to it. He should be up and about again in…uh…another 13 days or so. And have him eat hot egg-layer soup. With dried grain strips.

rotflol clap

Couldn’t they suspend him in liquid nitrogen?

Dr. Klein: Nah, they won't give me access ever since that one little incident twelve years ago....err...I mean...*cough*

Lex Luthor has kidnapped Lois and taken her to his Alpine stronghold where he plans to do despicable things to her.
CLARK: Thanks, now I get it.

Oh dear, his pulse ox levels just dropped off the charts. Someone call a code...

Realizing that his girlfriend and his other friend who’s also a girl are starting to swap stories and this means all his secrets are going to get blown out of the water?

Well, it's not bad if *everything* gets blown out of proportion, right? A little exaggeration can be...helpful.

He’s probably off on some tropical island, writing up stories for LFI and dating another woman each day. Well, at least till he’s gone through the available dating pool, all ten of them, and then he got to start all over again. So, in a sense, he’s in a polygamous marriage with ten women on a tropical island getting paid to write about his escapades as a scoundrel reporter.

Lois: sick

Peaked under the blanket, has she?

Lois: angel-devil

Awww…
LEX: So, it would be a bad thing then if I mounted a shard of Kryptonite on an I-beam and ran that through the middle of his chest?

Clark: Uh....help?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1
Mayson: *blinks* Well, damn, I missed my chance!
Darn that, right?

Mayson: Lois? Lois? Why do you have that knife...?
Funny how it’s glowing green, too, huh?
LOIS: It’s so you can more easily find the interloper.

Dr. Klein: Nah, they won't give me access ever since that one little incident twelve years ago....err...I mean...*cough*
[Linked Image]

Oh dear, his pulse ox levels just dropped off the charts. Someone call a code...
evil Knew that this would work hyper

Well, it's not bad if *everything* gets blown out of proportion, right? A little exaggeration can be...helpful.
Like what happened during that ski trip?

[Claude’s advantures]

Lois: /Is feeling very first trimester/
evil

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Catching up on stories tonight. Sorry for the delay - RL has been incredibly busy lately.

The friendship between Lois and Mayson in this story is a good change from canon. There can still be some tension between them, they don't have to agree on everything, but they can have a peaceful detente and come together on what's important, their shared support for Clark. Nice scene with Clark - I'm sure he gained at least a piece of mind from knowing Lois was by his side even after the reveal.

On to the next part...

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Pic of Freeze]

clap rotflol

Like what happened during that ski trip?

Cat: Don't look at me. I didn't start any rumors. huh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Catching up on stories tonight. Sorry for the delay - RL has been incredibly busy lately.

The friendship between Lois and Mayson in this story is a good change from canon. There can still be some tension between them, they don't have to agree on everything, but they can have a peaceful detente and come together on what's important, their shared support for Clark. Nice scene with Clark - I'm sure he gained at least a piece of mind from knowing Lois was by his side even after the reveal.

On to the next part...

No worries! RL often gets in the way of things for me too. smile

Glad you like the budding friendship between Lois and Mayson. I think we got a few glimpses of a potential friendship in canon, and if Clark hadn't factored into things, they could have maybe worked past their differences. Which is basically what's happening here. They aren't vying for Clark, which is giving them a chance to see eye to eye.

Clark did take comfort in Lois being there. He's not at peace, per se, as he is still worried how Lois is going to react once they are in the clear/if he gets better and they really get the chance to talk.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard