Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Now events from the previous chapters are coming together!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
OOOOooh! I like this twist! The addition of the tunnels is a really good one!

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Features Writer
Features Writer
YAYY!!!! Love this chapter! dance

On the other side of Centennial Park, Lois and Clark waited for Rita Lane in front of a bronze statue of Lewis and Dawson, the leaders of the first continental crossing of America.

I'm curious. Love how you switched Lewis and Clark in this universe. Lois and Clark is a play on Lewis and Clark. Am I missing another one? Who is Dawson?

Rita was not only a former espionage agent, but a wife and mother of two boys. She was quite aware just from watching their body language that there was more to this ‘partnership’ than her niece was letting on. It was with no small amount of difficultly that she fought to keep the smirk off her face.

Go Rita! Nice to see someone else noticing their chemistry.

Unbeknowst to her, Clark froze in shock. Jasper Templar looked at him directly, smirked and then walked past him and numerous other guests and into the hotel’s sumptuous lobby.

Unexpectedly the strange dream he’d experienced the day he moved to Metropolis came sharply into focus. He thought, <This makes no sense at all. Why should that dream come up?> Slowly, thoughts, events and memories surfaced from the abyss of his brain, as if two long separated halves of a whole, reunited.

YES! He's remembering!

Lois noticed her partner was no longer walking beside her. She turned back and immediately noticed his wan complexion and said, “Goodness Clark, you look so pale! Are you all right?”

He shook his head, struggling to shake off his confusion and said, “No, no, I’m not. Lois, please tell Perry I’m not feeling well and I’ll be in tomorrow. Earlier today I gave him a couple of filler pieces, for the evening edition.”

“Don’t worry about that! Do you want me to help you get home?” She asked; her voice filled with worry and concern.

How sweet! She really does care about him. In contrast, Lana would either have ignored his discomfort or complained about how it inconvenienced her.

Abruptly a sharp knock on the door split through his shock and terror. <Who could it be? Maybe it’s Lois checking up on me? I can’t see anyone now!> The knocking started again, this time more insistent. Then a voice with a distinct British accent came through. “Mr. Kent! Mr. Kent! I know who you are and what’s happening to you. Please let me in.”

Herb to the rescue! Okay, he's redeemed himself in this story. I was disappointed in him, concerned he had repressed Clark's memories. This makes sense with the two timelines fusing into one (if anything makes sense in time travel). It answers my question of how Tempus with a broken time machine would get the Lois from the other universe here, or why he would because this Lois Lane is alive and well.

The gifts of sharing Clark's globe and the tunnels are as the old credit card commercial used to say... "priceless" to Clark. thumbsup clap

Love how you changed the rules of the game. thumbsup It's a delightful way to win against the bad guys. And there are a lot of them in this universe.

If the suit was made by Martha that would make it even more precious to Clark. And I've been wondering although I don't expect an answer here in the comments if Herb also engineered breaking the time machine Tempus used to get to this universe. That would be delightfully ironic. laugh

Looking forward to the next installment! Wonderful chapter. clap clap

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Christina

OOOOooh! I like this twist! The addition of the tunnels is a really good one!

Thank you! Since living underground worked for Lex during the clone arch, I figured alt-Clark could take advantage of it. It will make tracking Superman's movement much harder for Tempus.

Last edited by Morgana; 10/04/16 06:44 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ciudadora

I'm curious. Love how you switched Lewis and Clark in this universe. Lois and Clark is a play on Lewis and Clark. Am I missing another one? Who is Dawson?

Just a random name. Since this is the alt-universe, subtle differences between Lois and Clark's world and Alt-Clark's will appearance at times. smile1

Herb to the rescue! Okay, he's redeemed himself in this story. I was disappointed in him, concerned he had repressed Clark's memories. This makes sense with the two timelines fusing into one (if anything makes sense in time travel). It answers my question of how Tempus with a broken time machine would get the Lois from the other universe here, or why he would because this Lois Lane is alive and well.

So glad you caught that! It was necessary, It would have been difficult for Clark to behave normally with two sets of memories in his head when the story began. Tempus made a mistake with the Time Machine and since he is not its creator could not fix it. So he's stuck in a difference time. Oh the perils of Time Travel! help

Morgana

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Morgana wave !

I have the pleasure of doing some catch up, reading your story this afternoon. Lucky me! dance

This chapter was amazing. Everything is starting to come together. You can sense the momentum, and details are starting to fall perfectly into place.

I have to agree--the tunnels are a such a great asset for Clark. What a good idea!

I'm glad to have Clark 'in' now on everything going on. I'm really curious how everything Super will go for him--my gut is really well!--and Lois' reaction. It's interesting that he does have the memory of the other Lois accepting his secret/abilities to build upon as Lois and Clark adjust to Superman being in their lives. So excited to read more!

Wonderful job!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
LMA

I have the pleasure of doing some catch up, reading your story this afternoon. Lucky me! dance

This chapter was amazing. Everything is starting to come together. You can sense the momentum, and details are starting to fall perfectly into place.

I have to agree--the tunnels are a such a great asset for Clark. What a good idea!

I'm glad to have Clark 'in' now on everything going on. I'm really curious how everything Super will go for him--my gut is really well!--and Lois' reaction. It's interesting that he does have the memory of the other Lois accepting his secret/abilities to build upon as Lois and Clark adjust to Superman being in their lives. So excited to read more!

Yes the momentum of the story is moving along, all the pieces have been presented. Now they are falling into place and performing their parts in this crazy epic!

So glad to read the tunnels are a hit! dance

Clark needed to have all of his memories of that terrible experience with Tempus restored. It will help him to keep from making any mistakes regarding that egomaniac. Now those memories plus the ones he has now will dovetail together making him stronger and ready to take on the mantle of Superman.

Thanks for commenting!

Morgana

Kerth
Kerth
Good explanation of the altered memories. Every time I open this story, I think back the the beginning and wonder why Lois and Clark don't recognize each other. After all, you named the story "Airport", so that scene has to be important! At the very least, it's the reason that this Lois is still alive.

Agreed, Lana and Clark were destined to break up anyway - no loss getting rid of her sooner! wink I also liked the use of the tunnels - certainly a good way for Clark to move about the city in secret before he's Superman and can fly openly through the sky.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Groobie

Good explanation of the altered memories. Every time I open this story, I think back the the beginning and wonder why Lois and Clark don't recognize each other. After all, you named the story "Airport", so that scene has to be important! At the very least, it's the reason that this Lois is still alive.

So glad you like the explanation. As when we first meet Tempus, Wells had to protect the future which meant that Lois and Clark memories of their first encounter with both Tempus and Wells must be erased. Whereas here, time had to pass before Alt Clark could 'catch up' with the time period of Tempus meddling with his life.

All through the story there are important meetings at Larkin Airport. It is where Clark and Wells keep Lois from flying to the Congo and dying during her investigation of the gunrunners.

More to come ...

Morgana

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Another heavy wave of nausea rolled over him like a tempest tossed sea.

Tempus?

That name sounded familiar, as well as the ugly emotions that roiled to the surface like a hive of enraged fire ants. He seemed to scrape the very bottom of his reservoir of strength to lift his hand and bring it to his face. The appendage seemed faint, almost like a translucent membrane. Carefully, he walked over to the mirror and what he saw tore a ragged scream from his lips. His clothes were in solid stark contrast to his body, he was literally fading away. A thought, half-formed galloped through his mind. Is this a late blooming manifestation of his alien powers?

Abruptly a sharp knock on the door split through his shock and terror. <Who could it be? Maybe it’s Lois checking up on me? I can’t see anyone now!> The knocking started again, this time more insistent. Then a voice with a distinct British accent came through. “Mr. Kent! Mr. Kent! I know who you are and what’s happening to you. Please let me in.”

Clark stumbled up the short flight of stairs and managed to walk to the door, something about the voice was achingly familiar, and this was someone he could trust. He reached over to unlock the door when he noticed that his right hand had simply melted away. A strangled, frightened cry escaped his throat.

“Mr. Kent … Clark, you must remain calm, I can help you! Please do try to open the door.” Clark looked down and saw that his left hand was still strong and solid. With super speed he flung open the door. Standing before him was an older gentleman wearing a black frock coat and a black bowler hat. He looked like someone who had just stepped off the stage of an Edwardian play. Slung over his shoulder was a satchel made of dull metallic fabric which contrasted oddly with the man’s costume. He bounced jauntily on his toes and said, “H.G. Wells at your service! It is a pleasure to ah, ‘see’ you again Mr. Kent.”

I was wondering when Herb would show up....
“True, taking you out of that timeline changed many things. I am sorry about the broken engagement with Miss Lang, but it seems that the two of you were never meant to be husband and wife. Miss Lane on the other hand, is alive and doing what she does best; investigating and exposing corruption, such as this fellow who owns DMG. The only way to put an end to this villain’s deeds is to work together as an investigative journalist team.”

“But how do I keep Tempus from destroying my life now? Surely he knows who I am? Unless…” his voice trailed off, “Lois and Clark from the other universe! I was … Superman to help him?” Clark said the name, testing the word.

“Correct! When Tempus tried to destroy Clark Jerome’s identity you were there to prove him wrong – as Superman. But remember so many events here have changed. Miss Lang is now married to Gregory Daae. Perry White did not run for office, so James Olsen won’t be arranging a debate between him and Tempus. You won’t have to face Templar at a television station. But eventually there will be a confrontation with him. He is a man of means in Metropolis, albeit he is not as well-known as either Mr. Daae or Lex Luthor, but he is a shadowy manipulator in the corporate arena.”

“Lana?” Clark asked, despite everything, he still could not dismiss her as she had done to him.

The expression on Herb’s face was blank when he said, “Mrs. Daae has chosen her path. There really is nothing further to be done in that regard. Whatever difficulties she and her spouse face in the aftermath of the media exploitation investigations cannot be a barrier to yours and Miss Lane’s investigation … or your future happiness together. My chief concern in this matter is Superman and Utopia.”

“Superman, that’s my secret from the dream I had. It is … my secret identity?” He asked.

A little harsh aren't you Herb?

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard