Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I love Vatman, more for everything between the lines than not, and for all that was left unsaid. But I hate The Rival, precisely for everything that wasn't said AND for all the things that were. And parts of The Foundling are cool and parts are meh, for me, so this is quite the even mix of Quotables!

(Oh, and I posted All Shook Up, too, since I somehow skipped it last time. :o)

Hope you enjoy -- and at least I got my least favorite episode out of the way!

Kerth
Kerth
12:
Yes, something closer. They both felt it in the scene - that undeniable connection between them. Though he had no memory of her, Lois had become imprinted, had become part of Clark, in a way that was recognizable anyway. Sigh...lovely!

16:
That was what she’d thought, anyway. But Clark sat there at the table, his eyes fixed on his hands as he relayed the globe’s messages, and Martha was filled with sudden shame.
OMG! A knife to my heart! That thought is devastating!
He was their son, but hers too, and in the end, she could imagine it--giving their son his best chance at life no matter how scared they were or what it might cost them.
Yeah, the love they both share for the child they share bridges all space and time. Very well put!

17:
that young man, something that had gotten under Lois’s skin in record time, something that made Lois’s skepticism now seem just a bit forced, almost as if it was made purely out of habit rather than real disbelief.
Exactly. The battle of wills, the fact that Clark stands up to Lois and gives as good as he gets (particularly in Season 1), the challenge that Clark presents...that's why Lois can't resist him, even though she tries to pretend that she can. A strong, powerful woman needs her equal. wink

18:
Almost. He’d almost been a part of something. He’d almost had the same feeling every human in the world--no matter how alienated they felt at any given moment--had and took for granted. He’d almost been a part of a group, a collective, a plural.
Awwwww! Great repetitive use of the almost theme. Clark's need for that connection - it's a very human need. It makes his Kryptonian heritage irrelevant. Almost... wink

Susan, who adores Barry, because Vatman will forever be Barry in her eyes. I assure you, his hourly rate is quite affordable. laugh

Last edited by groobie; 11/05/16 01:11 AM. Reason: added part 12

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks, groobie! I love the word 'imprinted' you used for #12 -- the mental image of an amnesiac Clark following Lois around like a baby duck definitely made me chuckle! Some of my favorite moments between Lois and Clark are when he stands up to her and then her reaction. goofy Aww, I like your Barry too!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard