Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
devil peep angel-devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
OMG! So, I'm guessing Mayson survived the car bomb, here? Poor Lois. This will either clear things up or make them much worse. D:

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, no! Now, Lois is going to think that Clark told Mayson but not her. That's going to make things worse. Am I the only one who thinks it would've been better if Clark had said, "Yes, conditionally. We'll discuss this when I return from Japan." And then spin into his Superman uniform in front of her and take off? Then again, who knows what would've happened to Lois's unconscious body lying unprotected in the park.

Mayson?! Yikes! No wonder Lois was mad. Clark really didn't handle this well. This was not the way Lois should've found out. I'm agreeing with QoC. Either Mayson must've survived the bomb, knowing Clark's secret, or this takes place prior to that.

Why is Clark sick? Was the meltdown a trap for Superman? Did the Japanese somehow get hold of Superman's space cradle? Why would they want to hurt him? Or is it merely because he spent so much time underground with out replenishing sunlight that he was effected by the radiation? eek Get well, Clark! It's better if Lois kills you when you're healthy.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Double Trouble!!! Oh, no! More soon please.
r/
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
OMG! So, I'm guessing Mayson survived the car bomb, here? Poor Lois. This will either clear things up or make them much worse. D:

Yes, this Mayson survived the bombing. And yes, this will NOT go over well with Lois.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Virginia!

You know, I've had the idea of sparing Mayson only to have Lois later on figure out that Mayson knew first for a couple of years now. Your challenge gave me the perfect excuse to bring that storyline in. (It was so much more deliciously evil following a surprise proposal!)

Of course, it *would* have been better for a quick reveal, then a dash to the rescue, but...he's Clark, and not that smart with things like this. wink Although, I do agree, he would have needed to drop and unconscious Lois off at her apartment to protect her first.

I'm not spoiling anything by saying...I pulled in the virus from HIWTHI. It worked the best with the surprise Mayson reveal. wink

Get well, Clark! It's better if Lois kills you when you're healthy.

clap rotflol

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Artemis
Double Trouble!!! Oh, no! More soon please.
r/
Artemis

Absolutely double trouble for Clark! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh WOW! This is beyond messed up! shock

It wasn't fair to her. She didn't know what she was getting herself into. It was one thing to ask average Joe Clark Kent to marry her. It was another to ask Clark Kent, aka Superman, to marry her. She needed to know all the facts before she could really and truly decide if he was someone she wanted to spend the rest of her life with.

As usual, Clark is only thinking of her, but he really should have told her who he was and then taken off. Shocking? Yeah, but than Lois could have time to consider just who she was asking to spend her life with.

He found the first group of workers easily enough. They had made it fairly close to the door before collapsing. He brought them outside and to the paramedics, then headed back in. For hours, he searched the facility, from top to bottom and in every obscure corner. As he got deeper inside, he began to find the bodies of those who'd already died, thanks to the high levels of radiation inside. And, he noticed, as he got deeper and deeper into the facility, he began to feel strangely. He almost felt...sick.

This is radiation after all, it can affect anyone, even Superman.

By the time he reached Metropolis, he could barely fly. Forced into a landing, he found himself still a ways from either his apartment or Lois'. But he was near one friend's apartment. Someone he could trust to get him where he needed to be. He angled himself down to land before the building in question. But when he touched down, he collapsed on the steps leading up into the building.

S.T.A.R. Labs? Bernie?

For hours, she'd been ranting to herself, in an effort to bleed her emotions dry enough to begin healing her broken heart. After Clark had run off - and wasn't that just so typical of him, to run off during an important moment! - she'd held it together long enough to make it to her car. But once she was behind the wheel with the doors locked, engine idling and the heat beginning to seep out from the radiator vents, she'd cried. She cried harder than she'd ever cried in all her life.

Yup, crying is the best way to deal with heartache. Clark should never have run off like that! splat

"Mayson, for the love of God, don't jerk me ar..." She bit off her words abruptly and looked back at the sleeping face next to her. "C...Clark?"

She might toss out the marriage proposal and finish off the job that the radiation started!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Morgana! My mind is very much "beyond messed up" when it comes to writing! wink

Clark's too concerned with the lives in danger to really think about how he probably should have left things with Lois. He knows he royally screwed up by leaving like that, but telling her and bolting off wouldn't have been an option. He would have been too afraid of letting her sit and stew over his deception without getting to explain at all.

I did think of the radiation, but he kind of walked directly into a nuclear reactor to rid himself of the Kryptonite he ingested in Top Copy, and this would be less than that, since it's a leak and not a full blown thing.

Clark probably should have made for S.T.A.R. Labs, huh? evil

Oh, Lois is going to be mad all right!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
…and back again!
Clark had been hit by lightning more times than he cared to remember, but the shock to his body had never felt even remotely like this.
Plus, Lois was standing right there and yet, she’s not hovering.

But that would mean finally gathering up the courage to let her into that secret part of himself, the part he never let anyone get anywhere close to.
Funny thing, how he next runs away [Linked Image]
CLARK: Really? You think that’s *funny*?
ER: From a purely aesthetical PoV, yes, yes it is.

He swiftly severed the connection. He had no choice but to go and help. He just wished the timing would have been better.
Yes. Sure. Timing.

"Idiot!" he heard Lois chastising herself as he tuned his hearing to her. "I knew it was a bad idea to ask him. It's still too early in our relationship. And now I've scared him off. Good going, moron."
Oh dear. She’s blaming herself!

And, he noticed, as he got deeper and deeper into the facility, he began to feel strangely. He almost felt...sick.
Oh dear. Are they burning green crystals?

Each time he coughed, a bit of mucus came up, though it did nothing to relieve the congestion he felt.
At least it’s not blood, yet. So the radiation sickness isn’t too far along.

Clark nodded once in acknowledgement. Mr. Hamada extended a hand, which Clark took and shook.
Umm…what about decontamination? And is Mr. Hamada emulating western mannerisms as a courtesy to Superman?

By the time he reached Metropolis, he could barely fly. Forced into a landing, he found himself still a ways from either his apartment or Lois'. But he was near one friend's apartment.
Huh, wonder who.

"Now you've done it. You've scared him off. The one time I've ever been completely happy in my life, and I've gone and destroyed it. Why? Why did I have to ask him to marry me? Why couldn't I have waited for him to make the first move?"
Yes, Much better to seduce him, get pregnant after a couple of nights and *then* tell him. He’ll likely still take it as a marriage proposal and probably not run off.

"Lois, it's me. Mayson. Mayson Drake."
shock A…a…ghost! Clark died and went to Heaven!

Lois gripped the headset as anger shot through her. "What about Clark?"

"He's here, at my apartment."

"Yeah, well, you're welcome to him," Lois spat out.
laugh

"You don't understand. He's...he's in trouble," Mayson said, her voice shaking.
Of course he’s in trouble. He’s got a Lois and was found in Mayson’s apartment. Also, she *knows*? jawdrop

"That's ridiculous! He was just with me not five hours ago!"
Maybe it’s food poisoning.

"It's...it's complicated. You, of all people, should know that," Mayson said cryptically.
TEMPUS: [Linked Image]

Mayson gestured down the hallway to their right. "This way. In the guest room."

Guest room, Lois sneered to herself.

Jealous.
But Lois had one, too, didn’t she? For Lucy?

"Superman?" she asked, looking to Mayson. "I don't understand. I thought you said Clark was in trouble."

"He is, can't you see that?"

"Mayson, for the love of God, don't jerk me ar..." She bit off her words abruptly and looked back at the sleeping face next to her. "C...Clark?"
rotflol clap

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
And then spin into his Superman uniform in front of her and take off? Then again, who knows what would've happened to Lois's unconscious body lying unprotected in the park.
rotflol

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Funny thing, how he next runs away
CLARK: Really? You think that’s *funny*?
ER: From a purely aesthetical PoV, yes, yes it is.

Evil Writer: Hells yeah, it's funny! Sorry, Clark!

Oh dear. She’s blaming herself!

Oh course she is. She's Lois.

Oh dear. Are they burning green crystals?

Or making some, a la Breaking Bad?

At least it’s not blood, yet. So the radiation sickness isn’t too far along.

Almost wrote it as blood, to be honest.

Umm…what about decontamination? And is Mr. Hamada emulating western mannerisms as a courtesy to Superman?

The same decontamination he needed after Lex's "leak?" And the exposure to radiation in "Top Copy?" wink

And yes, I figured Mr. Hamada would extend the American custom to him, seeing as Superman is considered an American since he's been vocal about Metropolis being his home.

Huh, wonder who.

Zara: Don't look at me!

Yes, Much better to seduce him, get pregnant after a couple of nights and *then* tell him. He’ll likely still take it as a marriage proposal and probably not run off.

rotflol

A…a…ghost! Clark died and went to Heaven!

Clark: Considering how mad Lois is gonna be, I don't think this is "Heaven."

Of course he’s in trouble. He’s got a Lois and was found in Mayson’s apartment. Also, she *knows*?

Yup! devil

Of course he’s in trouble. He’s got a Lois and was found in Mayson’s apartment. Also, she *knows*?

I'm not certain we ever knew for sure. For all we know, Lucy was sleeping on the couch or on an air mattress in the living room, especially since she didn't stay with Lois all that long.

Thanks for stopping in!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
DC! jawdrop You get back here and post a much needed Part 3 wildguy devil ( grovel ).

Wow--I did NOT see Mayson making an appearance in the story (let alone Lois finding Clark--as Superman--AT Mayson's apartment after Clark ditching Lois during a marriage proposal!?!). It's amazing how far from a sweet 'will you marry me?' we've come (and in only one part devil grin).

I am really intregued by Mayson living beyond the car bombing--having discovered that Clark is Superman, and then to take it to that next level and have her (Mayson) be part of how Lois then finds out that Clark is Superman. Really interesting thumbsup!

Yeah...Clark surely did NOT handle this that great. Pretty horrible, even. And I thought he was in trouble with the 'secret identity' thing! Now there's just heaps of hurdles to overcome. Good thing Clark has 6 more parts to put things back into place and happily ever after (I hope love).

Really reeeaaalllly wanting to read more. Just what is that first conversation between them going to be after Clark wakes up? IN the suit, no less! notworthy

Great job!!!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
DC! jawdrop You get back here and post a much needed Part 3 wildguy devil ( grovel ).

Wow--I did NOT see Mayson making an appearance in the story (let alone Lois finding Clark--as Superman--AT Mayson's apartment after Clark ditching Lois during a marriage proposal!?!). It's amazing how far from a sweet 'will you marry me?' we've come (and in only one part devil grin).

I am really intregued by Mayson living beyond the car bombing--having discovered that Clark is Superman, and then to take it to that next level and have her (Mayson) be part of how Lois then finds out that Clark is Superman. Really interesting thumbsup!

Yeah...Clark surely did NOT handle this that great. Pretty horrible, even. And I thought he was in trouble with the 'secret identity' thing! Now there's just heaps of hurdles to overcome. Good thing Clark has 6 more parts to put things back into place and happily ever after (I hope love).

Really reeeaaalllly wanting to read more. Just what is that first conversation between them going to be after Clark wakes up? IN the suit, no less! notworthy

Great job!!!
Laura

I promise - more is coming at the end of the week. Busy couple of days coming up around here.

I love that I could blindside people by throwing in (an in-the-know) Mayson. You'll see - Mayson and Clark have had some dealings that Lois isn't aware of. I've been wanting to do this for a long time now, actually - having Mayson alive and in the know without Lois being in the know.

Clark certainly handled his hasty departure poorly. But his entire world is spinning and his brain hasn't quite caught up to his body yet. wink

Clark better hope Lois doesn't kill him for this!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
Oh no! That is the absolute worst thing he could have done! Fly away for an emergency with no explanation? What's a girl supposed to think?! He would have been better off spinning into the uniform, saying, "We need to talk, just as soon as I get back from Japan," and then zipping away. laugh

And then, when he's on death's door, he shows up at Mayson's place? Nope, I don't care for his reasoning...there is no way Lois is going to take that well! Of all people, Mayson learns the truth before Lois?! /groobie shakes head Lois' claws are going to come out.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Oh no! That is the absolute worst thing he could have done! Fly away for an emergency with no explanation? What's a girl supposed to think?! He would have been better off spinning into the uniform, saying, "We need to talk, just as soon as I get back from Japan," and then zipping away. laugh

And then, when he's on death's door, he shows up at Mayson's place? Nope, I don't care for his reasoning...there is no way Lois is going to take that well! Of all people, Mayson learns the truth before Lois?! /groobie shakes head Lois' claws are going to come out.

I agree fully! Which is exactly why I had him fly off all flustered. Of course, he hasn't had a chance to plan for any of this, so maybe we can cut him a millimeter of slack. wink

He didn't really have a choice with going to Mayson. It was either land there or fall from the sky. Of course, explain this to Lois....

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard