Next Thread
Print Thread
#271888 09/27/16 02:53 AM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
There's so much going on in Individual Responsibility, it was hard to pick out a storyline to work with! So I went with something a little less obvious smile

I've always considered the whole Scardino arc of S2 to be a bit painful to watch, so I often skip from Lucky Leon to Whine Whine Whine (bad habit lol); the end result is it's been a very long time since I watched Individual Responsibility. It's redeemed itself a little in my eyes lol.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey Feli wave...

That's ironic--I (and I haven't watched the show for awhile, too busy reading fanfic wink )--totally used to do something like that, too! I'd get to LL, watch that, and then skip to IR. I love the end of IR, so even though some of it isn't my favorite (an apathetic Clark/Superman frown ), I'd always watch it regardless.

I totally applaud you for going this route in your story for IR. I figured you'd maybe pick something related to the ending (b/c, see above, totally love it love ), but what you went with fits quite well. I really enjoyed it!

How confusing of a time this would have been for Clark! How frustrating! Besides all the craziness of Dan and his relationship with Lois to contend with, Clark is also questioning his mental ability. His moral compass. If Clark can't trust himself, what really does he have left in life?

You really hit the nail on the head notworthy. Great job! Excited for more!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 09/27/16 01:49 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Poor Clark! To think that he's doing all this stuff because of a mental breakdown. How sad.

I know there's many anti-Scardinos out there, but the moment I hated most from IR (that not many mention, maybe because they're as scarred as I am), is when Superman FLIRTS with (and asks stupid questions to) the dog walker in front Lois instead of rescuing Perry. Yes, it's horrible that Clark would do that to Perry, but to flirt with another woman (or even consider doing it as Superman, let alone in front of Lois)??? No wonder he would think he had reached his breaking point? Then again, how could that NOT be the work of some evil scientist?! But I digress.

You're really pulling on poor Clark's heartstrings with all this angst. Shall we give him some good news next story? wink wink grovel

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Yay, feedback smile

Laura- I'm having fun exploring the less-often considered storylines. I love the ending (so sweet, and I love the way Lois looks at Clark) but as I said, there's a lot going on in this episode.

VirginiaR- the dog walker bit gets my goat too! I know he's under the influence of red K, but grr! What on earth is he thinking? As for the angst... I can't promise anything (haven't started writing the next one). Plus, I like torturing characters devil

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Forgot to add- thank you for the feedback! You brightened up what was a truly rotten day

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
You are so right, Virginia...LOL--maybe I've been trying to mentally block out that dog walker scene? thud splat.

I've always hated that moment. To flirt in the Suit--in the way that he did--and have it be in front of Lois? (While his boss/friend is being abducted, no less? wallbash) Argh! Definitely the low point in the episode...

Laura

Hope today shapes up to be a great one, Feli! sloppy

Last edited by LMA; 09/28/16 12:58 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello Feli!

Hopefully the day has gotten much better since posting.

Perry is my friend and more. I owe him an incredible amount, as both Clark Kent and Superman. He took a chance on Clark, and in doing so changed my life forever. He welcomed an unknown alien with powers that send some people running for the hills, and in doing so laid the groundwork for the reception Superman received from the rest of the world. He’s defended me, saved me from prison, advised me, and always- always- believed in me.

In many ways Clark owes his future happiness to Perry White, otherwise he might have never met Lois and discovered the love of his life. He defended him when other people (and Papers) wanted him out of Metropolis as swiftly as he came. So it makes perfectly good sense that Perry's kidnapping is causing him no small amount of grief.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard