Pulitzer
Well, they are on the paper.

Comments go here.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yea another chapter! Jon having heard all of the Lois Lane stories knew he needed to follow Hattie fortunately. I wonder what Lois will tell her and not be a hypocrite...

Will Hattie ever tell JJ what nearly happened to her? Speaking of JJ his reporting style is similar to Clark's with the human interest stories being his forte.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Greetings!

It wasn’t too long before JJ found some human interest stories for the paper. In their school there was a handicapped individual in a wheelchair. His story detailed how he had been a passenger in his father’s car when they were hit by a drunk driver.

The result of the article was increased understanding of his situation and a less standoffish attitude by the other students.

Perfect! The students have a better understanding of why this young man is in a wheelchair. Empathy for his situation leads them to get to know him better.

Jon followed him and after he went inside his home, Jon wrote a note and left it under the windshield wiper. It read, “I saw what you tried to do. That little girl really put the hurt on you. If you try that again, I’ll tell everybody about the little girl that took you out.” He left it unsigned. The note showing up on his car should lead him to believe that it was written by someone that knew him and was a witness. He wouldn’t know who it was and it most likely would drive him buggy trying to figure out just who it was.

More than a note would be needed to stop such a jerk.

Hattie buried her head in Jon’s chest again, so she couldn’t see it, but Jon smiled. He had been her guardian angel, but she didn’t know it and it would have to stay that way. He could see though, that if nothing were done, it could become a full time job. He suggested, “Why not talk it over with my mom. I’m sure she would have some suggestions. She might help you not get in over your head.”

This is the best advice Jon could give. It is a hard world out there, Hattie needs to protect herself.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the FDK!

Originally Posted by Mike M
Yea another chapter! Jon having heard all of the Lois Lane stories knew he needed to follow Hattie fortunately. I wonder what Lois will tell her and not be a hypocrite...

Will Hattie ever tell JJ what nearly happened to her? Speaking of JJ his reporting style is similar to Clark's with the human interest stories being his forte.

Mike

She can caution her about putting herself in too much danger. Voice of experience should count for something. It happened to her often enough.

Actually, Jon saved her from the attack, so there will be nothing to tell.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!
Originally Posted by Morgana
Greetings!

It wasn’t too long before JJ found some human interest stories for the paper. In their school there was a handicapped individual in a wheelchair. His story detailed how he had been a passenger in his father’s car when they were hit by a drunk driver.

The result of the article was increased understanding of his situation and a less standoffish attitude by the other students.

Perfect! The students have a better understanding of why this young man is in a wheelchair. Empathy for his situation leads them to get to know him better.

Mike had also noted the similarity between Clark’s and JJ’s styles. That was brought out in ‘Hattie and the Main Street Bomber’. That was exactly the same reason that Lois and Clark recruited him to partner with Hattie.

Jon followed him and after he went inside his home, Jon wrote a note and left it under the windshield wiper. It read, “I saw what you tried to do. That little girl really put the hurt on you. If you try that again, I’ll tell everybody about the little girl that took you out.” He left it unsigned. The note showing up on his car should lead him to believe that it was written by someone that knew him and was a witness. He wouldn’t know who it was and it most likely would drive him buggy trying to figure out just who it was.

More than a note would be needed to stop such a jerk.

I don’t know. The idea that there could be someone out there that could reveal what happened could be a deterrant.

Hattie buried her head in Jon’s chest again, so she couldn’t see it, but Jon smiled. He had been her guardian angel, but she didn’t know it and it would have to stay that way. He could see though, that if nothing were done, it could become a full time job. He suggested, “Why not talk it over with my mom. I’m sure she would have some suggestions. She might help you not get in over your head.”

This is the best advice Jon could give. It is a hard world out there, Hattie needs to protect herself.

I feel certain that Lois would give her sound advice.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard