Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Apparently S2 of Supergirl will cast a former werewolf (Teen Wolf’s Tyler Hoechlin) as Clark Kent (but apparently only for a couple of episodes), and a former Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter) as the US President. Also some other familiar DC characters have been cast, e.g. Snapper Carr and Maggie Swayer. Looks like it'll be fun!

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/supergirl/40487/supergirl-season-2-first-poster-more-casting-news

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Just saw the first episode - quite good fun, with Clark and Kara teaming up to deal with some mechanical assassins and an attempt to murder Lex Luthor's sister. Mysterious pod from outer space is still mysterious.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Marcus Rowland
Just saw the first episode - quite good fun, with Clark and Kara teaming up to deal with some mechanical assassins and an attempt to murder Lex Luthor's sister. Mysterious pod from outer space is still mysterious.

Yes, the show is quite fun and its lightness reminds me a lot of LnC:TNAoS.

I was glad to hear Lois mentioned by Clark (obviously they are dating, but I'm not quite sure she "knows". Clark's answer to Cat Grant, "You know,
I'd say that she has room in her life for both of us", can be understood one way or the other... Let's hope she will appear in the show. (There are some rumours of a Superman show, so who knows?)

I liked Tyler Hoechlin's Superman, but I admit that, even if his klutzy Clark is rather traditional, I prefer Dean Cain's take on the character. Anyway, he fits quite well in that SM universe and his interactions with Kara were great.

I'd love if the plot had Jeremiah Danvers (Dean Cain's character, for those who were stuck in the Phantom Zone last season) turned into a cyborg Superman and fighting Supergirl and Superman. This would be a really nice twist. (But I'd love a happy ending for the character, though...)

Anyway, I'm so fed up of the movies' dark and brooding Superman, I was glad to watch the CW's DC Universe.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I finally had a chance to watch the season opener of Supergirl. I could do without the klutzy/nerdy interpretation of Clark, but other than that, I really liked it. And at least Hoechlin didn't go to the same painful lengths as Reeve; Hoechlin's Clark was at least semi-believable.

Millefeuilles, what rumors have you heard about a Superman show? Are you thinking of the show "Krypton"? If so, I've good news and bad news for you. The good news is that it isn't just a rumour; they are currently casting it. The bad news is that Clark won't be in it. It will take place a couple of generations pre-Clark.

Joy,
Lynn

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
I just watched the first episode of the second season, I personally get the feeling that Lois does know given the phone conversation he had with her later. Also given the fact that Jimmy Olsen in this incarnation knows that he's Superman it would make sense that as his girlfriend she would know

Last edited by Crazy_Babe; 10/19/16 05:45 AM. Reason: Typo

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I finally had a chance to watch the season opener of Supergirl. I could do without the klutzy/nerdy interpretation of Clark, but other than that, I really liked it. And at least Hoechlin didn't go to the same painful lengths as Reeve; Hoechlin's Clark was at least semi-believable.

Millefeuilles, what rumors have you heard about a Superman show? Are you thinking of the show "Krypton"? If so, I've good news and bad news for you. The good news is that it isn't just a rumour; they are currently casting it. The bad news is that Clark won't be in it. It will take place a couple of generations pre-Clark.

Joy,
Lynn

Bonjour Lynn,
The Superman show rumors are coming from a Hoechlin interview :
http://moviepilot.com/p/tyler-hoechlin-superman-cw-series/4119192
This has nothing to do with the Krypton show.

I really liked the second ep, too. Hoechlin's Superman is muuuch better than the movies incarnations: at least, he seems easy-going and happier with his life. But Cain's Superman is still the very best, IMHO.
I'd LOVE to see Lois: now that Kara has become a reporter, perhaps she'll meet her somewhere. It'd be fun...

Millefeuilles

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Millefeuilles,

Thanks for the link. At this point, I would call the article more speculation than anything else. It sounds like a Superman series hasn't been absolutely ruled out, but it isn't likely to happen any time soon, if at all. I'd be delighted if such a series came to fruition (as, I suspect, most of us here would be), but I'm not holding my breath. Unlike Clark, I can't hold it for a very long time...

To me, Dean's Clark was far and away the best, but Christopher Reeve's Superman outshown all others. Of course, the two could not be combined into a single character, since their very cores were so different. (Dean's Clark was the real person in L&C, but Christopher Reeve's Clark was just a disguise.)

I liked Hoechlin's interpretation better in the second episode. The one thing I disliked had nothing to do with his performance and everything to do with the writing -- I didn't like his getting so upset about the existence of Kryptonite at the DEO, to the extent that he would end a friendship over it. It made him seem petty and a bit cowardly to me. After all, think about how many things exist that can kill human beings and that we live with every day -- some of which we even keep in our homes or work places. There's only one substance that Clark has to worry about, and it had been thought to be stored under highly secure circumstances. That he would be willing to end a friendship and hold a grudge over its existence just doesn't seem very Superman-ly to me.

But that is a minor complaint. I would still very much like to see a lot more of this Superman.

Joy,
Lynn

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Hi Millefeuilles,
To me, Dean's Clark was far and away the best, but Christopher Reeve's Superman outshown all others. Of course, the two could not be combined into a single character, since their very cores were so different. (Dean's Clark was the real person in L&C, but Christopher Reeve's Clark was just a disguise.)

In the first two movies, especially the Donner cut, Clark is shown as much less then Superman but still his attitudes clearly show through in some of Superman's reactions. I think L&C's Clark is much more comfortable being himself, whereas Reeve's Clark was still overshadowed by his AI Father's ideas.

Dandello in her much of her Superman Returns fanfic does a nice job of combining the two, and there are some others that do it nicely as well, Tandrelmairon's Getting Eaten Alive is great fun.

Someone, likely Danello in one of her tales, has a character, talking with another character who has just met Clark Kent and is underwhelmed by him quote Paul at 2nd Corinthians 10:10 (NWT)“His letters are weighty and forceful, but his presence in person is weak and his speech contemptible.” The character continues saying it is the same with Clark, his articles are hard hitting well researched, pull no punches, and so on.

My wife has been an on-site apartment manager for decades, she has the ability to put on a smiling friendly "face" at anytime, regardless of her real mood or feelings, when dealing with residents. She has entirely different body language when dealing with residents, her bosses, and our friends.

I tend to think of Christopher Reeve's Clark and Superman as both just different "Faces" he presents. Likewise Cain's Clark and Superman showed different faces, and often a third face when dealing with Lois.

Framework4

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard