Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Greetings!

RL has once again gotten ahead of me. dizzy Hopefully going forward the posting schedule will stay on track.

Comments can be made here.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Morgana smile...

What a treat this chapter was clap clap clap. I can't tell you how much I am enjoying this story and how excited I am when I see you post a new chapter.

Ralph! Wow! I did not see that coming. I mean, I really have never liked the guy, but I didn't at all guess that he was 'in' on all of this. That really surprised me (in a really good, shocking kind of way notworthy ). And now he's going to be keeping an eye on what Lois and Clark are up to. Boy, when he catches wind that they are investigating Daae it's going to get very interesting help.

I'm glad for Clark that he spoke with Lana. Even though it pretty much confirmed how lucky he is to be rid of her, it still in the end, IMO, will bring him some much needed closure. Hopefully he will begin to heal. And I have a feeling that being back at work--being around Lois--will help his broken heart smile.

Very excited to see how this meeting with Aunt Rita goes.

Loving this!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
LMA

Ralph is a total snitch! One of my least favorite characters in the series besides Mindy Church. Originally He was willing to do Daae's bidding as long as it serves his own ends, but now it is a matter of life and death.

Clark is a fortunate man not to have Lana around anymore! She was hindering any chance of Superman making an appearance. But now that she is gone all that is going to change. Right now he is making his way back from a nasty shock and will need all the encouragement and love his friends can provide. Lois will be there as well ... as a friend. But we have several more parts ahead anything can happen!

Thanks so much for following this story!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
Good to know that Lana at least claims she'll keep Clark's secret. But who knows how that will go...Ben Franklin said, "Three may keep a secret...if two of them are dead." wink Getting back to work is the best thing for Clark. He can focus on the story, begin to heal the scars left by Lana's betrayal, and get to know Lois better. laugh Ralph is scum, as usual. wink But nice to see him integrated into the intrigue part of the story. You've done a good job in finding places for the characters to fit into this universe.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Groobie

Good to know that Lana at least claims she'll keep Clark's secret. But who knows how that will go...Ben Franklin said, "Three may keep a secret...if two of them are dead."

Ooh I love reading your comments, they are always so insightful! It would do Lana no good to mention having any connection at all with the Man of Steel. If his cover is blown someone is bound to remember that at one time Mrs. Daae and Clark Kent were once an item. Imagine how all that negative publicity would appear to her husband? Gregory likes to control the news, not be in the center of it.

By the way, love the Ben Franklin quote!

Getting back to work is the best thing for Clark. He can focus on the story, begin to heal the scars left by Lana's betrayal, and get to know Lois better.

Yes! Working with a certain brunette will help make the pain go away! sloppy

Morgana

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Determined not to be rattled by her reproof, Clark folded his arms defensively and said, “What will your husband think if he discovers you were here?”

Her chin jutted upwards, a gesture of defiance. “Nothing at all, especially since Gregory is aware I’m visiting you. He … we feel it is important to ‘clear the air’.”

“Really? I think that was accomplished already in Zurich and then at the airport when you announced your marriage. You cleared me completely out of your life! When we were on the phone all the time you were in Europe, why did you lie to me?”

Lana’s pretty face twisted and she spoke sharply, “I never lied. There were a number of business contacts that had to be made in order to acquire the pieces necessary for the exhibit. Gregory helped me accomplish that task. Without his connections, locating those pieces and the Napoleon camp chair would have been close to impossible.”

“So, let me get this straight, over the course of a few weeks while ‘pursuing’ these pieces for the Napoleon exhibit the two of you ‘fell in love’?”

“Yes,” she responded flatly.

Get her Clark!
“Even before returning from Europe, I’ve been hearing about a series of ‘incidents’ around the city. The accounts vary, but they all agree on one thing: a ‘haze’ of motion and sound. Nothing will stop you from being a do-gooder, so I also need to distance myself from Clark Kent ... would-be superhero.”

His self-control slipped and angry words tumbled out of his mouth before he could stop them, “I can no more stop helping people, than you could stay out of that man’s bed!”

OUCH! Yeah she totally deserved that one.

“But you were never strong enough Clark, never willing to take risks. The kind of strength I wanted from you - for us - was to be a force to be reckoned with … without using your powers. I wanted a husband who could provide more than just a ‘good life’ for our family. We should have been one of the fabulous young professional couples in Metropolis. You’re a good reporter Clark, someday you are going to be one of the best, but print journalism won’t get us where we should have been. Don’t worry about your secret, it’s safe with me. I will never betray you in that regard. That much I can promise you. Good-bye, Clark.”

Well, there's that but still...

Clark was deeply touched by the genuine concern and little gestures of comfort his friends and co-workers bestowed upon him. Everyone that mattered came over, everyone that is except the lovely woman who was his work partner.

Lois held back and watched from her desk, she was proud of the newsroom staffers; everyone was trying to show they sympathized and would be there for him. She worked for the best newspaper and with the best people in the world. When the time was right, they would talk, for now he had to regain his footing.

Yeah, probably best to let him sort this mess out first before talking about that kiss on her couch .... or the obvious....ahem...sexual tension going on between them.

A slow smile spread over her face as she exited the conference room, watch out Mr. and Mrs. Daae, Lane and Kent, The Hottest Team in Town are on your trail!

Awwww yeah....

“It’s about time you showed up Boney!” Ralph hissed. “Perry White is going to want to know why I’ve been disappearing and not pulling my weight in the bullpen. Templar had better fork over some swinging fringe benefits - especially since I’ve been doing a lot of extra work for him and DMG.”

Bonesteel sat down next to Ralph Lombard on a pitted wooden bench in Centennial Park that had seen better years. He was careful that his perfectly tailored, navy pinstriped River Brothers suit did not suffer any indignities due to this meeting. “Considering the fact that those ‘extracurricular activities’ are helping to pay off your gambling debts among other things, deem yourself fortunate that Mr. Templar still has need of your ‘assistance’.”

Ralph snapped back, “Don’t get high and mighty with me! Jasper Templar may be our boss, but we all work for Gregory Daae! Guys like Daae don’t have anything to do with people like us. We’re the ones who get our hands dirty while he stays out of the picture.”

Ralph is a naughty naughty boy...

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard