Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, if you're like me and totally and completely forgot about these, then at least I'm in good company! grin But I've been watching through the show again recently, and I felt compelled to pull these out and work on them when I started seeing all those little moments that are so tempting to explore further. Brevity still isn't my forte, sadly, but they are a fun exercise.

Hope you enjoy these tiny little nibbles of L&C!

Last edited by AntiKryptonite; 10/20/16 10:22 PM. Reason: Title change
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Quotable #12

First season Jimmy was a hero! Besides, who helped Lois learn how to pick locks and boost cars so she could go undercover in a car stealing ring?

Nice to see these little stories back. thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awww! These are wonderful. Tugging at my heartstrings for different reasons.

#12 - How sad for Jimmy to be homeless and not feel secure in his friendships to tell his closest associates. He doesn't want them to look down on him, but to earn their respect. This very fact makes me admire him. smile

#13 - What an interesting take on that magic line! clap I had never thought about Clark looking at himself and his relationship with Lois in quite that light. I can see why it lends himself to guard his secret all the more tightly.

#14 - Awww! Lois sees Clark as her friend and it's valuable enough relationship she would not want to wreck it by investigating what said secret could be. What a great insight into their growing partnership/friendship.

I'm so glad you're continuing with this series. I love finding new angles at which to view this show. smile I, too, have trouble with brevity, so I completely understand this writing challenge you set for yourself. clap The best of luck to you!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awesome--I'm so glad for some more of these! dance

I haven't watched the show in such a long time. Not that I haven't wanted to, but it seems like free time always pulls me towards here and the Archive notworthy. You all are just so talented!

So definitely, a glimpse of an episode--a new way to think about a certain scene or reaction of a character, to me is a real treat. It's a nice way to go back to an episode, without actually trying to find the time to do so thumbsup.

12: Awww. I really love Season 1 Jimmy. His eagerness. How his heart is worn on his sleeve. His willingness to be there for his friends. This episode--and this particular moment, when Clark (who Jimmy looks up to) trusts him to take care of Lois, and Lois actually seems totally ok about it. You can really tell how much that means to Jimmy. But I love how you took it a step further. Jimmy wants to matter. He wants to be needed. And he wants to be the one that others depend on. He knows that he needs Lois, Clark, Perry--he needs their love and friendship. He wants them to need him, too. Great thought process!!! clap

13: I always get a kick out of Lois not liking magic. It's very evident, very much stated in this episode, that she detests it. BUT--she's completely enamored with a man that can fly?!? The irony...that she doesn't like the lack of 'control' in the surprise that is magic, but that she can get past all the out-of-this-worldness that is Superman shock . I really like that you combined Lois' quote, with explaining Clark's fear. And his fear--wow, that really makes a ton of sense! What a great way to so closely link the episode to Clark personally hail. Superman, in a lot of ways, is the fog, the lights, the bells and whistles. And Lois, she really likes that. How would Clark not feel 'less' in some ways? And not wonder how less could be lacking to Lois? Awesome clap.

14: Wow--really loved this! hyper I always wondered when this scene came up--just why doesn't Mad Dog Lane come out and figure Clark out? Why doesn't she look into him? Investigate her partner a little bit? I'd always figure the banter was a fun back and forth and maybe (somehow) the idea was forgotten by Lois. But really, never liked that reasoning. I love your thought process though clap ! Clark is her friend. She's started to trust him. Even respect him. He's gotten 'in' to her heart a bit (even if she won't admit it), and maybe by here in the series she's ready/willing to put him before herself. She acknowledges a long-term timeframe with Clark (which is HUGE for Lois--to know someone will be around for the long run), and her gut tells her that he's going to come around, open parts of himself to her as their friendship grows and time brings them more together. Really think you have this nailed, Anti-K! Perfect grin.

Great job--really enjoyed these!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
Like NostalgiaKick's series, it's nice to take just a line or a short scene from an episode and see where that thought takes the characters. It gives you the chance to move away from plot and look at characterization, find a piece of their souls. It's the part we all hide - the thought that's in our heads, but we can't express. It's interesting, and makes for a unique series of super-shorts. Please, continue with these when they spark your muse!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
All right, so I'm bad with numbers and completely missed posting the Quotable for 'All Shook Up!' blush That will be forthcoming, but sorry for the mix-up!

Anyway, thanks so much for even bothering to read these little quick-sips of L&C!

I love S1 Jimmy, Morgana, as you know. He does have quite the checkered past for such a young guy, doesn't he?

Brevity's hard, isn't it, Virginia? I'm glad I'm not the only one! grin I've always loved playing around with the reasons Clark likes magic so much, and it's interesting that I got to address it both here and in Ghost Of A Chance. Thanks for the good wishes!

Thanks, LMA -- I love stories taken off of episodes, and this is a fun little way to let myself enjoy each episode without having to write an epic for each one! crazy I've always wondered, too, why Lois didn't latch onto Clark admitting he had a big secret, but I like the idea of her giving him this, after everything he does for her. I love how you pointed out how big it is for her to even admit to having a longer timeframe to figure Clark out -- hadn't thought of it in quite those terms, but it's so true.

Thanks, groobie! I really like writing these, though I find I either go way too long or just a few sentences that have to be fleshed out. Glad you're enjoying!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard