Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Comments go here, please. I hope you like it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper Yea! Lois did it! Now, what? /bites fingernails nervously, then grins... a devilish grin of a sister evil writer/ Yes, what WILL he do? rotflol He's now stuck between a rock and...

CAT: Go ahead! Please call Lois a hard place. Please! grovel

How about getting stuck between having everything he's ever wanted and losing it all? wink Will he accept without telling her the truth? Would he chance marrying her, or even getting engaged WITHOUT telling her? But I digress...

It goes to show what a wonderful man Clark is, that he went to the florist who's son was suffering from cancer and who probably needed the money more.

It's just like Clark to think that Lois is dumping him instead of taking a chance on him. Clearly, there's one non-coward in this relationship and it isn't the man in tights. Good for you, Lois! And at the fountain, too. clap

"I can't live without you in my life," she said, gazing into his eyes. "I need you, Clark. Today, tomorrow, always. I know this seems crazy and impulsive. But...I've been thinking long and hard about this Clark. This is what I want. I'm not jumping into this head first without checking the water level first. Please, believe me, Clark."
So sweet! Awwwwww. I kept expecting the proposal at the restaurant. Will Lois slip the ring into his champagne? Will she put one on top of his cake? What would a male engagement ring look like, anyway? It's not like she would buy one for herself to wear. Will she give him a token of her esteem or just propose? (It seems to be leaning towards the latter.)

Oh, boy! And 7 more parts to torture Clark. How fun!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Virginia! wave

Yea! Lois did it! Now, what? /bites fingernails nervously, then grins... a devilish grin of a sister evil writer/ Yes, what WILL he do? He's now stuck between a rock and...

CAT: Go ahead! Please call Lois a hard place. Please!

Lois knows what she wants for a change! Hooray!

Lois: *crosses arms* Go ahead, Clark. Call me a hard place.

Clark: peep

How about getting stuck between having everything he's ever wanted and losing it all? Will he accept without telling her the truth? Would he chance marrying her, or even getting engaged WITHOUT telling her? But I digress...

Well...you'll see. devil

It goes to show what a wonderful man Clark is, that he went to the florist who's son was suffering from cancer and who probably needed the money more.

Definitely! And he's so wonderful, that it wouldn't even occur to him that way. It would just be what flowers will make Lois happy, and that would be all.

It's just like Clark to think that Lois is dumping him instead of taking a chance on him. Clearly, there's one non-coward in this relationship and it isn't the man in tights. Good for you, Lois! And at the fountain, too.

Gotta bring that romantic fountain in when I can! I'll admit - it's fun to make Lois the more assertive one in the relationship!

So sweet! Awwwwww. I kept expecting the proposal at the restaurant. Will Lois slip the ring into his champagne? Will she put one on top of his cake? What would a male engagement ring look like, anyway? It's not like she would buy one for herself to wear. Will she give him a token of her esteem or just propose? (It seems to be leaning towards the latter.)

Oh, boy! And 7 more parts to torture Clark. How fun!

I figured people would expect it at the restaurant, so I definitely didn't want it there. Can you just picture Lois going with one of those old clichés? The ring in the champagne or cake, proposing on a billboard during a sports game, etc? Actually...that could be hilarious!

There will be no token/ring/etc. I can't see her buying one for herself and I can't see her buying one for Clark. I think she would reject the idea as almost emasculating. (Not that it is or anything. I have no opinion on the subject. But I can see Lois viewing such an act that way.)

More torture to come! But, uh, probably not quite what you are thinking about.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I like the change up to this story. Lois taking the lead. Boy, I can't wait to see how Clark handles the proposal. I can picture him pretty flabbergasted. First, hoping Lois isn't going to call it quits, to a marriage proposal. Now, he needs to find a way not to screw it all up. Can't wait for more to come. Sarah

Features Writer
Features Writer
Oohh, I love this premise! Lois taking the initiative is just so... Lois without the baggage from Claude and Sam Lane interfering. I've always thought Lois proposing (like she did at the end of UW) helped them be more equal partners, at least in her mind. And here she gets to propose first!

What a sweet, lovely proposal. notworthy clap

Looking forward to Clark's answer, and when he will tell her about Superman. So many possibilities... smile1

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by sarah
I like the change up to this story. Lois taking the lead. Boy, I can't wait to see how Clark handles the proposal. I can picture him pretty flabbergasted. First, hoping Lois isn't going to call it quits, to a marriage proposal. Now, he needs to find a way not to screw it all up. Can't wait for more to come. Sarah

Thanks! Glad you like the idea of Lois proposing first. How will Clark handle it? Not in a good way, that's for sure! wink

Thanks fore reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Oohh, I love this premise! Lois taking the initiative is just so... Lois without the baggage from Claude and Sam Lane interfering. I've always thought Lois proposing (like she did at the end of UW) helped them be more equal partners, at least in her mind. And here she gets to propose first!

What a sweet, lovely proposal. notworthy clap

Looking forward to Clark's answer, and when he will tell her about Superman. So many possibilities... smile1

Glad you liked it! I do think Clark has a bit more baggage than Lois does right now, what with his secret and all. I always thought Lois proposing was very sweet, and a great way to show that she was ready to take the next step, rather than her just sitting around and hoping that the lunkhead would pick up on subtle cues.

As for the answer and Superman things...well...devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Author's Note: I'm messing with everything, as usual.

If you didn't mess with everything I would be seriously worried! goofy

The visit to the hospital wasn't one he would soon be forgetting. He'd gone to hospitals before, of course. Superman was forever being asked to visit sick fans. But that had been the first time he'd personally known one of the people he'd been asked to visit. It had been a depressing experience, seeing so many kids stricken with illnesses - many of them terminal - but it had been uplifting as well, to see so many kids smiling and laughing amid their hospital stays. In the end though, he'd had to visit Lois under the guise of bringing ice cream sundaes, just to chase away the lingering grief in his heart.

So glad you showed this side of Superman! Usually its the rescues, but this is Clark in a quiet, yet powerful way of helping some children deal with the greatest challenge of their lives. Nicely written!

"Speaking of December," Clark said, "I was wondering if you'd like to come out to Smallville for Christmas. Or if you'd prefer, we can stay in Metropolis and my folks will fly in. They're okay with either option. Or did you have plans with your family?"

They are getting closer!

"I can't live without you in my life," she said, gazing into his eyes. "I need you, Clark. Today, tomorrow, always. I know this seems crazy and impulsive. But...I've been thinking long and hard about this Clark. This is what I want. I'm not jumping into this head first without checking the water level first. Please, believe me, Clark."

"I do, Lois," he replied, though he was confused. Just what was Lois getting at? "But, uh..."

He didn't get the chance to ask his question.

"Clark Kent? Will you marry me?"

Ohhh turning the tables on the men! Now what is Clark gonna do? help

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Morgana!

I know, right? It would be unlike me not to completely mess with things. Hopefully the little surprises I have in store go over well...

I thought it was kind of cool to show Clark in a slightly different act of helping. Had the story allowed, I would have actually shown him in the hospital with the kids, but I think it worked better as a brief memory.

More to come at the end of the week! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki!

When Lois decides that Clark is the one for her, she doesn't leave anything up to chance. But she may know less than she thinks she does.
Ah, let’s see about that one! smile1

Author's Note: I'm messing with everything, as usual.
LOIS: dizzy
CLARK: confused

Clark whistled as he adjusted his tie in the mirror. It felt strange, to be wearing a plain black tie, instead of one of his typically more colorful, interesting ones.
A funeral? But why is he whistling. Maybe it’s Lex’s funeral?

For the life of him, Clark couldn't understand why Lois wanted to go there. Or why she was insisting that tonight's date was on her.
Ah, that’s why. Wonder if he senses that he’s headed to his funeral and thus decided on a more somber attire.

Sure, it was their six month anniversary, but that didn't quite justify the extravagance of this date, in his mind.
She could also be trying to get him in the sack.

The one person in the entire world he would one day tell his secret to.
TRASK: I suddenly feel so cheap and used mecry

The other part of him was terrified of the prospect and the unknown that would come as a result.
Worried he might no longer have a reason to avoid intimacy?

"Maybe it's time," he mumbled to himself as he craned his neck first one way, then the other, searing the stubble from his chin with his heat vision.
And maybe the grave’s just deep enough already.

He couldn't ruin the night for her by dropping a bombshell like the fact that he was Superman on her.
[Linked Image]

Benny shook his head. "Staying tough as always. The chemo's been so hard on him. But that kid hasn't complained once, if you can believe it. The doctors all seem to think he's responding well, and that he's got a good chance of beating this thing."
sad

He made it to her door with three minutes to spare, thanks to the skillful way the taxi driver navigated the city streets.
LOIS: And yet when I drive like that, he looks like his life’s flashing in front of his eyes.

"Yeah, you're right," Benny joked as he rang up Clark's purchase. "You take care not to lose her, you hear me? Women like Lois Lane are rare."
Sounds like good business for Benny!

"Going skiing in Colorado with her new boyfriend...Steve or Dean or George or Stanley...I don't know. Something. She's only been with him for two weeks."
huh Maybe it’s four guys? huh

"Why would I? She never stays with them long enough for me to get to know them,"
Like with fighter squadrons when the new guys must survive the fifth combat engagement before anyone bothers to learn their names?

Clark carefully spooned some of his Crème Brule into Lois' mouth, while she fed him dainty pieces of her torte.
laugh

"I've changed a lot in these last six months, Clark. My priorities have changed."
Oh dear! She’s breaking up with him wink You know, without knowing the premise, this would be the perfect suspense. No one would expect a proposal form Lois.

I'm not jumping into this head first without checking the water level first. Please, believe me, Clark."
Two seconds later…
LOIS: dizzy Where did that rock come from?

"Clark Kent? Will you marry me?"
[Linked Image]

/off to part 2/

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Michael! wave

A funeral? But why is he whistling. Maybe it’s Lex’s funeral?

Mayson's. He's excited that he doesn't have to let her down easy.

She could also be trying to get him in the sack.

All she needs is that harem outfit back.

TRASK: I suddenly feel so cheap and used

Lex: You are.

LOIS: And yet when I drive like that, he looks like his life’s flashing in front of his eyes.

Clark: I feel safer with the cabbies.

Sounds like good business for Benny!

Benny's out back swimming in a pool filled with cash.

Maybe it’s four guys?

Lucy: I plead the 5th!

Like with fighter squadrons when the new guys must survive the fifth combat engagement before anyone bothers to learn their names?

Lois: For some reason, they all wear red shirts too...

Oh dear! She’s breaking up with him You know, without knowing the premise, this would be the perfect suspense. No one would expect a proposal form Lois.

Very true!

Two seconds later…
LOIS: Where did that rock come from?

Tempus: *whistles innocently*

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awwww...I have been really looking forward to reading this story grin clap hyper !

What a great premise. I love this idea!

It is really refreshing to see Lois be the one to be very sure about them (not that Clark's not sure, though, just not the first to make the move) and put herself out on a limb. And Clark--wow...to worry about maybe being dumped (that be the 'problem') to a proposal! Then said 'problem' all of a sudden turns totally into Superman and how/when/what he should do about his other identity jump. Clark's head--it really must be spinning (in such a really awesome, but kinda crazy way)!

I am so excited to get into these next 7 parts. It's going to be great to see Clark try to figure this all out, and have us readers--meanwhile--know that Lois was the one to confidently broach the subject love.

I totally was expecting the proposal to come at the restaurant. But, IMO, completely loved it at the fountain grin.

Laura (who conveniently has another part to read--right now wave )

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Awwww...I have been really looking forward to reading this story grin clap hyper !

What a great premise. I love this idea!

It is really refreshing to see Lois be the one to be very sure about them (not that Clark's not sure, though, just not the first to make the move) and put herself out on a limb. And Clark--wow...to worry about maybe being dumped (that be the 'problem') to a proposal! Then said 'problem' all of a sudden turns totally into Superman and how/when/what he should do about his other identity jump. Clark's head--it really must be spinning (in such a really awesome, but kinda crazy way)!

I am so excited to get into these next 7 parts. It's going to be great to see Clark try to figure this all out, and have us readers--meanwhile--know that Lois was the one to confidently broach the subject love.

I totally was expecting the proposal to come at the restaurant. But, IMO, completely loved it at the fountain grin.

Laura (who conveniently has another part to read--right now wave )

Glad you like the idea of it! Hopefully, you'll enjoy the way I run it off the road for a little bit too. (As if I would write anything straight forward!)

I liked letting Lois be the one to take charge and do what Clark so badly wants to do, but isn't quite confident enjoy to do yet. It's nice to see her more relationshipially mature. wink (Yes, I made up a word.)

I also enjoyed throwing Clark off balance with the proposal. It's part of the reason why he handles the call for Superman so poorly - he's thrown off balance and things are happening too fast for his poor brain to process. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
Catching up with the boards tonight after a few very busy weeks. Sorry it has taken so long!

Only dating for six months, it would seem like a proposal was insanely out of the blue (as it was in the series itself, but I digress!). It sure was sweet, though. smile This is going to be trouble. Does Clark just blurt out the truth now, or does he hide a while longer, which is NOT going to be appreciated by Lois later? On to the next part to find out...

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Catching up with the boards tonight after a few very busy weeks. Sorry it has taken so long!

Only dating for six months, it would seem like a proposal was insanely out of the blue (as it was in the series itself, but I digress!). It sure was sweet, though. smile This is going to be trouble. Does Clark just blurt out the truth now, or does he hide a while longer, which is NOT going to be appreciated by Lois later? On to the next part to find out...

No problem! I'm shamefully behind on the boards as well. RL certainly does get in the way!

I figured 6 months wouldn't be too completely crazy (I got engaged after only 6 months myself) but also a really short time where Clark's head would be absolutely spinning with shock. Trouble? But of course!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard