Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Kryptonite: It causes Clark pain, could possibly kill him, and temporarily strips him of those differences which separate him from Steve in Accounting.

What if it also did something else, besides? For example, how would Green Glow of Home have been different if, in addition to being rendered powerless, Clark had also become temporarily blind? or deaf? Suppose, after escaping Luthor's Kryptonite cage, he found himself not only powerless, but completely invisible? Or conversely, what if his hair and/or skin turned such a loud color that anyone who saw him would suspect something wasn't normal?

What are the possibilities, do you think? cool

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I can think of a few R-rated ideas... devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
There are a myriad of Silver Age comics in which red kryptonite caused weird changes in Clark. The rules at that time were that each piece of red-K affected Clark differently, and each piece could only affect him once. (Of course, the rules were bent as needed for the story line of the moment.) The changes were always temporary -- typically lasting for a day or two. Some of the odder changes included him getting a lion's head, an ant's head, and growing incredibly long hair (including facial hair).

Now for our Clark: How about it rendering him mute, or else giving him a really odd, distinctive voice?Making him use Bizarro-like speech? Making his senses so powerful that they debilitate him? Making him disoriented so that he feels dizzy when he is upright and he must remain upside down? Reversing his feelings for people so he hates Lois but considers Lex his best friend? Making him believe he is Batman (or Santa Claus)? Makes him give off a powerful, distinctive (pleasant, but identifiable) scent?

I guess that's enough silliness from me for the moment. Next?

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I love this idea!

What if it gave him amnesia? What if it made him speak only in another language (French, German, Russian). What if it gave him an odd tic (Clark, why do you keep hitting yourself in teh shoulder?)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I love this idea!

What if it gave him amnesia? What if it made him speak only in another language (French, German, Russian). What if it gave him an odd tic (Clark, why do you keep hitting yourself in teh shoulder?)

The first of these is the starting point for the first few stories in Nan Smith's "Dagger" series.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
It could be fun to have him lose all sense of direction.

"Hi Lois, I'm in Nebraska--could you tell me how to get to Metropolis?"

Shallowford
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
What if it completely reversed his ethical opinions, so that, for example, he thought leaving a bunch of humans alone with Zod was not only not a bad idea, but actually the morally correct thing to do?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There's always the old standby of turning Clark into a baby/toddler.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Are we talking about Green Kryptonite or Red? huh

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Suggs_With_A_Box
What if it completely reversed his ethical opinions, so that, for example, he thought leaving a bunch of humans alone with Zod was not only not a bad idea, but actually the morally correct thing to do?
At which point, Lois would realize what this particular variety of Kryptonite did to Kryptonians and expose Zod to it, turning him into a hero instead of a villain.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Morgana
Are we talking about Green Kryptonite or Red? huh

I'd intended the challenge to be for green Kryptonite, although red is a good source of ideas for possible effects. Mostly,the idea is meant to be "He loses his powers and something else happens to him besides.

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He loses his powers and his sense of balance, so he walks as if drunk.

He loses his powers and his clothes. [Linked Image] /Okay, I might be trying to temp groobie's Nfic muse with that one/

LOIS: Strange, I woke up in Lex's office, water from the fish tank pouring onto my head and Clark was lying there, naked, and shot and I was holding the gun. Why in the world would I shoot my naked partner with Kryptonite? It doesn't make any sense, Officer.

peep

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
He loses his powers and his clothes. /Okay, I might be trying to temp groobie's Nfic muse with that one/

Even when I was a kid, I knew there was something inherently wrong about Bill Bixby turning into Lou Ferrigno and ripping every article of clothing but his shorts. Those (a-hem) hips are just not the same size.

Wouldn't it be tragic if Kryptonite got on Superman's suit and he had to strip it off? I may have to let my mind linger over that sad, sad scenario. devil

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Wouldn't it be tragic if Kryptonite got on Superman's suit and he had to strip it off? I may have to let my mind linger over that sad, sad scenario. devil
Deadly Chakram wrote a story in which that happened. I'm terrible at names... /runs off to the archives/... Spark of Discovery. Sorry about the delay, I got sucked back into it. DC's stories have that problem. Once you start to read them, they're hard to put down. Anyway, Enjoy.

But if your muse still wants to tickle this dilemma, I'm sure there's room on the boards for another story with this theme. evil

Last edited by VirginiaR; 11/09/15 02:27 PM. Reason: omitted word

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for the plug, Virginia! I'm happy to attempt to produce fics that suck you in. (Does that make me somewhat dangerous?) wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Originally Posted by groobie
Deadly Chakram wrote a story in which that happened. I'm terrible at names... /runs off to the archives/... Spark of Discovery. Sorry about the delay, I got sucked back into it. DC's stories have that problem. Once you start to read them, they're hard to put down. Anyway, Enjoy.

But if your muse still wants to tickle this dilemma, I'm sure there's room on the boards for another story with this theme. evil

I knew this was ringing a bell. Clark had kryptonite dust in his suit in Terry Leatherwood's Further on Down the Road and Lois had to take it off him. (Part 2 of the series, so start with The Road Taken if you aren't familiar.)

Edit 12:36. Aaaand now that it's on my computer I have to read it again.

Last edited by Shallowford; 11/20/15 01:36 PM.

Shallowford
A
Blogger
Blogger
A
Hahaha, I love this thread laugh

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Welcome to the boards, Alicia_Rose. Feel free to join us while we brainstorm silly ideas.

How about it teleports Clark to a completely different spot on Earth?

Mom, sorry about the international collect call, but I'm in Australia and I have no idea how I got here. Plus, I don't have any powers (he wouldn't mention that last part to Lois). I've never had any problem using them south of the Equator before...

VirginiaR.
---
Blogger
Blogger
Welcome to the boards, Alicia_Rose. Feel free to join us while we brainstorm silly ideas.

How about it teleports Clark to a completely different spot on Earth?

Mom, sorry about the international collect call, but I'm in Australia and I have no idea how I got here. Plus, I don't have any powers (he wouldn't mention that last part to Lois). I've never had any problem using them south of the Equator before...

it sounds like Portkey laugh

I'm thinking more about red K effects...dr Friskin said that it affected Clark mentally,then it could cause some kinds of mental disorder manifestations...depression,personality/behavioral change,hallucination,stuff like that

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard