Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Aha! More skulduggery is afoot. shock While Lana prepares for her glossy high society wedding, Gregory Daae begins to show what a schemer he truly is. Clark and Lois need to watch out!

Last edited by Morgana; 10/07/16 09:31 PM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Another really great chapter, Morgana smile...

I very much liked how it was organized--how you went through different characters from the story and showed how today, the wedding, was effecting them. It was really interesting.

I was hoping for Lois to get some time with Clark--help cheer him up--but I'm sure a football game with a friend will help quite a bit, too.

Very intrigued by all that I'm sure is to come--fantastic job!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
LMA

I very much liked how it was organized--how you went through different characters from the story and showed how today, the wedding, was effecting them. It was really interesting.

I was hoping for Lois to get some time with Clark--help cheer him up--but I'm sure a football game with a friend will help quite a bit, too.

Very intrigued by all that I'm sure is to come--fantastic job!

Each person was affected differently by the Daae wedding. Arianna's was probably the most painful of the bunch. She had a hope - no matter how vague - that after Lex's business had been taken and their marriage was over Gregory would renew their previous relationship. Now that hope is gone and the reality of her life is crashing down around her. From the little snippets mentioned in previous chapters, Gregory genuinely loved Arianna; unfortunately, she dropped him for another man and the pain of that betrayal had never truly healed.

Arianna shall eventually realize that and move on ...

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
Wow...Arianna sure is bold for just flat out telling her husband that she's still in love with another man. shock It's almost enough for me to feel sorry for Lex. crazy There's no way Lana could have expected anyone from Metropolis to go to the wedding. She burned Clark; she can't possibly think that would draw friends to her side. Nice way of using the wedding as a way of bringing all of the supporting characters back in to the story. thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Groobie

As for sending people invitations? It was her way of saying to everyone in Smallville that she was now 'somebody'. Another miscalculation.

Any love Arianna might have had for Lex was long gone after all of his cheating, especially with Mindy Church. Although I don't examine the relationship between her and Gregory, at one time their romance was deep and she was the one who put it to an end. Before Gregory's head was turned by Lana, Arianna thought she could begin again with him. To her everlasting regret that calculation was wrong.

In this story Lex is a snake, he just doesn't cause quite as many problems as usual in this alt-universe. frown

As for sending invitations to the people of Smallville? This was her way of telling everyone that Lana Lang-Daae had come a long way from her Kansas roots. Nervy, but that's Lana.

Morgana

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Pete Ross as well as every person she had invited from Smallville had returned the invitation with the NO box firmly checked off. Her mother had warned her, she should not have been surprised that so many of their former neighbors had sided with Clark Kent. Lana snorted mentally, those small minded people lived in an aptly named town; they had no idea that her relationship with Clark had been simply going nowhere. Gregory offered her everything. Someday soon she intended to present him with the one thing he wanted above all else – an heir.

Go Pete! And kudos to Mrs. Lang for telling her daughter like it is.
“I have always suspected that you still loved him, nonetheless, Gregory has made his choice, just as you have made yours. This is the social event of the year, it is paramount that we, as the leading couple of Metropolis society, make our appearance. He is, after all, my business partner and as the papers says our ‘dear’ friend. He looked at his Rolex watch, “I expect you to be ready in fifteen minutes.”

Arianna looked up at him, realizing he would accept no excuse, her eyes previously brimming with sadness were now beacons of anger mingled with defeat.

“Fifteen minutes,” she answered mechanically, got off the couch and walked to her bedroom.

I almost feel sorry for Arianna....ALMOST.

His mind turned to Lana, she with her youthfulness and intelligence had brought spark into a life that heretofore had been consumed by the accumulation of wealth. In time, he hoped she would become enceinte and provide an heir. Normally he did not consider himself a jealous man, but the matter of her former boyfriend was of some note to him. He was certain Templar’s Daily Planet minion would be of assistance in that quarter, although he had no intention of telling Templar that.

<cracks knuckles> You and what army???
“Hey Clark, open up! It’s your old roommate!”

With steps taken at super speed he spun into street clothes and was opening the front door. He said with genuine relief, “Pete! What do I owe this visit?”

His friend walked inside and said. “One of the doctors had to work an extra shift; he gave me his tickets to the Metros’ football game. I thought since neither one of us is exactly doing handsprings about today’s ‘celebration’ we could go. What’s the worst that could happen? Maybe our favorite team will win for a change.”

Clark’s face split into a grateful smile. “A game would be great! Let’s get out of here!” Taking only a moment to grab his wallet and keys the two friends exited the apartment talking excitedly.

Fifteen minutes later Lois knocked on his front door, she waited for him to answer, but the apartment was silent.

Awwww.... two good friends trying to look out for Clark. I like...

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard